Re: Minutes from Marketing Conference Call, 18 October 2018

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Sreekanth V K Sreekanth V K
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Minutes from Marketing Conference Call, 18 October 2018

Thank you Mike for sharing MoM. Unfortunately, I could not hear anything yesterday due to some technical glitches. I am happy and ready to provide any support within my capacity for improving the reach of Libreoffice in India.

I think it will be better if we could start organizing events/competitions/workshops focusing on the universities and colleges from where may get a good workforce and team. We may need to plan well in introducing the value proposition and implementing it.


Sincerely,
Sreekanth V K

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Thursday, October 18, 2018 7:02 PM, Mike Saunders <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Present:
>
> -   Franklin Weng
> -   Sophie Gautier
> -   Mike Saunders
> -   Redon Skikuli
> -   Amhed Haris
> -   Jona Azizaj
> -   Sreekanth V K
> -   Italo Vignoli
> -   Sam Tuke
> -   Foad Vafaei
>
> 1.  "What can I do for LibreOffice" site: help people to understand in
>     just a few clicks, how they can contribute. Need to get the design team
>     involved, make it available for translations, build a tree for the
>     information. Code here: https://github.com/jdm/asknot. AIs: Mike to find
>     out about domain, and talk to various sub-projects about questions to
>     use; Redon to work on the first tree map.
>
> 2.  Increased use of social media: work on more focused Twitter
>     campaigns, and encourage native language communities to make their own
>     social media accounts. Become more active on Instagram and LinkedIn -
>     but do in a coordinated way.
>
> 3.  Next Month of LibreOffice, coming up in November: Focus especially on
>     bringing in new contributors. Consider expanding data sources, and
>     linking to another event (eg a Reddit "Ask us Anything").
>
> 4.  Open Badges idea: Mike and Sophie catching up with various jobs after
>     LibOCon, but will work on it soon. Redon offers to help out as well.
>
> 5.  Sreekanth's topic: doing more in Indian community; converting
>     interested people into community members. Challenge with lots of
>     different languages. Organise a regular call and try to build a
>     community there, make it a focus for aggregation in 2019. Consider
>     funding someone to travel to India to help out, and a mini conference
>     (eg in Pune).
>
>     --
>     To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
>     Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
>     Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>     List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
>     Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
>



--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Biraj Karmakar Biraj Karmakar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Minutes from Marketing Conference Call, 18 October 2018

Hey Sreekanth and Mike,

I could not join the last meeting due to some problem.

I read MoM, it looks great to me. i am excited for India plan.


> I think it will be better if we could start organizing
> events/competitions/workshops focusing on the universities and colleges
> from where may get a good workforce and team. We may need to plan well in
> introducing the value proposition and implementing it.
>
>
> +1 count me in. I have good experince in this because I am in mozilla
india community last 8 years with other open source community. I was part
of on mozilla initiative, where we focus colleges and universities. other
than that I have run nightly campaign india last year. We have got good
results.





> Sincerely,
> Sreekanth V K
>
> Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.
>
> ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
> On Thursday, October 18, 2018 7:02 PM, Mike Saunders <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Present:
> >
> > -   Franklin Weng
> > -   Sophie Gautier
> > -   Mike Saunders
> > -   Redon Skikuli
> > -   Amhed Haris
> > -   Jona Azizaj
> > -   Sreekanth V K
> > -   Italo Vignoli
> > -   Sam Tuke
> > -   Foad Vafaei
> >
> > 1.  "What can I do for LibreOffice" site: help people to understand in
> >     just a few clicks, how they can contribute. Need to get the design
> team
> >     involved, make it available for translations, build a tree for the
> >     information. Code here: https://github.com/jdm/asknot. AIs: Mike to
> find
> >     out about domain, and talk to various sub-projects about questions to
> >     use; Redon to work on the first tree map.
> >
> > 2.  Increased use of social media: work on more focused Twitter
> >     campaigns, and encourage native language communities to make their
> own
> >     social media accounts. Become more active on Instagram and LinkedIn -
> >     but do in a coordinated way.
> >
> > 3.  Next Month of LibreOffice, coming up in November: Focus especially on
> >     bringing in new contributors. Consider expanding data sources, and
> >     linking to another event (eg a Reddit "Ask us Anything").
> >
> > 4.  Open Badges idea: Mike and Sophie catching up with various jobs after
> >     LibOCon, but will work on it soon. Redon offers to help out as well.
> >
> > 5.  Sreekanth's topic: doing more in Indian community; converting
> >     interested people into community members. Challenge with lots of
> >     different languages. Organise a regular call and try to build a
> >     community there, make it a focus for aggregation in 2019. Consider
> >     funding someone to travel to India to help out, and a mini conference
> >     (eg in Pune).
> >
> >     --
> >     To unsubscribe e-mail to:
> [hidden email]
> >     Problems?
> https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> >     Posting guidelines + more:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> >     List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
> >     Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
> >
>
>
>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems?
> https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
> Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy