Re: Release Dutch version Ubuntu Manual 12.04

Tom Tom

Re: Release Dutch version Ubuntu Manual 12.04

Hi :)

I thought people here might be interested in another route for getting LibreOffice's guides out there.  At the moment we have Lulu to "print on demand" and i think it's good to stick with that for the time being but would this other route be good to think about adding someday?

>________________________________

    Started with Ubuntu" (Precise-e2): "Aan de slag met Ubuntu 12.04 -
    Tweede Editie".

>The screen version (PDF) can be downloaded for free from http://ubuntu-manual.org/?lang=nl.
>The printed version can be bought here: <http://ubuntu-manual.org/buy/gswu1210/nl>, see details below.
>The Ubuntu Manual Team
>

>Publication Date: Jan 07 2013
>ISBN/EAN13: 1481919423 / 9781481919425
>Page Count: 150
>Binding Type: US Trade Paper
>Trim Size: 8.27" x 11.69"
>Language: Dutch; Flemish
>Color: Black and White
>Related Categories: Computers / Operating Systems / Linux
>List Price: $ 4.42

Sigrid Carrera Sigrid Carrera

Re: Release Dutch version Ubuntu Manual 12.04

Hi Tom,

as far as I know, we're also selling the English manuals through Ubuntu.
I think I've seen Jean posting some statistics about downloads and how
much money we made.

Sigrid

Tom Tom

Re: Release Dutch version Ubuntu Manual 12.04

Hi :)
Yes, Ubuntu have some sort of "Apps Store" (or something) and the Docs Team managed to get the LO guides into there.  I think it's not much per book as the main aim is just to make the guides more visible in more places and easier for everyone to get hold of.

I suspect the Ubuntu guides also mention or point to somewhere to get the LO guides from but the LO guides have too many similar places that could be pointed to.

Jean Weber Jean Weber

Re: Release Dutch version Ubuntu Manual 12.04

Tom,
Is that route available for manuals about apps as well as about Ubuntu itself? I don't have time to check on this myself right now.

In general, I think the more outlets the better.

--Jean

Tom Tom

Re: Release Dutch version Ubuntu Manual 12.04

Hi :)
Hannie contacted me privately to say the only reason they went that way was because their mailing lists could get Lulu to work!