Re: Today's infra outage

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Today's infra outage

Hello,

Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>> a small update on the infra outage today (affecting bugzilla and
>> askbot mostly, and for some time also other services):
> bugzilla and askbot have been restored.
> Unfortunately bugzilla's db had to be restored from backup, so not all
> comments/updates to bugs are reflected yet  (timeframe of ~11 hours
> between backup and begin of outage, around 80 updates) - they'll be
> restored from the mail notifications tomorrow.

thanks a lot for all your work on dealing with the issues - I know that
Guilhem was having very little sleep the night before already due to
maintenance and you just returned from vacation yesterday, so thanks a
lot to both of you!

When we're fully back in service, let's sit together and brainstorm
about the reasons and what we can do. There are several ideas on the
table - but let's discuss this after both of you had some sleep and the
last cleanup bits are done.

Thanks a lot!
Florian

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Today's infra outage

Hi Cloph,

Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> Update on that: This also had been done now, except for a handful
> issues that were created during the period (and where the id was
> snatched from another bug that was filed after bugzilla was restored)
> and that are being refiled right now.

thanks for the update and the work behind the scenes!

As a follow-up for the community, we have also discussed about some
first ideas what the cause of the problems are (i.e. why Gluster got out
of sync) and how to address that in the future. We'll send a follow-up
to the lists soon and also add it to the infra call's agenda.

Sorry for the inconveniences and thanks for everyone's patience!
Florian