Re: Turkish Linux Users Association mirrors LO

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: Turkish Linux Users Association mirrors LO

Hi Deniz,

Deniz Öğüt wrote (02-10-10 23:02)
> Hello Dear Friends,
>
> Turkish Linux Users Association (LKD) [1] publicly announced [2] that the
> Association is officially mirroring LibreOffice Beta.

Thanks for this great news - good to have you here :-)

Cor

--
  - free OpenOffice.org :: LibreOffice -

gericom gericom

LO deb repo

Hi all
Just to remid you that, Also all Debian, Ubuntu, Mint and other
deb-based Linux users can use this temporary repository, until
LibreOffice is included in main repos

1. Adding the repository:

sudo echo “deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice /
#gericom@hummer” | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list

2. Adding the signing key:

wget deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/gericom.asc -q -O- | sudo
apt-key add -

And finaly:

sudo apt-get update

--
Nikola Yanev

http://gericom.free.bg
http://www.gericom.wordpress.com
Linux, Mac OS X & PC installing---Software and Open Source support
EUROPE
Bulgaria
8001 Bourgas
57 "Macedonia" str. 1st floor, 2nd apartment
Mobile:+359885321589
---This mail was sent by Evolution---
http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/

Scott Furry Scott Furry

Re: LO deb repo

  On 02/10/10 08:14 PM, Nikola Yanev wrote:

> Hi all
> Just to remid you that, Also all Debian, Ubuntu, Mint and other
> deb-based Linux users can use this temporary repository, until
> LibreOffice is included in main repos
>
> 1. Adding the repository:
>
> sudo echo “deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice /
> #gericom@hummer” | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> 2. Adding the signing key:
>

> wget deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/gericom.asc -q -O- | sudo
> apt-key add -
>
> And finaly:
>

> sudo apt-get update
Nikola,
Excellent Work!

I found the following useful for Debian Squeeze(testing) XFCE:
1.(altered) add the line to /etc/apt/sources.list (remove quotes)
"deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice  / "
(note: observe spaces around last slash '/')

2. same as above
3. sudo apt-get install libreoffice3
installs libreoffice (meta package?) and picks up dependencies
[ note: listing of what was installed:
Get:1 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/
libreoffice-ure 1.7.0-7 [3,932kB]
Get:2 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/
lobasis3.3-core01 3.3.0-7 [7,135kB]
Get:3 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/
lobasis3.3-core02 3.3.0-7 [301kB]
Get:4 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/
lobasis3.3-core03 3.3.0-7 [7,080kB]
Get:5 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/
lobasis3.3-core04 3.3.0-7 [30.9MB]
Get:6 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/
lobasis3.3-core05 3.3.0-7 [17.4MB]
Get:7 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/
lobasis3.3-core06 3.3.0-7 [12.2MB]
Get:8 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/
lobasis3.3-core07 3.3.0-7 [3,804kB]
Get:9 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/
lobasis3.3-images 3.3.0-7 [16.4MB]
Get:10 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/  libreoffice3
3.3.0-7 [194kB]
]

However, the libreoffice3 package didn't install the debian-menus deb
archive.
I must be missing something about apt-get usage as I had to manually
downloaded the deb archive and perform a "dpkg -i [file].deb" on it.

And presto - libreoffice is in my menus under "Office" [Yeah!]

The only problem I found was when I started the base program I received
an error message about:
"...missing vcl resource. This indicates that files vital to
localization are missing. You might have a corrupt installation."

Any suggestions as to how I can convince apt to use "en-us" when my
computer is using "en-ca"? Or should I just download the available en-us
LibO deb files?

Regards,
Scott Furry

gericom gericom

Re: LO deb repo

About the localizations, i thin LO is only in en_us for now
and the other abt the repo, i think is kind of mail format that's why
there's a space at /
Thanx Once again :)

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Scott Furry <[hidden email]>wrot
e:

 /

>> #gericom@hummer” | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
>> 2. Adding the signing key:
>> wget deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/gericom.asc -q -O- | sudo
>> apt-key add -
>> And finaly:
>>
> sudo apt-get update
>>
> Nikola,
> Excellent Work!
>
> I found the following useful for Debian Squeeze(testing) XFCE:
> 1.(altered) add the line to /etc/apt/sources.list (remove quotes)
>
> "deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice  / "
> (note: observe spaces around last slash '/')
>
> 2. same as above
> 3. sudo apt-get install libreoffice3
> installs libreoffice (meta package?) and picks up dependencies
> [ note: listing of what was installed:
> Get:1 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/  libreoffice-ure
> 1.7.0-7 [3,932kB]
> Get:2 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/ lobasis3.3-core0
1 3.3.0-7 [7,135kB]
> Get:3 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/ lobasis3.3-core0
2 3.3.0-7 [301kB]
> Get:4 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/ lobasis3.3-core0
3 3.3.0-7 [7,080kB]
> Get:5 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/ lobasis3.3-core0
4 3.3.0-7 [30.9MB]
> Get:6 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/ lobasis3.3-core0
5 3.3.0-7 [17.4MB]
> Get:7 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/ lobasis3.3-core0
6 3.3.0-7 [12.2MB]
> Get:8 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/ lobasis3.3-core0
7 3.3.0-7 [3,804kB]
> Get:9 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/ lobasis3.3-image
s 3.3.0-7 [16.4MB]

> Get:10 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/  libreoffice3
> 3.3.0-7 [194kB]
> ]
>
> However, the libreoffice3 package didn't install the debian-menus deb
> archive.
> I must be missing something about apt-get usage as I had to manually
> downloaded the deb archive and perform a "dpkg -i [file].deb" on it.
>
> And presto - libreoffice is in my menus under "Office" [Yeah!]
>
> The only problem I found was when I started the base program I received a

> error message about:
> "...missing vcl resource. This indicates that files vital to localization
> are missing. You might have a corrupt installation."
>
> Any suggestions as to how I can convince apt to use "en-us" when my
> computer is using "en-ca"? Or should I just download the available en-us
> LibO deb files?
>
> Regards,
> Scott Furry

 <http://www.ubuntu.com/>

Nikola Yanev
http://www.gericom.free.bg
http://www.gericom.wordpress.com
Linux, Mac OS X & PC installing
Open Source Software support and translations
Part of Ubuntu Bulgarian Translators Team
EUROPE
Bulgaria
8001 Burgas
57 "Macedonia" str. 1st floor, 2nd apartment
Mobile:+359885321589
---This mail was sent from Ubuntu by Evolution---
http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/

Scott Furry Scott Furry

Re: LO deb repo

  On 03/10/10 03:42 AM, Nikola Yanev wrote:

> [...]
> s 3.3.0-7 [16.4MB]
>> Get:10 http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice/  libreoffice3
>> 3.3.0-7 [194kB]
>> ]
>>
>> However, the libreoffice3 package didn't install the debian-menus deb
>> archive.
>> I must be missing something about apt-get usage as I had to manually
>> downloaded the deb archive and perform a "dpkg -i [file].deb" on it.
>>
>> And presto - libreoffice is in my menus under "Office" [Yeah!]
>>
>> The only problem I found was when I started the base program I received an
>> error message about:
>> "...missing vcl resource. This indicates that files vital to localization
>> are missing. You might have a corrupt installation."
>>
>> Any suggestions as to how I can convince apt to use "en-us" when my
>> computer is using "en-ca"? Or should I just download the available en-us

Thanks Nikola.
I had seen the discussion thread in an earlier message about en-us only.
I was hoping that you might have an idea as to how to "encourage" apt to
install the en-us packages.

However, a search found a reference to the installation of OxygenOffice
(derivative of OpenOffice
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/ooop/wiki/Download ) where they show
apt-get commands.

To amend #3 above:
sudo apt-get install libreoffice3* lobasis3.3*
...will install "everything" including the extensions.

Using wildcard characters for install AFAIK is not recommended. However,
I was able to get the full LibreOffice installed and running. Opening
documents from OpenOffice3.2 worked without a hitch.

Thank you for your efforts!!
Regards,
Scott Furry

Scott Furry Scott Furry

Re: LO deb repo

  On 03/10/10 04:25 AM, Scott Furry wrote:
> To amend #3 above:
> sudo apt-get install libreoffice3* lobasis3.3*
> ...will install "everything" including the extensions.
>
> Using wildcard characters for install AFAIK is not recommended.
> However, I was able to get the full LibreOffice installed and running.
> Opening documents from OpenOffice3.2 worked without a hitch.
Just to amend my last...

sudo apt-get install libreoffice-debian-menus

will install the menu items for LibreOffice under the "Office" heading.
Cheers to all,
Scott Furry

gericom gericom

Re: LO deb repo

Thanx a lot for the info Scott,

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Scott Furry <[hidden email]>wrote
:

> [...]

>>> 3.3.0-7 [194kB]
>>> ]
>>>
>>> However, the libreoffice3 package didn't install the debian-menus deb
>>> archive.
>>> I must be missing something about apt-get usage as I had to manually
>>> downloaded the deb archive and perform a "dpkg -i [file].deb" on it.
>>>
>>> And presto - libreoffice is in my menus under "Office" [Yeah!]
>>>
>>> The only problem I found was when I started the base program I received
>>> an
>>> error message about:
>>> "...missing vcl resource. This indicates that files vital to localizati
on
>>> are missing. You might have a corrupt installation."
>>>
>>> Any suggestions as to how I can convince apt to use "en-us" when my
>>> computer is using "en-ca"? Or should I just download the available en-u

ocumentfoundation.org>

>>> All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot
>>> be
>>> deleted.
>>> List archives are available at
>>> http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
>>>

>>>  Thanks Nikola.
> I had seen the discussion thread in an earlier message about en-us only.
> I was hoping that you might have an idea as to how to "encourage" apt to
> install the en-us packages.
>
> However, a search found a reference to the installation of OxygenOffice
> (derivative of OpenOffice
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/ooop/wiki/Download ) where they show
> apt-get commands.
>
> To amend #3 above:
> sudo apt-get install libreoffice3* lobasis3.3*
> ...will install "everything" including the extensions.
>
> Using wildcard characters for install AFAIK is not recommended. However,

> was able to get the full LibreOffice installed and running. Opening
> documents from OpenOffice3.2 worked without a hitch.
>
> Thank you for your efforts!!
>
> Regards,
> Scott Furry

 <http://www.ubuntu.com/>

Nikola Yanev
http://www.gericom.free.bg
http://www.gericom.wordpress.com
Linux, Mac OS X & PC installing
Open Source Software support and translations
Part of Ubuntu Bulgarian Translators Team
EUROPE
Bulgaria
8001 Burgas
57 "Macedonia" str. 1st floor, 2nd apartment
Mobile:+359885321589
---This mail was sent from Ubuntu by Evolution---
http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/

davidnelson davidnelson

Re: LO deb repo

Hi, :-)

I installed LibreOffice 3.3 beta on Ubuntu 10.10. My language support
settings were set to en_ph and LibO would not load. I got the message:

"Missing vcl resource. This indicates that files vital to localisation
are missing. You might have a corrupt installation."

followed by:

"The program cannot be started. A general error occurred while
accessing your central configuration."

I changed my system-wide language to en and en_us but I'm still
getting the same result.

I have OOo 3.2 installed also (it's still working).

Anyone got any ideas?

David Nelson

Scott Furry Scott Furry

Re: LO deb repo

  On 06/10/10 09:59 PM, Traduction.BIZ wrote:

> Hi, :-)
>
> I installed LibreOffice 3.3 beta on Ubuntu 10.10. My language support
> settings were set to en_ph and LibO would not load. I got the message:
>
> "Missing vcl resource. This indicates that files vital to localisation
> are missing. You might have a corrupt installation."
>
> followed by:
>
> "The program cannot be started. A general error occurred while
> accessing your central configuration."
>
> I changed my system-wide language to en and en_us but I'm still
> getting the same result.
>
> I have OOo 3.2 installed also (it's still working).
>
> Anyone got any ideas?
>
> David Nelson
David,
You may not have got all the needed packages.
I got the same error message.

do a sudo apt-get install libreoffice3* lobasis3.3* libreoffice-debian-menus
...will install "everything" including the extensions.

Write back if you have issues.
Regards,
Scott Furry

davidnelson davidnelson

Re: LO deb repo

Hi Scott, :-)

Yes, you're right. I didn't have lobasis3.3 installed. It works fine
now, thanks. :-)

David Nelson