Re: [] Unit #127283524 (de)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
sophi sophi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [] Unit #127283524 (de)

Hi Thomas,
Le 22/04/2017 à 13:39, Thomas Hackert a écrit :

> Username: anonymous user Current URL: IP address: User-Agent:
>
> Unit:
> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/de/libo_ui/translate/sd/uiconfig/simpress/ui.po#unit=127283524
>
>  Source: Counter-clockwise
>
> Current translation:
>
> Your question or comment:
>
> Is it really written that way? I thought it should be written
> "counterclockwise" in American English (see e.g.
> http://www.dict.cc/?s=counterclockwise). My installed ding
> (electronic dictionary, see
> https://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~fri/ding/) shows "counter-clockwise"
> as a mathematical expression. Would someone be so kind to explain, in
> which context it is meant here, please?

The context seems to be the rotation menu in Impress or Draw, rotation
to be applied to an object. I transfer your mail to the design list,
because I don't know if the English writing is ok or not.
Cheers
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Release coordinator
The Document Foundation

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Thorsten Behrens Thorsten Behrens
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [] Unit #127283524 (de)

Sophie Gautier wrote:
> Le 22/04/2017 à 13:39, Thomas Hackert a écrit :
> > ... shows "counter-clockwise" as a mathematical expression. Would
> > someone be so kind to explain, in which context it is meant here,
> > please?
>
> The context seems to be the rotation menu in Impress or Draw, rotation
> to be applied to an object. I transfer your mail to the design list,
> because I don't know if the English writing is ok or not.
>
To be precise, it's part of the object animation effect dialogs -
offering which way to rotate a shape (and the amount, full, half-way
etc) during slideshow animations.

I find the hyphenated version slightly more accessible (it being
juxtaposed with clockwise one line down), also FWICT leo.org prefers
that spelling even for AmE.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Thomas Hackert Thomas Hackert
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [] Unit #127283524 (de)

In reply to this post by sophi
Good morning Sophie, *,
On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 04:00:14PM +0200, Sophie wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
> Le 22/04/2017 à 13:39, Thomas Hackert a écrit :
> > Username: anonymous user Current URL: IP address: User-Agent:
> >
> > Unit:
> > https://translations.documentfoundation.org/de/libo_ui/translate/sd/uiconfig/simpress/ui.po#unit=127283524
> >
> >  Source: Counter-clockwise
> >
> > Current translation:
> >
> > Your question or comment:
> >
> > Is it really written that way? I thought it should be written
> > "counterclockwise" in American English (see e.g.
> > http://www.dict.cc/?s=counterclockwise). My installed ding
> > (electronic dictionary, see
> > https://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~fri/ding/) shows "counter-clockwise"
> > as a mathematical expression. Would someone be so kind to explain, in
> > which context it is meant here, please?
>
> The context seems to be the rotation menu in Impress or Draw, rotation

O.K.

> to be applied to an object. I transfer your mail to the design list,
> because I don't know if the English writing is ok or not.

Thank you very much :)
Have a nice day
Thomas.

--
What color is a chameleon on a mirror?

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted