Re: Where to find a ZIP for LibrOffice package ?

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: Where to find a ZIP for LibrOffice package ?

Hi Berthajm,

berthajm wrote (03-03-11 17:33)

>    I used to install oOo with the zip package for Windows. I'm bored with
> programs which add entries everywhere in the system and in the registry, and
> avoid install EXE's when I can, they only obscure things. I like portable
> and simple ways to install things.
>
> It doesn't look like LibrOffice is providing a ZIP package on the download
> page, like OpenOffice.org does.

Never noticed the availability of such a package. However what you want,
simply can be achieved by parallel installation.
It works the same as explained here:
  http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Run_OOo_versions_parallel

kind regards,
Cor

Rainer Bielefeld-2 Rainer Bielefeld-2

berthajm schrieb:
> Hi there,
>
>    I used to install oOo with the zip package for Windows. I'm bored with
> programs which add entries everywhere in the system

Hi,

I believe this
<http://portableapps.com/de/apps/office/libreoffice_portable>
is what your need

CU

Rainer

Gordon Burgess-Parker Gordon Burgess-Parker

On 03/03/11 16:33, berthajm wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>    I used to install oOo with the zip package for Windows. I'm bored with
> programs which add entries everywhere in the system and in the registry,

Eh? How does adding entries in the Windows registry equate to BOREDOM?
What a stupid comment...

adept adept

On 3/4/11 6:36 AM, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

> On 03/03/11 16:33, berthajm wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>>    I used to install oOo with the zip package for Windows. I'm bored
>> with
>> programs which add entries everywhere in the system and in the registry,
>
> Eh? How does adding entries in the Windows registry equate to BOREDOM?
> What a stupid comment...

did you stop to consider that perhaps the choice of the word "bored"
could have been simply a matter of less than optimal language
translation? Perhaps berthajm meant "tired of programs which add entries
everywhere". I don't see this as being stupid and maybe your msg minus
*your* final comment would have been more professional.

kazar

avirbhav sprotte avirbhav sprotte

Re: Where to find a ZIP for LibrOffice package ?

You'll find it here:

http://de.libreoffice.org/download/

Have a nice day ;-))