Re: flat xml odf

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
peter.jentsch peter.jentsch
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: flat xml odf

Hi Jos,

I really only replaced the implementation of the flat format filter with a lightweight version the requires neither Java nor Xslt. I didn't  look at what the Odf specification says about flat XML, so I can't tell you inhowfar the exported XML conforms to the spec. But in principle, the whole XML filter infrastructure in LibO is internally based on some kind of flat XML structure, so there shouldn't be anything missing from the documents.

The conversion back and forth is only insofar easy to share with other applications as LibO provides an API to importing and exporting documents. The filters depend on the LibO XML filter infrastructure an cannot be used independently of that.

The changes I made are currently on their way to the "master" branch and might become available with LibO 3.4.

Does that answer your question?

Cheers,

Peter


Am 12.01.2011 um 09:15 schrieb Jos van den Oever <[hidden email]>:

> Hello Peter,
>
> I read that you de-java-ized the flat XML ODF export. Could you tell met what
> the status of flat xml import/export is in LibreOffice? I really like the choice
> for the flat format and would think it excellent if that can be added to other
> software as well. Is the conversion back and forth easy to share with other
> applications?
>
> Cheers,
> Jos
>
> --
> Jos van den Oever, software architect
> +49 391 25 19 15 53
> http://kogmbh.com/legal/
>

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Jos van den Oever Jos van den Oever
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: flat xml odf

On Thursday, January 13, 2011 09:33:49 am Peter Jentsch wrote:
> I really only replaced the implementation of the flat format filter with a
> lightweight version the requires neither Java nor Xslt. I didn't  look at
> what the Odf specification says about flat XML, so I can't tell you
> inhowfar the exported XML conforms to the spec. But in principle, the
> whole XML filter infrastructure in LibO is internally based on some kind
> of flat XML structure, so there shouldn't be anything missing from the
> documents.
I trust you validated the flat XML with the RNG from the specification. Do you
have a set of test documents in flat or zip format that you use for testing the
import and export of flat xml files?

> The conversion back and forth is only insofar easy to share with other
> applications as LibO provides an API to importing and exporting documents.
> The filters depend on the LibO XML filter infrastructure an cannot be used
> independently of that.
Ok, so the code is not modular enough to easily share. I was hoping for some
xslt files that might be shared.
>
> The changes I made are currently on their way to the "master" branch and
> might become available with LibO 3.4.
>
> Does that answer your question?
Yes, thanks for your reply.

Cheers,
Jos

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Michael Meeks Michael Meeks
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: flat xml odf


On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 10:08 +0100, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> I trust you validated the flat XML with the RNG from the specification.
> Do you have a set of test documents in flat or zip format that you use
> for testing the import and export of flat xml files?

        Nope; but really the contained XML is identical to what we whack into
the zip files, and binary streams are base64 encoded. The filter code
itself is very, very thin - there is rather limited scope to screw it
up :-)

> Ok, so the code is not modular enough to easily share. I was hoping
> for some xslt files that might be shared.

        Our XSLT hooks require flat-odf to work across the whole document
anyway, so by the time you can do anything in XSLT the work is done :-)

        But if you want to validate the output vs. the flat-xml RNG, it might
be interesting to see the results, though I don't expect problems.

        Thanks,

                Michael.

--
 [hidden email]  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot


_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Gioele Barabucci Gioele Barabucci
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: flat xml odf

Michael Meeks 13/01/2011 10:33:
> On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 10:08 +0100, Jos van den Oever wrote:
>> I trust you validated the flat XML with the RNG from the specification.
>> Do you have a set of test documents in flat or zip format that you use
>> for testing the import and export of flat xml files?
>
> Nope; but really the contained XML is identical to what we whack into
> the zip files, and binary streams are base64 encoded.

Well, not exactly identical:
<https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=31707>.

--
Gioele <[hidden email]>

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice