Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Kerala Legislative Assembly has moved to Free Software and Libreoffice

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Kerala Legislative Assembly has moved to Free Software and Libreoffice

Dear Nivar,

Thanks a lot, great news; do you happen to have a pointer about these
news in English?

Best,

Charles.

Le 17.07.2014 10:28, Anivar Aravind a écrit :

> The Kerala Legislative Assembly[1] (Kerala state , India) as of July
> 17,
> 2014 produces all its documentation, both printed and digital, on a
> Free
> Software platform using Libreoffice .  Hon. Speaker announced  in
> Legislative assembly yesterday . The point which makes this undertaking
> unique is the fact that the complete documentation at the Niyamasabha
> is
> done in Malayalam, a complex text indic scipt
>
> The migration process is implimented with the support of  Zyxware
> Technologies[2] in association with ICFOSS[3], a govt centre to promote
> foss  and Swathanthra Malayalam Computing(SMC)[4] , a FOSS developer
> community working on Indian Language support and localizations
>
> See below poster .
>
> https://www.facebook.com/SMC.Project/posts/751600641550557
>
> Some media reports about the same is published in vernacular language
> press
> and it is available here
>
> http://www.madhyamam.com/news/298250/140716
> http://www.eastcoastdaily.com/2014/07/16/free-software/
>
> The migration was in the light of Government of Kerala's recent order
> announced its intention to transition computers in the Departments,
> institutions and PSUs under it to Free and Open Source platforms, in
> the
> opportunity caused due to expiry of support period to Windows XP.  [5]
>
> International centre for free and open source software(ICFOSS) has
> brought
> out a Handbook last month to support the process of migration [6]
>
> Related Links
>
> [1] http://www.niyamasabha.org/
> [2] http://www.zyxware.com/
> [3] http://icfoss.in
> [4] http://smc.org.in
> [5] http://icfoss.in/G.O.109.pdf
> [6] http://icfoss.org/FS-Migration-Draft-Handbook.pdf
>

> ~ regards
>
> Anivar Aravind
> Secretary
> Swathanthra Malayalam Computing
> http://smc.org.in

Anivar Aravind Anivar Aravind

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Kerala Legislative Assembly has moved to Free Software and Libreoffice

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Charles-H. Schulz <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Nivar,

Hi I am anivar

> Thanks a lot, great news; do you happen to have a pointer about these news
> in English?

English Press is not carried the news yet. Hope some of them will carry it
soon. and people worked on this is planning a detail post on  challenges,
issues faced and outcomes . I hope i can share the link within next few
days .

~ regards
Anivar

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Nivar,
>
> Thanks a lot, great news; do you happen to have a pointer about these news
> in English?
>
> Best,
>
> Charles.
>
> Le 17.07.2014 10:28, Anivar Aravind a écrit :
>
>  The Kerala Legislative Assembly[1] (Kerala state , India) as of July 17,
>> 2014 produces all its documentation, both printed and digital, on a Free
>> Software platform using Libreoffice .  Hon. Speaker announced  in
>> Legislative assembly yesterday . The point which makes this undertaking
>> unique is the fact that the complete documentation at the Niyamasabha is
>> done in Malayalam, a complex text indic scipt
>>
>> The migration process is implimented with the support of  Zyxware
>> Technologies[2] in association with ICFOSS[3], a govt centre to promote
>> foss  and Swathanthra Malayalam Computing(SMC)[4] , a FOSS developer
>> community working on Indian Language support and localizations
>>
>> See below poster .
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/SMC.Project/posts/751600641550557
>>
>> Some media reports about the same is published in vernacular language
>> press
>> and it is available here
>>
>> http://www.madhyamam.com/news/298250/140716
>> http://www.eastcoastdaily.com/2014/07/16/free-software/
>>
>> The migration was in the light of Government of Kerala's recent order
>> announced its intention to transition computers in the Departments,
>> institutions and PSUs under it to Free and Open Source platforms, in the
>> opportunity caused due to expiry of support period to Windows XP.  [5]
>>
>> International centre for free and open source software(ICFOSS) has brought
>> out a Handbook last month to support the process of migration [6]
>>
>> Related Links
>>
>> [1] http://www.niyamasabha.org/
>> [2] http://www.zyxware.com/
>> [3] http://icfoss.in
>> [4] http://smc.org.in
>> [5] http://icfoss.in/G.O.109.pdf
>> [6] http://icfoss.org/FS-Migration-Draft-Handbook.pdf
>>

>> ~ regards
>>
>> Anivar Aravind
>> Secretary
>> Swathanthra Malayalam Computing
>> http://smc.org.in

krackedpress krackedpress

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Kerala Legislative Assembly has moved to Free Software and Libreoffice

Is there a wiki page list of all of these businesses or governments that
have switched over to LO and/or ODF?  If so, I would like to know where
it is so I could use it in my local "marketing" as proof that LO and ODF
is not a "fad" or some "odd ball" package that only a small group uses.
Showing whole States and/or Countries switching over, plus big
businesses doing the same, really can make local marketing helpful.

On 07/17/2014 04:37 AM, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:

> Dear Nivar,
>
> Thanks a lot, great news; do you happen to have a pointer about these
> news in English?
>
> Best,
>
> Charles.
>
> Le 17.07.2014 10:28, Anivar Aravind a écrit :
>> The Kerala Legislative Assembly[1] (Kerala state , India) as of July 17,
>> 2014 produces all its documentation, both printed and digital, on a Free
>> Software platform using Libreoffice .  Hon. Speaker announced in
>> Legislative assembly yesterday . The point which makes this undertaking
>> unique is the fact that the complete documentation at the Niyamasabha is
>> done in Malayalam, a complex text indic scipt
>>
>> The migration process is implimented with the support of Zyxware
>> Technologies[2] in association with ICFOSS[3], a govt centre to promote
>> foss  and Swathanthra Malayalam Computing(SMC)[4] , a FOSS developer
>> community working on Indian Language support and localizations
>>
>> See below poster .
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/SMC.Project/posts/751600641550557
>>
>> Some media reports about the same is published in vernacular language
>> press
>> and it is available here
>>
>> http://www.madhyamam.com/news/298250/140716
>> http://www.eastcoastdaily.com/2014/07/16/free-software/
>>
>> The migration was in the light of Government of Kerala's recent order
>> announced its intention to transition computers in the Departments,
>> institutions and PSUs under it to Free and Open Source platforms, in the
>> opportunity caused due to expiry of support period to Windows XP.  [5]
>>
>> International centre for free and open source software(ICFOSS) has
>> brought
>> out a Handbook last month to support the process of migration [6]
>>
>> Related Links
>>
>> [1] http://www.niyamasabha.org/
>> [2] http://www.zyxware.com/
>> [3] http://icfoss.in
>> [4] http://smc.org.in
>> [5] http://icfoss.in/G.O.109.pdf
>> [6] http://icfoss.org/FS-Migration-Draft-Handbook.pdf
>>

>> ~ regards
>>
>> Anivar Aravind
>> Secretary
>> Swathanthra Malayalam Computing
>> http://smc.org.in

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Kerala Legislative Assembly has moved to Free Software and Libreoffice

Indeed we lack a real one and must somehow integrate the existing OOo deployments that were migrated over to LibreOffice ( case in point: french gov, city of Munich, city of Leipzig...)

Best,

Charles.

On 17 juillet 2014 13:54:54 CEST, Kracked_P_P---webmaster <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>[5]
>>>
>>> International centre for free and open source software(ICFOSS) has
>>> brought
>>> out a Handbook last month to support the process of migration [6]
>>>
>>> Related Links
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.niyamasabha.org/
>>> [2] http://www.zyxware.com/
>>> [3] http://icfoss.in
>>> [4] http://smc.org.in
>>> [5] http://icfoss.in/G.O.109.pdf
>>> [6] http://icfoss.org/FS-Migration-Draft-Handbook.pdf
>>>

>>> ~ regards
>>>
>>> Anivar Aravind
>>> Secretary
>>> Swathanthra Malayalam Computing
>>> http://smc.org.in
>>

>--
>deleted

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Kerala Legislative Assembly has moved to Free Software and Libreoffice

I forgot to add the most important part: you are welcome to start this page of course :-)

> [...]

>[5]
>>>
>>> International centre for free and open source software(ICFOSS) has
>>> brought
>>> out a Handbook last month to support the process of migration [6]
>>>
>>> Related Links
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.niyamasabha.org/
>>> [2] http://www.zyxware.com/
>>> [3] http://icfoss.in
>>> [4] http://smc.org.in
>>> [5] http://icfoss.in/G.O.109.pdf
>>> [6] http://icfoss.org/FS-Migration-Draft-Handbook.pdf
>>>

>>> ~ regards
>>>
>>> Anivar Aravind
>>> Secretary
>>> Swathanthra Malayalam Computing
>>> http://smc.org.in
>>

>--
>deleted

Anivar Aravind Anivar Aravind

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Kerala Legislative Assembly has moved to Free Software and Libreoffice

Some news links in English from today's coverage

http://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/thiruvananthapuram/Software-Migration-ICFOSS-Hails-State-Govt/2014/07/18/article2335680.ece
http://freepressjournal.in/kerala-assembly-migrates-to-free-software-platform/
http://www.mathrubhumi.com/english/news/kerala/kerala-assembly-migrates-to-free-software-platform-149244.html
http://www.newswala.com/India-National-News/Kerala-assembly-migrates-to-free-software-platform-for-its-business-68287.html
http://www.bgr.in/news/kerala-assembly-migrates-to-free-software-platform/

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Anivar Aravind <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
>>> opportunity caused due to expiry of support period to Windows XP.  [5]
>>>
>>> International centre for free and open source software(ICFOSS) has
>>> brought
>>> out a Handbook last month to support the process of migration [6]
>>>
>>> Related Links
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.niyamasabha.org/
>>> [2] http://www.zyxware.com/
>>> [3] http://icfoss.in
>>> [4] http://smc.org.in
>>> [5] http://icfoss.in/G.O.109.pdf
>>> [6] http://icfoss.org/FS-Migration-Draft-Handbook.pdf
>>>

>>> ~ regards
>>>
>>> Anivar Aravind
>>> Secretary
>>> Swathanthra Malayalam Computing
>>> http://smc.org.in

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Kerala Legislative Assembly has moved to Free Software and Libreoffice

Thanks, just tweeted it!

Best,

Charles.

On 18 juillet 2014 06:59:43 CEST, Anivar Aravind <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Some news links in English from today's coverage
>
>http://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/thiruvananthapuram/Software-Migration-ICFOSS-Hails-State-Govt/2014/07/18/article2335680.ece
>http://freepressjournal.in/kerala-assembly-migrates-to-free-software-platform/
>http://www.mathrubhumi.com/english/news/kerala/kerala-assembly-migrates-to-free-software-platform-149244.html
>http://www.newswala.com/India-National-News/Kerala-assembly-migrates-to-free-software-platform-for-its-business-68287.html
>http://www.bgr.in/news/kerala-assembly-migrates-to-free-software-platform/
>

>On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Anivar Aravind
><[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Charles-H. Schulz <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Nivar,
>>>

>> Hi I am anivar
>>

>>> Thanks a lot, great news; do you happen to have a pointer about
>these
>>> news in English?
>>>

>> English Press is not carried the news yet. Hope some of them will
>carry it
>> soon. and people worked on this is planning a detail post on
>challenges,
>> issues faced and outcomes . I hope i can share the link within next
>few
>> days .
>>
>> ~ regards
>> Anivar
>>

>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Charles.
>>>
>>> Le 17.07.2014 10:28, Anivar Aravind a écrit :
>>>
>>>  The Kerala Legislative Assembly[1] (Kerala state , India) as of
>July 17,
>Free
>undertaking
>Niyamasabha is

>promote
>developer

>language

>order
>in the
>[5]

>> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Charles-H. Schulz <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Nivar,
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot, great news; do you happen to have a pointer about
>these
>>> news in English?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Charles.
>>>
>>> Le 17.07.2014 10:28, Anivar Aravind a écrit :
>>>
>>>  The Kerala Legislative Assembly[1] (Kerala state , India) as of
>July 17,
>Free
>undertaking
>Niyamasabha is

>promote
>developer

>language

>order
>in the
>[5]

>--
>deleted

marcpare4 marcpare4

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Kerala Legislative Assembly has moved to Free Software and Libreoffice

Anousak Souphavanh Anousak Souphavanh

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Kerala Legislative Assembly has moved to Free Software and Libreoffice

Well done and congrats for the efforrs you guys put in.

Anousak
Lao Open Source
On Jul 18, 2014 1:52 PM, "Charles-H. Schulz" <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, just tweeted it!
>
> Best,
>
> Charles.
>
> On 18 juillet 2014 06:59:43 CEST, Anivar Aravind <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >Some news links in English from today's coverage
> >

> http://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/thiruvananthapuram/Software-Migration-ICFOSS-Hails-State-Govt/2014/07/18/article2335680.ece
> >
> http://freepressjournal.in/kerala-assembly-migrates-to-free-software-platform/
> >
> http://www.mathrubhumi.com/english/news/kerala/kerala-assembly-migrates-to-free-software-platform-149244.html
> >
> http://www.newswala.com/India-National-News/Kerala-assembly-migrates-to-free-software-platform-for-its-business-68287.html
> >
> http://www.bgr.in/news/kerala-assembly-migrates-to-free-software-platform/
> >

> >On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Anivar Aravind
> ><[hidden email]>
> >wrote:

> >> Hi I am anivar

> >these
> >>>

> >> English Press is not carried the news yet. Hope some of them will
> >carry it
> >> soon. and people worked on this is planning a detail post on
> >challenges,
> >> issues faced and outcomes . I hope i can share the link within next
> >few
> >> days .
> >>
> >> ~ regards
> >> Anivar

> >July 17,
> >Free
> >undertaking
> >Niyamasabha is

> >promote
> >developer

> >language

> >order
> >in the
> >[5]

> >these

> >July 17,
> >Free
> >undertaking
> >Niyamasabha is

> >promote
> >developer

> >language

> >order
> >in the
> >[5]

> >--
> >All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> >deleted
>
> --
> Envoyé de mon téléphone avec Kaiten Mail. Excusez la brièveté.

Anivar Aravind Anivar Aravind

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Kerala Legislative Assembly has moved to Free Software and Libreoffice

A more detailed note by Zyxware is published on their Blog
http://www.zyxware.com/articles/4358/zyxware-helps-kerala-state-legislative-assembly-move-to-free-software

Anivar Aravind Anivar Aravind

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Kerala Legislative Assembly has moved to Free Software and Libreoffice

Best News report so far
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/news/states/kerala-legislature-announces-smooth-transition-to-free-software/article6224551.ece

use this for sharing /case studies

Urmas D. Urmas D.

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Kerala Legislative Assembly has moved to Free Software and Libreoffice

"Charles-H. Schulz":

> The migration process is implimented with the support of  Zyxware
> Technologies[2]

Another story of embezzling of funds veiled as 'free software migration.'
But officially it was enthusiasts working 12/24 for food.

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 8:37 PM, Urmas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> "Charles-H. Schulz":
>

>  The migration process is implimented with the support of  Zyxware
>> Technologies[2]
>>

> Another story of embezzling of funds veiled as 'free software migration.'
> But officially it was enthusiasts working 12/24 for food.

WTF?

We l10n people in india usually calls it as "Swathantra Software" (means
Libre/freedom Software) as reported in local language press. If you have
ambiguity with the word "free ". That is a problem in your understanding .
Please stop judging local contexts with mistaken understandings.

And In this part of the Glob we have all Govt and state aided Schools using
FOSS, Govt policies have specific mention about FOSS . Experiences like
this were state funds for an implementation partner to initiate migration .

~

mhenriday mhenriday

Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Kerala Legislative Assembly has moved to Free Software and Libreoffice

> Best News report so far
>
> http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/news/states/kerala-legislature-announces-smooth-transition-to-free-software/article6224551.ece
>
> use this for sharing /case studies
>

> On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Anivar Aravind <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > A more detailed note by Zyxware is published on their Blog
> >
> http://www.zyxware.com/articles/4358/zyxware-helps-kerala-state-legislative-assembly-move-to-free-software

​Wonderful news, Anivar ! Thanks for the heads-up !

Henri

Redon Skikuli Redon Skikuli

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Kerala Legislative Assembly has moved to Free Software and Libreoffice

Great news! Congrats to everyone that worked to make this happen.
I shared this with the minister of innovation of Albania as a case study
worth checking out (at least).

Best,

*---*

*Redon Skikuli*
*e-mail: **[hidden email] <[hidden email]>*
* web: **www.skikuli.com <http://www.skikuli.com>*