Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Websites in various languages that need updating

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Mike Saunders schrieb:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've gone through various language versions of our website, and made a
> list of those that are using the older design. If anyone would like to
> give us a hand and update them, we'd really appreciate it! That's a
> great way to help the project and spread the word.

Hi Mike,

I've been waiting for months that the new Donate page is enabled for
Upper Sorbian ("Darić") and Lower Sorbian ("Pósćiś").

Besides, there is an untranslatable string on the Donwload page:

"Key management software for the new OpenPGP feature (external site)"

This probably affects all languages.

Michael

Michael Bauer Michael Bauer

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Websites in various languages that need updating

Hi Mike

I don't want to move gd to the any new design. We're using the old
design deliberately because it allows custom content. We need the custom
content because in 2019, the install process for non-English LO remains
user-unfriendly. So we either make it clear to the end-user at the point
of download HOW they get the product to appear in Scots Gaelic (which we
do in the custom content) OR we end up with people either giving up in
private or sending endless support requests to our Gaelic IT support
service.

Until installation of the desired UI becomes simple, I don't see a way
around this.

Michael

Sgrìobh Mike Saunders na leanas 20/10/2019 aig 12:16:

--
*Akerbeltz <http://www.faclair.com/>*
Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon

*Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!*
Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting,
geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig www.iGàidhlig.net
<http://www.iGaidhlig.net/>

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Websites in various languages that need updating

Hi Michael,

On 20/10/2019 14:27, Michael Wolf wrote:

> I've been waiting for months that the new Donate page is enabled for
> Upper Sorbian ("Darić") and Lower Sorbian ("Pósćiś").

Thanks for letting us know -- I'm afraid I don't have the technical
know-how to implement it, but I'll ask the infra team...

Cheers,
Mike