Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Fedora Magazine article about LibreOffice

12 « Prev
Graham Luffrum Graham Luffrum

Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Fedora Magazine article about LibreOffice

Yes.  I've just installed 6.1.0.1 and I'll see how that works.

Graham

On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 at 16:51, Tom Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi :)
> Hopefully 'just' teething problems that will be ironed out fairly quickly,
> inshalla.
>
> Were you able to follow the route;
> Tools - Options - Advanced - Expert
> and then search for relevant options to get the main top menu back again?
> Regards from
> a Tom :)
>

> On 6 July 2018 at 15:43, Graham Luffrum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> This is all very well, but on my system (6.0.5.2 under Linux Mint 18.1)
>> the
>> settings icon does not work which means that I can get back to the default
>> only by changing the Notebooktoolbar settings.  Also the menubar is not
>> shown by default - again this requires changes to the Notebooktoolbar
>> settings.
>>
>> Graham
>>

>> On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 at 09:24, M Henri Day <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> small
>> 6.0.0.2

>> from

>> recheck
>> and

>> the
>> has a

>> user,
>> old

>> > ​<snip>
>> >
>> > Agree with Philip above about retaining the old toolbar layout - one
>> could,
>> > of course, learn the «ribbon»​, but why bother - especially when it is
>> more
>> > complicated to use and doesn't seem to provide any advantages. But I do
>> > think it's worthwhile experimenting with and it's easy to get back to
>> the
>> > default toolbar layout, så long as the menubar is shown (which it is by
>> > defautl ; if one doesn't see it in the ribbon view, click the settings
>> icon
>> > (the three horizontal lines) at the upper right and check the
>> alternative))
>> > just click there on View → Toolbar Layout and choose Default....
>> >
>> > Henri

Graham Luffrum Graham Luffrum

Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Fedora Magazine article about LibreOffice

I've had a quick look at 6.1.0.1 and the toolbars have changed and I can
get back to the "default" from every variant.  So maybe my problem with
6.0.5.2 is not worth pursuing.

Graham

mhenriday mhenriday

Den fre 6 juli 2018 kl 17:18 skrev Graham Luffrum <[hidden email]>:

> I've had a quick look at 6.1.0.1 and the toolbars have changed and I can
> get back to the "default" from every variant.  So maybe my problem with
> 6.0.5.2 is not worth pursuing.
>
> Graham
>

> On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 at 17:08, M Henri Day <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Den fre 6 juli 2018 kl 16:45 skrev Graham Luffrum <[hidden email]>:
> >
> >> This is all very well, but on my system (6.0.5.2 under Linux Mint 18.1)
> >> the
> >> settings icon does not work which means that I can get back to the
> default
> >> only by changing the Notebooktoolbar settings.  Also the menubar is not
> >> shown by default - again this requires changes to the Notebooktoolbar
> >> settings.
> >>
> >> Graham
> >>

> > ​<snip>​
> >
> > ​Odd. On my setup - *nota bene*, with Expert enabled - with the standard
> > layout enabled, I don't see the settings icon, but when i have the
> Notebook
> > layout enabled, the icon is visible and clicking it gives me the option
> > enable the menubar, from which I can then proceed to return to the
> standard
> > layout. We are both running LO 6.0.5.2 (in my case, the 64-bit version)
> on
> > Linux Mint, and I find it difficult to believe the fact that I'm using a
> > more recent version of LM (19.0) than you are or that my LO is the
> Swedish
> > edition can explain the differences we seem to experience. Perhaps a
> > developer could be enticed to weigh in ?...
> >

> > Henri​

​Thanks for reporting back, Graham ; if the issue has been resolved in
6.1.0, then I agree - there's not much reason to pursue it further. But
which layout did you prefer, the Notebook or the default ?...

Henri​

Graham Luffrum Graham Luffrum

Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Fedora Magazine article about LibreOffice

I have to say that I'm a traditionalist.  One reason I prefer LO to MS
Office is the toolbar layout.  With MS Office I wasted too much time trying
to find what I wanted.

Graham

On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 at 17:41, M Henri Day <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Den fre 6 juli 2018 kl 17:18 skrev Graham Luffrum <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I've had a quick look at 6.1.0.1 and the toolbars have changed and I can
>> get back to the "default" from every variant.  So maybe my problem with
>> 6.0.5.2 is not worth pursuing.
>>
>> Graham
>>

>> On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 at 17:08, M Henri Day <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Den fre 6 juli 2018 kl 16:45 skrev Graham Luffrum <[hidden email]
>> >:

>> default

>> > ​<snip>​
>> >
>> > ​Odd. On my setup - *nota bene*, with Expert enabled - with the standard
>> > layout enabled, I don't see the settings icon, but when i have the
>> Notebook
>> > layout enabled, the icon is visible and clicking it gives me the option
>> > enable the menubar, from which I can then proceed to return to the
>> standard
>> > layout. We are both running LO 6.0.5.2 (in my case, the 64-bit version)
>> on
>> > Linux Mint, and I find it difficult to believe the fact that I'm using a
>> > more recent version of LM (19.0) than you are or that my LO is the
>> Swedish
>> > edition can explain the differences we seem to experience. Perhaps a
>> > developer could be enticed to weigh in ?...
>> >

>> > Henri​
>

> ​Thanks for reporting back, Graham ; if the issue has been resolved in
> 6.1.0, then I agree - there's not much reason to pursue it further. But
> which layout did you prefer, the Notebook or the default ?...
>
> Henri​

12 « Prev