Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Sample documents showing off LibreOffice features

TomD TomD

Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Sample documents showing off LibreOffice features

Hi :)
From ages ago.  There was a call for anyone with a fancy document or
spreadsheet to show off through the marketing team.
Regards from
a Tom :)

On 8 December 2017 at 09:40, Mike Saunders <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to build up a collection of sample ODF documents that really
> show off the versatility of LibreOffice. This could be complex Writer
> documents, or spreadsheets doing awesome things, or smart-looking
> presentations.
>
> These would be useful for marketing (making screenshots and videos) and
> showing potential users what the suite is capable of.
>
> So I'm putting this call out for docs! If you have something you want to
> share, and are happy for it to be public and Creative Commons BY-SA,
> please email it to me. I'll then organise what I receive and set up a
> wiki page for them.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Mike Saunders, Marketing & PR
> The Document Foundation

krackedpress krackedpress

Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Sample documents showing off LibreOffice features

"Ages Ago" - that means several versions ago, like 3.6.x or 4.4.x maybe?

Since LibreOffice is now on the 6.0.x version, there must be a lot of
new abilities for rendering "complex" documents.  It would be nice to
have a new set of documents to show the current state on what
LibreOffice can do for our users.  I do not create complex documents, so
I do not know all the ways that you can make a good looking complex
document.  The most complex document I have done over the years, is to
create 6 column, with frames, per side of a tabloid [11 by 17 inch]
sheet of paper for a newsletter. I do not remember how to setup these
frames anymore.

So, if any one can make really great looking documents, newsletters,
editable calendars, etc., I think there should be a place to post them
so potential users can see what users can do. I know I would point to
that place to let local people know why LO is a very useful office suite.

TomD TomD

Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Sample documents showing off LibreOffice features

Hi :)
"Ages ago" apparently means early(ish) December 2017but i don't think it's
about a specific version of LO - I think they want examples of what is
currently being used by people.

Personally i do tend to use older versions but that could still be useful
to them  Sadly i just don't do anything flashy enough to be worth showing
off and is usually confidential anyway.  Boring and confidential is not an
ideal combination for showing things off!

I get the feeling that they could do with some 'new' things every 6 months
or so.  Prolly better to ask them before spending ages getting something
together - but if you happen to already have something that is easy to
sendthey       ht appreciate it.

Regards from
a Tom :)

Toki Toki

On 02/26/2018 08:18 PM, Tim-L wrote:

> "Ages Ago" - that means several versions ago, like 3.6.x or 4.4.x maybe?

As in December 2017.

> new abilities for rendering "complex" documents.

What do you consider to be a "complex document"?

A spreadsheet used as a one time pad password generator?

A spreadsheet that predicts earthquakes?
> have a new set of documents to show the current state on what LibreOffice can do for our users.

That sounds like a set of template (Word, Calc) for creating a world
which is used as a basis for either writing a novel, or creating an RPG
supplement.

Maybe a set of templates (Word, Calc) for project management, that read
data off of each other.

> I think there should be a place to post them so potential users can see what users can do.

In theory, that is one of the primary functions of
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/templates.

#####

FWIW, those templates are still alpha quality.

jonathon