Re: [tdf-discuss] LibO program icon brainstorming

Next » 12
bedipp bedipp

Re: [tdf-discuss] LibO program icon brainstorming

Hi Kami, all,

great to have you in our team!

Kálmán „KAMI” Szalai schrieb:

> Hi All,
>
> I do not know if there is any ongoing program icon redesign effort or
> the LibO will save the OpenOffice.org 3.1 styled icon.

We will have to create our own icons - transporting our branding to the
user's desktops.

It will have to be a concerted action for marketing and UX, so I moved
this mail to the marketing list. Please follow up there...

> I created a
> draft for new icons where I used the TDF emblem as base, and the
> color and symbols from OOo Icon.

I did the same, but used the LibreOffice colors (adding an ocher yellow
for Draw) and kept the OOo2.0 symbols, because I didn't have SVG
versions of the 3.1 icons at hand.

But it might be a starting point ...

I uploaded it to the wiki:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOffice_icons_draft.png

and added it as first item to the Branding Sandbox I just created:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=Marketing/Branding/Sandbox&action=submit

> It is nothing special, just my
> brainstorming idea to start discussion about this topic. SVG files
> are attached.

As attachments are stripped off by the mail-server, please upload the
files to the wiki.

Best regards

Bernhard

jonathon-2 jonathon-2

On 10/22/2010 10:05 PM, Bernhard Dippold wrote:

> I did the same, but used the LibreOffice colors (adding an ocher yellow for Draw)

Which brings up the colour palette.  Has the Libre Colour Palette (or
whatever it was called) been added to the standard palette for LibO?

I have it on my system, but that is because I added it to my custom palette.

jonathon
--
No human will see non-list, non-bulk, non-junk email sent to this address.
It all gets forwarded to /dev/null

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

LibO Branding Colors (was: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [tdf-discuss] LibO program icon brainstorming)

Hi Jonathon!

Am Freitag, den 22.10.2010, 22:19 +0000 schrieb jonathon:
> > I did the same, but used the LibreOffice colors (adding an ocher
> yellow for Draw)
>
> Which brings up the colour palette.  Has the Libre Colour Palette (or
> whatever it was called) been added to the standard palette for LibO?
>
> I have it on my system, but that is because I added it to my custom
> palette.

Oh, nice question - I didn't even think about it :-) At the moment it is
meant to be the "LibreOffice branding" color palette. So it focuses on
some few branding related colors. It is not meant to replace the normal
color palettes in LibO ... but as I said, I didn't even think about it.
Once the colors are stable and proven, we might add it as an additional
palette. Nice idea!

Cheers,
Christoph

sophi sophi

Re: LibO Branding Colors (was: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [tdf-discuss] LibO program icon brainstorming)

Hi Christoph

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 1:07 AM, Christoph Noack <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jonathon!
>
> Am Freitag, den 22.10.2010, 22:19 +0000 schrieb jonathon:
>> > I did the same, but used the LibreOffice colors (adding an ocher
>> yellow for Draw)
>>
>> Which brings up the colour palette.  Has the Libre Colour Palette (or
>> whatever it was called) been added to the standard palette for LibO?
>>
>> I have it on my system, but that is because I added it to my custom
>> palette.
>
> Oh, nice question - I didn't even think about it :-) At the moment it is
> meant to be the "LibreOffice branding" color palette. So it focuses on
> some few branding related colors. It is not meant to replace the normal
> color palettes in LibO ... but as I said, I didn't even think about it.
> Once the colors are stable and proven, we might add it as an additional
> palette. Nice idea!

I've to check with Cédric but I think it was his idea to add them to
the palette.

Kind regards
Sophie

bedipp bedipp

Re: [tdf-discuss] LibO program icon brainstorming

Hi Christoph, all

Christoph Noack schrieb:
> Hi Bernhard!
>
> Am Samstag, den 23.10.2010, 00:05 +0200 schrieb Bernhard Dippold:
>> and added it as first item to the Branding Sandbox I just created:
>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=Marketing/Branding/Sandbox&action=submit

Sorry - Sending didn't work properly, so the icon draft wasn't included
in this page.

So I added it to the place you suggested:

> Thanks for creating it, but I have been a bit faster ;-) I've created
> the sub-page "ideas" for all kinds of marketing items. And, personally,
> I don't like the term "Sandbox" that much. Here is the page:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Ideas

at the bottom:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Ideas#First_Draft_Bernhard

> So what to do, merge? And then it seems a good idea to announce this on
> the Marketing list - but I won't be able to do so (today)

I sent the first mail to the Marketing List too, so I do with this one -
follow-ups there if possible...

> And by the way: I also included "yellow color idea" and updated the
> proposal which is based on your proposal ...

Saw it - but didn't have the time to post a message requesting
integration in the official LibreOffice color palette...

I think this color will fit well and allow us to come back to the
sub-application colors I already used for the mimetype icon draft [1]
and an idea for a LibO-Box (DVD) [2].

Best regards

Bernhard

[1]: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Ideas#First_Draft_Bernhard
[2]: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibOBox_label.png

Ivan M. Ivan M.

Re: [tdf-discuss] LibO program icon brainstorming

Hi Bernhard, all,

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Bernhard Dippold
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Christoph, all
>[...]
>> And by the way: I also included "yellow color idea" and updated the
>> proposal which is based on your proposal ...

Some of the colors that have been chosen are quite difficult to work
with design-wise, especially the flourescent greens.

> Saw it - but didn't have the time to post a message requesting integration
> in the official LibreOffice color palette...
>
> I think this color will fit well and allow us to come back to the
> sub-application colors I already used for the mimetype icon draft [1] and an
> idea for a LibO-Box (DVD) [2].

I couldn't resist the topic of colors and icons. Mirek's post
regarding the Elementary (MS)office mimetypes is spot on - they really
are fantastic and they make great use of color (which, as we know from
past experience, is important :)) [1]. So, I tried creating something
along those lines with the current LibreOffice colors and the results
are far too saturated [2]. Desaturating and darkening the colors might
help a little (see the second set of icons), but I still think better
colors could be chosen. Of course, the design itself needs more work,
but I think the main idea is there :)

Regards,
Ivan.

[1] http://clickortap.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/the-best-office-icons-i-know/
[2] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Ideas#First_Draft_Ivan

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Re: [tdf-discuss] LibO program icon brainstorming

Hi Ivan, Bernhard,

I just saw your mails ... and I really miss the time to highlight them
properly. But at least, an answer ;-)

Am Montag, den 25.10.2010, 23:20 +1300 schrieb Ivan M.:
> So, I tried creating something
> along those lines with the current LibreOffice colors and the results
> are far too saturated [2].

Well, that depends on what we want to communicate. "LibreOffice - so
cool, it even glows in the dark" ;-)))

> Desaturating and darkening the colors might
> help a little (see the second set of icons), but I still think better
> colors could be chosen. Of course, the design itself needs more work,
> but I think the main idea is there :)

Personally, I think we should stick with the LibreGreen 1 at the moment,
but if you have something in mind to improve the remaining colors,
please don't hesitate to suggest them (especially the lighter colors
need some iteration). There is already a lot of material that has been
created, so the earlier, the better.

Or, we may just "plan" a revision of the marketing material in a few
weeks/months ... but this doesn't make people too happy, who already
rely on the colors (e.g. costly printed stuff).

Ivan, good to have you back! :-)

Related to that, I just published a blog posting concerning some
presentation material. Comments appreciated...
http://luxate.blogspot.com/2010/10/libreoffice-presentation-template-first.html

Cheers,
Christoph

marcpare4 marcpare4

Le 2010-10-25 17:43, Christoph Noack a écrit :

> Personally, I think we should stick with the LibreGreen 1 at the moment,
> but if you have something in mind to improve the remaining colors,
> please don't hesitate to suggest them (especially the lighter colors
> need some iteration). There is already a lot of material that has been
> created, so the earlier, the better.
> Cheers,
> Christoph

I actually like the LibO green. It is refreshing and NOT blue. I know
that blue is usually picked for its psychological feeling of calmness,
but the LibO green is a nice departure of this.

Marc

Ivan M. Ivan M.

Re: [tdf-discuss] LibO program icon brainstorming

Hi Marc, Christoph, all,

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Marc Paré <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]
>
> I actually like the LibO green. It is refreshing and NOT blue. I know that
> blue is usually picked for its psychological feeling of calmness, but the
> LibO green is a nice departure of this.

+1 - it's a good choice. That said, some of the main color variations
(mainly the greens [1]) are IMO potentially going to be difficult to
work with... and since the colors at [1] already correspond to
application colors: blue for writer, green for calc, etc, it'd be nice
to get that continuity in the color pallet (though that might make
people think that Calc is the main program in the office suite :P).

Regards,
Ivan.

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Color_Table

marcpare4 marcpare4

Le 2010-10-25 20:14, Ivan M. a écrit :

> Hi Marc, Christoph, all,
>
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Marc Paré<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> I actually like the LibO green. It is refreshing and NOT blue. I know that
>> blue is usually picked for its psychological feeling of calmness, but the
>> LibO green is a nice departure of this.
>
> +1 - it's a good choice. That said, some of the main color variations
> (mainly the greens [1]) are IMO potentially going to be difficult to
> work with... and since the colors at [1] already correspond to
> application colors: blue for writer, green for calc, etc, it'd be nice
> to get that continuity in the color pallet (though that might make
> people think that Calc is the main program in the office suite :P).
>
> Regards,
> Ivan.
>
> [1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Color_Table

We can always play the "It's a new office suite" card on that one. I
think people would understand if the colour scheme is different than OOo.

Marc

bedipp bedipp

Re: [tdf-discuss] LibO program icon brainstorming

Hi Ivan, Marc, all,

Ivan M. schrieb:

> Hi Marc, Christoph, all,
>
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Marc Paré<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> I actually like the LibO green. It is refreshing and NOT blue. I know that
>> blue is usually picked for its psychological feeling of calmness, but the
>> LibO green is a nice departure of this.
>
> +1 - it's a good choice. That said, some of the main color variations
> (mainly the greens [1]) are IMO potentially going to be difficult to
> work with...

Could you provide better color tones for the lighter greens (and
others?). Even if it would be possible to change them later too, the
sooner the better for everybody using these colors for her/his artwork
and design.

> and since the colors at [1] already correspond to
> application colors: blue for writer, green for calc, etc, it'd be nice
> to get that continuity in the color pallet (though that might make
> people think that Calc is the main program in the office suite :P).

That has been the main reason to propose to add the Yellow (now included
in the color table). I think LibreYellow1 is too brownish and therefore
too near to LibreMarron1, that's why I used LibreYellow2 as Draw color.

BTW: I don't think that having one sub-application in the main color is
a real problem - having three different blue tones in OOo (logo color,
main icon and writer) caused some problems there...

Best regards

Bernhard

> [1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Color_Table

PS: There is another icon proposal at the wiki:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Ideas#proposal3
Does anybody know who is Clio, its designer ?
(http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Clio)

Kálmán „KAMI” Szalai Kálmán „KAMI” Szalai

Re: [tdf-discuss] LibO program icon brainstorming

Hi!

I posted my proposal. This was that I attached to my mail, and started
the discussion. That is why I am not using the specified colors but a
color from the original OOo icons.

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Ideas#First_draft_of_Program_Icons_by_Kami

KAMI

> Hi Ivan, Marc, all,
>
> Ivan M. schrieb:
>> Hi Marc, Christoph, all,
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Marc Paré<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> I actually like the LibO green. It is refreshing and NOT blue. I
>>> know that
>>> blue is usually picked for its psychological feeling of calmness,
>>> but the
>>> LibO green is a nice departure of this.
>>
>> +1 - it's a good choice. That said, some of the main color variations
>> (mainly the greens [1]) are IMO potentially going to be difficult to
>> work with...
>
> Could you provide better color tones for the lighter greens (and
> others?). Even if it would be possible to change them later too, the
> sooner the better for everybody using these colors for her/his artwork
> and design.
>
>> and since the colors at [1] already correspond to
>> application colors: blue for writer, green for calc, etc, it'd be nice
>> to get that continuity in the color pallet (though that might make
>> people think that Calc is the main program in the office suite :P).
>
> That has been the main reason to propose to add the Yellow (now
> included in the color table). I think LibreYellow1 is too brownish and
> therefore too near to LibreMarron1, that's why I used LibreYellow2 as
> Draw color.
>
> BTW: I don't think that having one sub-application in the main color
> is a real problem - having three different blue tones in OOo (logo
> color, main icon and writer) caused some problems there...
>
> Best regards
>
> Bernhard
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Color_Table
>>
> PS: There is another icon proposal at the wiki:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Ideas#proposal3
> Does anybody know who is Clio, its designer ?
> (http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Clio)

--

KAMI911Best regards,

Kálmán „KAMI” Szalai | 神 | kami911 [at] gmail [dot] com

My favorite projects:

OxygenOffice Professional <http://ooop.sf.net/> - office suite - for everybody | Magyarul <http://hun.sf.net/> - In Hungarian

Blog <http://bit.ly/10ucTR> | Support <http://bit.ly/eYZO6>

Follow me <http://bit.ly/gJuJZ>, if you can <http://bit.ly/kDocB>

Ivan M. Ivan M.

Re: [tdf-discuss] LibO program icon brainstorming

Hi Bernhard, all,

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Bernhard Dippold
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Could you provide better color tones for the lighter greens (and others?).
> Even if it would be possible to change them later too, the sooner the better
> for everybody using these colors for her/his artwork and design.

I have uploaded a second (high resolution) draft showing a possible
color scheme [1]. The current LibreOffice green is the same. My
suggestion is to have one 'off' color for each set to add some flavor.
So, for green, there's lime, for blue it's something light headed
toward aqua, for maroon it's pink... whether it works or not is for
you all to decide :)

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOffice_Mimetype_Icon_Draft2_Ivan.png

The Impress mimetype symbol needs consideration (you had a rounded
rectangle), as well as what to with detail when the icons get larger
(more detail would be nice, and that's the case with the new OOo
mimetype icons... but I don't have the time to work on it now). The
symbols are an important part in the icon design and probably another
discussion in themselves.

>> and since the colors at [1] already correspond to
>> application colors: blue for writer, green for calc, etc, it'd be nice
>> to get that continuity in the color pallet (though that might make
>> people think that Calc is the main program in the office suite :P).
>
> That has been the main reason to propose to add the Yellow (now included in
> the color table). I think LibreYellow1 is too brownish and therefore too
> near to LibreMarron1, that's why I used LibreYellow2 as Draw color.
>
> BTW: I don't think that having one sub-application in the main color is a
> real problem - having three different blue tones in OOo (logo color, main
> icon and writer) caused some problems there...

I agree, I just thought it was interesting :)

Regards,
Ivan.

IndianArt IndianArt

Re: [tdf-discuss] LibO program icon brainstorming

Really Nice Ivan,

Love the colors.

Regards,
Paul

Hi Bernhard, all,On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Bernhard
Dippold<[hidden email]> wrote:> [...]>> Could you provide
better color tones for the lighter greens (and others?).> Even if it
would be possible to change them later too, the sooner the better> for
everybody using these colors for her/his artwork and design.I have
uploaded a second (high resolution) draft showing a possiblecolor
scheme [1]. The current LibreOffice green is the same. Mysuggestion is
to have one 'off' color for each set to add some flavor.So, for green,
there's lime, for blue it's something light headedtoward aqua, for
maroon it's pink... whether it works or not is foryou all to decide
:)[1]
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOffice_Mimetype_Icon_Draft2_Ivan.pngThe
Impress mimetype symbol needs consideration (you had a
roundedrectangle), as well as what to with detail when the icons get
larger(more detail would be nice, and that's the case with the new
OOomimetype icons... but I don't have the time to work on it now).
Thesymbols are an important part in the icon design and probably
anotherdiscussion in themselves.>> and since the colors at [1] already
correspond to>> application colors: blue for writer, green for calc,
etc, it'd be nice>> to get that continuity in the color pallet (though
that might make>> people think that Calc is the main program in the
office suite :P).>> That has been the main reason to propose to add the
Yellow (now included in> the color table). I think LibreYellow1 is too
brownish and therefore too> near to LibreMarron1, that's why I used
LibreYellow2 as Draw color.>> BTW: I don't think that having one
sub-application in the main color is a> real problem - having three
different blue tones in OOo (logo color, main> icon and writer) caused
some problems there...I agree, I just thought it was interesting
:)Regards,Ivan.-- E-mail to [hidden email] for
instructions on how to unsubscribeList archives are available at
http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/marketing/All messages you send to
this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Branding Color Refinement Step 1 of n (was: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [tdf-discuss] LibO program icon brainstorming)

Hi Ivan!

Am Freitag, den 29.10.2010, 17:19 +1300 schrieb Ivan M.:

> > Could you provide better color tones for the lighter greens (and
> others?).
> > Even if it would be possible to change them later too, the sooner
> the better
> > for everybody using these colors for her/his artwork and design.
>
> I have uploaded a second (high resolution) draft showing a possible
> color scheme [1]. The current LibreOffice green is the same. My
> suggestion is to have one 'off' color for each set to add some flavor.
> So, for green, there's lime, for blue it's something light headed
> toward aqua, for maroon it's pink... whether it works or not is for
> you all to decide :)

Well, it seems that I accidentally skipped this paragraph for the first
time. Then I'd like to say "sorry" for the weird questions last time :-\

However, I picked your file and made up a slightly different version of
the branding colors. Less vivid (a.k.a. "acid" *g*) ... so please have a
look at:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Ideas#Refined_LibreOffice_Branding_Colors

I know that it is still a bit conservative (without your "off" colors
which might be re-added), but might that work? I would like to finalize
this discussion (as a rather agreed branding color version 1.0) before
we release the presentation template ... soon :-)

Any other opinions, agreement, disagreement, comments, ... ?

Cheers,
Christoph

Jens Habermann Jens Habermann

Re: Branding Color Refinement Step 1 of n (was: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [tdf-discuss] LibO program icon brainstorming)

Hi!

> I know that it is still a bit conservative (without your "off" colors
> which might be re-added), but might that work? I would like to finalize
> this discussion (as a rather agreed branding color version 1.0) before
> we release the presentation template ... soon :-)
>
> Any other opinions, agreement, disagreement, comments, ... ?

Colors are fine, but maybe we also should add a grey row with four greyshades...

Greets
Jens

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Re: Branding Color Refinement Step 1 of n (was: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [tdf-discuss] LibO program icon brainstorming)

Hi Jens!

Am Montag, den 01.11.2010, 23:22 +0100 schrieb Jens Habermann:

[Refined color proposal]

> > Any other opinions, agreement, disagreement, comments, ... ?
>
> Colors are fine, but maybe we also should add a grey row with four greyshades...

Oh, good point! I just wanted to start my answer with a "but", but you
are right - there is no information in our wiki. Shades of gray (some
more than four, because it worked well that way) are already contained
in the palette files for Inkscape/The Gimp/LibO. I really forgot to
mention that :-)

Here, I just wanted to discuss the colored accent colors, because any
shade of gray is fine (of course). So my proposal: Keep the shades of
gray in the palette files and add the "any gray is fine (white ...
black)" item to the branding page. Okay? If yes, then I add it to ...

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Color_Table

Thanks!

Cheers,
Christoph

Ivan M. Ivan M.

Re: Branding Color Refinement Step 1 of n (was: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [tdf-discuss] LibO program icon brainstorming)

Hi Jens, Christoph, all,

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Jens Habermann
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>[...]
>
> Colors are fine, but maybe we also should add a grey row with four greyshades...

That's a good point. Graham's email reply to this (earlier) topic
suggested a somewhat lighter gray for the LibreOffice logo [1] (a bit
too light for my liking). I also remember one of the things a few of
us asked for in the new OOo logo was a dark grey color instead of
black, so I'm surprised that the LibreOffice logo is #000000... any
chance of changing this as well?

Regards,
Ivan.

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOfficeLogoMod_yo.png

drewjensen drewjensen

On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 23:36 +0100, Christoph Noack wrote:

> Hi Jens!
>
> Am Montag, den 01.11.2010, 23:22 +0100 schrieb Jens Habermann:
>
> [Refined color proposal]
>
> > > Any other opinions, agreement, disagreement, comments, ... ?
> >
> > Colors are fine, but maybe we also should add a grey row with four greyshades...
>
> Oh, good point! I just wanted to start my answer with a "but", but you
> are right - there is no information in our wiki. Shades of gray (some
> more than four, because it worked well that way) are already contained
> in the palette files for Inkscape/The Gimp/LibO. I really forgot to
> mention that :-)
>
> Here, I just wanted to discuss the colored accent colors, because any
> shade of gray is fine (of course). So my proposal: Keep the shades of
> gray in the palette files and add the "any gray is fine (white ...
> black)" item to the branding page. Okay? If yes, then I add it to ...
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Color_Table
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
> Christoph

Hi chris,

I updated this page:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Ideas#Refined_LibreOffice_Branding_Colors

With another idea for the colors - a mix of the two ideas so far.

drew

Document Foundation Mail Archives
Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Re: Branding Color Refinement Step 1 of n (was: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [tdf-discuss] LibO program icon brainstorming)

Hi all!

Am Dienstag, den 02.11.2010, 11:50 +1300 schrieb Ivan M.:

> Hi Jens, Christoph, all,
>
> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Jens Habermann
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >[...]
> >
> > Colors are fine, but maybe we also should add a grey row with four greyshades...
>
> That's a good point. Graham's email reply to this (earlier) topic
> suggested a somewhat lighter gray for the LibreOffice logo [1] (a bit
> too light for my liking). I also remember one of the things a few of
> us asked for in the new OOo logo was a dark grey color instead of
> black, so I'm surprised that the LibreOffice logo is #000000... any
> chance of changing this as well?

No surprises :-) I also asked for a lighter version of the OOo logo
beginning of last year. The rationale was, that the "bold" plus "black"
font was much to heavy in my personal opinion. So we asked for either
making it "normal", or to reduce the the intensity of the color a bit.

My attempt with the current LibO design was:
     1. Create a basic logo with simple and solid colors that appears to
        be balanced (current LibreOffice logo). The current logo doesn't
        use "bold" for the "Office" part. --> We can easily use these
        colors for T-Shirts, banners or leaflets. Most importantly, it
        can be used as a basis for further "official" modifications.
     2. Modify the logo to suit contemporary needs --> Can be adapted to
        fit the a certain version (range) of LibO and therefore a
        certain style. An example can be seen in [1a] - it is currently
        part of the LibO Presentation Template proposal, but it might
        even be lighter / 3D-ish.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to publish the newest SVG source
file :-( Sorry! But, does this make sense for at all?

[1a]
http://luxate.blogspot.com/2010/10/libreoffice-presentation-template-first.html

Cheers (or: good night),
Christoph