Recent Documents list

Next » 12
Caesar Caesar

Recent Documents list

Hello all,

Re: LO 3.6.4 on Windows XP

In both Writer and Calc if one clicks on
  File - Recent Documents
they are presented with a list of up to ten of the most recently
accessed documents.  Is there anyway to increase that number to
greater than ten?

Thanks

Brian Barker Brian Barker

Re: Recent Documents list

At 15:36 14/01/2013 -0600, Caesar Noname wrote:
>Re: LO 3.6.4 on Windows XP
>
>In both Writer and Calc if one clicks on
>   File - Recent Documents
>they are presented with a list of up to ten of the most recently
>accessed documents.  Is there anyway to increase that number to
>greater than ten?

Not that I know of.  But there is something of a workaround:
o Click the down-arrow at the right end of the Standard toolbar.
o Click Visible Buttons > | Load URL.

The new toolbar element creates a potentially longer list of recent
documents.  You will have to set this up separately for Writer, Calc,
and so on.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

rjh rjh

Re: Did you get my Hyperlink message?

Hi

Not sure if anyone got this message could you please reply..

I am really stuck with this. thanks

Hi LibreOffice 3.5.6.2 Build ID: e0fbe70-dcba98b-297ab39-994e618-0f858f0

We have been using Libre spreadsheet and Excel for 3 years now and all
of a sudden when you create a hyperlink it auto copies into the
destination sheet of the hyperlink.

If you create a hyprelink in sheet 3 pointing to destination sheet 1 it
removes the hyperlink entry in sheet 3 and places the hpyerlink in sheet 1.

Example: Sheet one is called STUDENT NAME in box A1 you type the word
Student name. Now create new sheet named ALex. Create a hyperlink in
Alex sheet, A1 to link back to destination sheet Student name. In the
past this has worked fine but now once you save/ click on the hyperlink
it overwrites the name on student sheet AI to Alex removing the
hyperlink you have just created in Alex and placing it in A1 Student name.

It is almost like its the opposite of what we use to do. SUMMARY>
Hyperlink copies itself into the destination and deletes itself from the
origin sheet

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Caesar Caesar

Re: Recent Documents list

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 22:15:27 +0000, Brian Barker wrote Re Re:
[libreoffice-users] Recent Documents list:

>At 15:36 14/01/2013 -0600, Caesar Noname wrote:
>>Re: LO 3.6.4 on Windows XP
>>
>>In both Writer and Calc if one clicks on
>>   File - Recent Documents
>>they are presented with a list of up to ten of the most recently
>>accessed documents.  Is there anyway to increase that number to
>>greater than ten?
>
>Not that I know of.  But there is something of a workaround:
>o Click the down-arrow at the right end of the Standard toolbar.
>o Click Visible Buttons > | Load URL.
>
>The new toolbar element creates a potentially longer list of recent
>documents.  You will have to set this up separately for Writer, Calc,
>and so on.

Well, that's very interesting!  I certainly never would have thought
of or found that!!  Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards.

Dan Lewis Dan Lewis

Re: Recent Documents list

On 01/14/2013 04:36 PM, Caesar wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Re: LO 3.6.4 on Windows XP
>
> In both Writer and Calc if one clicks on
>    File - Recent Documents
> they are presented with a list of up to ten of the most recently
> accessed documents.  Is there anyway to increase that number to
> greater than ten?
>
> Thanks
      Several years ago, people were complaining about this problem on
the OpenOffice.org user mailing list. An extension was created to solve
this problem called History Manager. Version 2.1 of this extension is
available Apache OpenOffice web site:

http://extensions.openoffice.org/?lang=en-US. Search for History Manager.

      It is suppose to work on AOO and LO.

--Dan

Mirosław Zalewski Mirosław Zalewski

Re: Recent Documents list

On 14/01/2013 at 22:36, Caesar <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Is there anyway to increase that number to
> greater than ten?

Yes there is.

1. Close LibreOffice.
2. Go to your LibreOffice profile (%APPDATA%\LibreOffice\3\user\ in Windows,
~/.config/libreoffice/3/user/ on Linux)
3. Open file registrymodifications.xcu
4. Find item
<item oor:path="/org.openoffice.Office.Common/History">
It should have property:
<prop oor:name="PickListSize" oor:op="fuse">
which value is 10. Just change it to any number you like.
5. Save changes, open LibreOffice again.
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski

anne-ology anne-ology

Re: Did you get my Hyperlink message?

       yes, I saw/see your message;
           no, I have no clue as to what you're asking;
       I wish you luck in finding whatever you're seeking to do.

rjh rjh

Re: Did you get my Hyperlink message?

Hi

I made a video as it was easier to explain.

http://youtu.be/T3XH5AO2jws

thanks

Dan Lewis Dan Lewis

On 01/15/2013 08:58 PM, rjh wrote:
> Hi
>
> I made a video as it was easier to explain.
>
> http://youtu.be/T3XH5AO2jws
>
> thanks
      Big problem: This is what I get when I clicked your link.

  This video is private.

If the owner of this video has granted you access, please log in
<https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?hl=en_US&service=youtube&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fsignin%3Faction_handle_signin%3Dtrue%26feature%3Dprivate_video%26hl%3Den_US%26next%3D%252Fwatch%253Fv%253DT3XH5AO2jws%2526feature%253Dyoutu.be%26nomobiletemp%3D1&passive=true&uilel=3>

      Without knowing what the correct log in is, it is impossible to
look at your video.

--Dan

rjh rjh

Re: Did you get my Hyperlink message?

sorry everyone I have made it public now :-)
http://youtu.be/T3XH5AO2jws

nabbler nabbler

Re: Recent Documents list

On 15/01/2013, Brian Barker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> At 15:36 14/01/2013 -0600, Caesar Noname wrote:
>>Re: LO 3.6.4 on Windows XP
>>
>>In both Writer and Calc if one clicks on
>>   File - Recent Documents
>>they are presented with a list of up to ten of the most recently
>>accessed documents.  Is there anyway to increase that number to
>>greater than ten?
>
> Not that I know of.  But there is something of a workaround:
> o Click the down-arrow at the right end of the Standard toolbar.
> o Click Visible Buttons > | Load URL.

Many versions ago (SO days), the 'load url' bar used to appear by
default, but sadly this was removed. There is an extension 'history
master/manager' to control both 'recent documents' and 'load url',
which may be useful for security.

Dan Lewis Dan Lewis

On 01/15/2013 09:28 PM, rjh wrote:
> sorry everyone I have made it public now :-)
> http://youtu.be/T3XH5AO2jws
       I think you have found a bug! You need to file a bug report. The
hyperlink is not working like it should.

--Dan

rjh rjh

Re: Did you get my Hyperlink message?

How do I report it?

Thanks

Tom Tom

Re: Did you get my Hyperlink message?

If you can find a work-around or avoid using that then it takes the pressure off as there are never enough devs in any project to fix things fast enough.  However posting a bug-report does at least mean they will get around to it some day
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport

Please note that the skill-set and personality that makes a good dev is kinda opposite to making them good people-persons so if they "wind you up" or say something that appears "a bit off" just try to get past that and work out what they need to know to carry on with your report.  Of course there are always exceptions.
Good luck and regards from
Tom :)

>________________________________

Caesar Caesar

Re: Recent Documents list

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:33:49 -0500, Dan Lewis
<[hidden email]> wrote Re Re: [libreoffice-users] Recent
Documents list:

>On 01/14/2013 04:36 PM, Caesar wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Re: LO 3.6.4 on Windows XP
>>
>> In both Writer and Calc if one clicks on
>>    File - Recent Documents
>> they are presented with a list of up to ten of the most recently
>> accessed documents.  Is there anyway to increase that number to
>> greater than ten?
>>
>> Thanks
>      Several years ago, people were complaining about this problem on
>the OpenOffice.org user mailing list. An extension was created to solve
>this problem called History Manager. Version 2.1 of this extension is
>available Apache OpenOffice web site:
>
>http://extensions.openoffice.org/?lang=en-US. Search for History Manager.
>
>      It is suppose to work on AOO and LO.
>
>--Dan

Thanks Dan.  I found History Manager and I also found History Master

  http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/HistoryMaster

which has a higher user rating, so I decided to give it a try first.
It worked perfectly.  I didn't know that OpenOffice extensions would
work with LO, so thank you for that information also.

Best regards,
C.R.

Caesar Caesar

Re: Recent Documents list

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 23:49:22 +0100, Miros?aw Zalewski
<[hidden email]> wrote Re Re: [libreoffice-users] Recent
Documents list:

>On 14/01/2013 at 22:36, Caesar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>  Is there anyway to increase that number to
>> greater than ten?
>
>Yes there is.
>
>1. Close LibreOffice.
>2. Go to your LibreOffice profile (%APPDATA%\LibreOffice\3\user\ in Windows,
>~/.config/libreoffice/3/user/ on Linux)
>3. Open file registrymodifications.xcu
>4. Find item
><item oor:path="/org.openoffice.Office.Common/History">
>It should have property:
><prop oor:name="PickListSize" oor:op="fuse">
>which value is 10. Just change it to any number you like.
>5. Save changes, open LibreOffice again.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I wasn't able to find the <prop
oor:name="PickListSize" oor:op="fuse">  entry in
registrymodifications.xcu.  However I found that the History Master
extension http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/HistoryMaster
worked perfectly and gives me some additional functionality and
control.

Best regards,
C.R.

Dan Lewis Dan Lewis

On 01/16/2013 06:58 AM, rjh wrote:
> How do I report it?
>
> Thanks

      Use this link:  https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/. Then
create an account followed by coming back to this web page. Follow the
steps to report the bug.

--Dan

Felmon Davis Felmon Davis

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013, Tom Davies wrote:

> [...]
> Please note that the skill-set and personality that makes a good dev
> is kinda opposite to making them good people-persons so if they
> "wind you up" or say something that appears "a bit off" just try to
> get past that and work out what they need to know to carry on with
> your report.

so: by all means feed them bugs but watch out for their jaws?

F.

>  Of course there are always exceptions.
>
> Good luck and regards from
> Tom :)
>

>> ________________________________

Felmon Davis

Conservative:  A person who believes nothing should be done for the
first time.

Tom Tom

Re: Did you get my Hyperlink message?

Hi :)
I think i meant just don't let yourself feel offended if they are a bit blunt or appear to be asking odd questions.  Just watch "House MD" and have a laugh instead.  Of course, as i said, many devs are really good at handling people but i tend to not want to be handled, i just want the thing fixed.

>________________________________

anne-ology anne-ology

Re: Recent Documents list

       Just wondering why one would use the recent-list rather than going
to the file, locating the file, then opening it  ;-)

       To me, that's the simplest way of locating documents -
            an added benefit is finding the excess that may have piled up;
as when the document was saved with a slightly different name, to enable
the original to not be changed - then these miscellaneous documents sit
forgotten using up space  ;-)

       Well, that's my 2 cents worth  ;-)

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Caesar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Re: LO 3.6.4 on Windows XP
>
> In both Writer and Calc if one clicks on
>   File - Recent Documents
> they are presented with a list of up to ten of the most recently
> accessed documents.  Is there anyway to increase that number to
> greater than ten?
>
> Thanks

Next » 12