Record Macro button deactivated?

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Record Macro button deactivated?

Hi,

sorry for the question, but I have a journalist asking me why the
record macro button has been deactivated... any clue?

thanks,

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Membre du Comité exécutif
davidnelson davidnelson

Re: Record Macro button deactivated?

Hi, :-)

I must admit I really miss this feature, too... Will it be coming back
in a foreseeable future? By the way, devs, a big thanks for your work
on the release. ;-)

David Nelson

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 00:10, Charles-H. Schulz
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry for the question, but I have a journalist asking me why the
> record macro button has been deactivated... any clue?
>
> thanks,
>
> --
> Charles-H. Schulz
> Membre du Comité exécutif
> The Document Foundation.
Fridrich Strba-2 Fridrich Strba-2

Re: Record Macro button deactivated?

Basically, because the macro recording is pretty buggy and it is better
for the user not to rely on it.

It is worth noting that even though the button is disabled, one can
always assign a key combination to the macro recorder and launch it like
that. But as I said before, it is better to discourage its use.

Cheers

Fridrich

Caolán McNamara Caolán McNamara

Re: Record Macro button deactivated?

On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 17:10 +0100, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for the question, but I have a journalist asking me why the
> record macro button has been deactivated... any clue?

Its still there, but you need to activate
"tools->options->general->enable experimental (unstable) features" first

Its categorized as experimental because macro recording has always been
somewhat incomplete and its more honest to present it as a partially
implemented feature that may be of some use rather than as a polished
expected-to-work feature.

C.

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: Record Macro button deactivated?