Redaction

Dave Barton-4 Dave Barton-4

Redaction

I have heard the LO Redaction feature mentioned recently and have never
investigated it. Out of simple curiosity I followed the in-built Help
instructions (not available on-line) "How redaction works in LibreOffice?".

With LO 6.4.0.2 x64 under Win10 the resulting PDF does not show either a
white or black redaction, only a semi-transparent gray blob over the
supposedly redacted area(s) and the text is fully visible.

With LO 6.3.4.2 under Linux both the black and white redactions work as
expected.

Does anyone else see this issue with LO 6.4.0.2 x64 under Win10?

Dave

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: Redaction

Howdy Dave,

That is the review mode (the grey out blocks) so that the reviewers can see
what is being redacted.

You get that when you select the 'direct to pdf' button on the tool bar.

To the left are two drop down buttons, White and Black, click either of
those and you get the PDF with the final redaction.

Best wishes,

Drew

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 1:12 PM Dave Barton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have heard the LO Redaction feature mentioned recently and have never
> investigated it. Out of simple curiosity I followed the in-built Help
> instructions (not available on-line) "How redaction works in LibreOffice?".
>
> With LO 6.4.0.2 x64 under Win10 the resulting PDF does not show either a
> white or black redaction, only a semi-transparent gray blob over the
> supposedly redacted area(s) and the text is fully visible.
>
> With LO 6.3.4.2 under Linux both the black and white redactions work as
> expected.
>
> Does anyone else see this issue with LO 6.4.0.2 x64 under Win10?
>
> Dave

Dave Barton-4 Dave Barton-4

Re: Redaction

Hi Drew,

Thanks for the feedback, but under Win 10 I get a 100% readable PDF
(redactions appear as semi-transparent gray blobs) if I use "Export
Directly as PDF" or either one of the two "Redacted Export" options. No
issue under Linux.

Best Regards
Dave

On 21/01/2020 18:21, Drew Jensen wrote:

> Howdy Dave,
>
> That is the review mode (the grey out blocks) so that the reviewers can see
> what is being redacted.
>
> You get that when you select the 'direct to pdf' button on the tool bar.
>
> To the left are two drop down buttons, White and Black, click either of
> those and you get the PDF with the final redaction.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Drew
>
> On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 1:12 PM Dave Barton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I have heard the LO Redaction feature mentioned recently and have never
>> investigated it. Out of simple curiosity I followed the in-built Help
>> instructions (not available on-line) "How redaction works in LibreOffice?".
>>
>> With LO 6.4.0.2 x64 under Win10 the resulting PDF does not show either a
>> white or black redaction, only a semi-transparent gray blob over the
>> supposedly redacted area(s) and the text is fully visible.
>>
>> With LO 6.3.4.2 under Linux both the black and white redactions work as
>> expected.
>>
>> Does anyone else see this issue with LO 6.4.0.2 x64 under Win10?
>>
>> Dave

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: Redaction

Sounds like a trip to the bug reporting system is in order then.

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 1:44 PM Dave Barton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Drew,
>
> Thanks for the feedback, but under Win 10 I get a 100% readable PDF
> (redactions appear as semi-transparent gray blobs) if I use "Export
> Directly as PDF" or either one of the two "Redacted Export" options. No
> issue under Linux.
>
> Best Regards
> Dave
>
> On 21/01/2020 18:21, Drew Jensen wrote:
> > Howdy Dave,
> >
> > That is the review mode (the grey out blocks) so that the reviewers can
> see
> > what is being redacted.
> >
> > You get that when you select the 'direct to pdf' button on the tool bar.
> >
> > To the left are two drop down buttons, White and Black, click either of
> > those and you get the PDF with the final redaction.
> >
> > Best wishes,
> >
> > Drew
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 1:12 PM Dave Barton <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I have heard the LO Redaction feature mentioned recently and have never
> >> investigated it. Out of simple curiosity I followed the in-built Help
> >> instructions (not available on-line) "How redaction works in
> LibreOffice?".
> >>
> >> With LO 6.4.0.2 x64 under Win10 the resulting PDF does not show either a
> >> white or black redaction, only a semi-transparent gray blob over the
> >> supposedly redacted area(s) and the text is fully visible.
> >>
> >> With LO 6.3.4.2 under Linux both the black and white redactions work as
> >> expected.
> >>
> >> Does anyone else see this issue with LO 6.4.0.2 x64 under Win10?
> >>
> >> Dave

Dave Barton-4 Dave Barton-4

Re: Redaction [SOLVED]

On 21/01/2020 18:11, Dave Barton wrote:

> I have heard the LO Redaction feature mentioned recently and have never
> investigated it. Out of simple curiosity I followed the in-built Help
> instructions (not available on-line) "How redaction works in LibreOffice?".
>
> With LO 6.4.0.2 x64 under Win10 the resulting PDF does not show either a
> white or black redaction, only a semi-transparent gray blob over the
> supposedly redacted area(s) and the text is fully visible.
>
> With LO 6.3.4.2 under Linux both the black and white redactions work as
> expected.
>
> Does anyone else see this issue with LO 6.4.0.2 x64 under Win10?
>
> Dave

Solved the issue by destroying my user profile on this machine.

Now I have the thankless task of rebuilding my profile settings and
restoring numerous valuable templates and possibly isolating the cause
of the original redaction failure.

Dave :((