Reduce white space between chart border and chart

pda123 pda123

Reduce white space between chart border and chart

How can I reduce the
        amount of white space between a chart and the border/margin
        around it?

Thanks,

Carl

Brian Barker Brian Barker

Re: Reduce white space between chart border and chart

At 15:42 12/06/2019 -0400, Carl Winerich wrote:
>How can I reduce the amount of white space between a chart and the
>border/margin around it?

I'm not sure you can. But what you can do, with the same effect, is
to use Format Chart Area to set the transparency of the chart area to
100%. This will mean that you can position the chart overlapping
whatever elements you want to be closer to it and they will show
through as if that unwanted surround were not there.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

pda123 pda123

Re: Reduce white space between chart border and chart

As always from your methods- that's perfect
        and exactly what was needed.¬† Thanks Brian.

CarlFrom:Brian
          Barker [mailto:[hidden email]]
Subject:[libreoffice-users] Reduce white space between chart border
          and chart
Date:Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 5:08 PM
To:[hidden email]
Cc:Carl
          Winerich

At
      15:42 12/06/2019 -0400, Carl Winerich wrote:How can I reduce the amount of
        white space between a chart and the border/margin around it?I'm not sure you can. But what you can do, with the same effect,
      is to use Format Chart Area to set the transparency of the chart
      area to 100%. This will mean that you can position the chart
      overlapping whatever elements you want to be closer to it and they
      will show through as if that unwanted surround were not there.I trust this helps.Brian Barker¬†

catdance catdance

Re: Reduce white space between chart border and chart

Carl,

If I understand what you mean:

Click twice on the full chart to put it in edit mode. It should be
surrounded by a thick gray border.
Then click on the chart graphic to select it. It should now have
selection handles as shown below (I hope you can see graphics in this
mailing list).
Move the corner selection handles to increase the size of the graphic,
thereby decreasing the white space.

Does this answer your question?

Cathy