Reducing extra space in a jpg scanned in Writer

charles meyer charles meyer

Reducing extra space in a jpg scanned in Writer

Hi my esteemed listmates,

I scanned both sides of a business card as separate jpgs.

I opened each jpg (one jpg for each side) and there’s a lot of extra white
space.

Is there a quick/easy way to eliminate all that wasted white space around
the business card?

Advantage Libre Writer: I can open the 2 jpgs (front and back of the
business card) in Writer and even copy the back side (jpg #2) into the jpg
#1 (front side of the card) but neither will open in MS Word 365 like some
jpgs do.

Thank you.

Charles.

Alan Boba Alan Boba

Re: Reducing extra space in a jpg scanned in Writer

Your call, "quick/easy"
Open Draw
Drag image onto page
Click the image
From menu Format > Image > Crop
Drag crop handles to desired position
Press Enter to complete crop
Right-click image, select Save...
Click Yes
Provide file name
Change format (defaults to PNG) to JPEG if wish to keep same format (bottom
right of save dialog)
Click Save
Adjust JPG options if desired
Click OK - new file has been saved in location and with name you just
specified
Close Draw
Click "Don't Save"

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 4:34 PM charles meyer <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi my esteemed listmates,
>

> I scanned both sides of a business card as separate jpgs.
>

> I opened each jpg (one jpg for each side) and there’s a lot of extra white
> space.
>

> Is there a quick/easy way to eliminate all that wasted white space around
> the business card?
>

> Advantage Libre Writer: I can open the 2 jpgs (front and back of the
> business card) in Writer and even copy the back side (jpg #2) into the jpg
> #1 (front side of the card) but neither will open in MS Word 365 like some
> jpgs do.
>

> Thank you.
>

> Charles.

Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

James Knott-2 James Knott-2

On 2021-02-22 4:31 p.m., charles meyer wrote:
> Is there a quick/easy way to eliminate all that wasted white space around
> the business card?

I adjust the scanned area, before the scan.