Release tasks for Website team

sophi sophi

Release tasks for Website team

Hi all,

I'm currently consolidating an inter projects release tasks table. That
should help us to know what we have to do, coordinates the tasks between
the different teams and help to not miss the deadlines. When finished,
all the tasks with time and deadlines will be uploaded on a wiki page.

For all tasks whatever the project the starting date is at feature freeze.

For Website, here is the tasks I've collected:

--> Beta/RC as a deadline
.Upload of the builds -> mirror propagation
.Update of the download page

--> Final as a deadline
. Upload of the new features page (created by marketing)
. Upload of the Readme file (written by documentation team)

. Upload of the builds --> for mirror propagation/P2P/Torrents/ISO
. Update of the download page
. Update of the home page

. L10n QA status

Is there anything I've forgot? if yes, please reply to this message.
Thanks in advance
Kind regards
Sophie

Wheatbix Wheatbix

Re: Release tasks for Website team

Modification of the installation instructions to reflect the correct file
names.

Sent from my Android phone.
On 03/01/2011 11:11 PM, "Sophie Gautier" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently consolidating an inter projects release tasks table. That
> should help us to know what we have to do, coordinates the tasks between
> the different teams and help to not miss the deadlines. When finished,
> all the tasks with time and deadlines will be uploaded on a wiki page.
>
> For all tasks whatever the project the starting date is at feature freeze.
>
> For Website, here is the tasks I've collected:
>
> --> Beta/RC as a deadline
> .Upload of the builds -> mirror propagation
> .Update of the download page
>
> --> Final as a deadline
> . Upload of the new features page (created by marketing)
> . Upload of the Readme file (written by documentation team)
>
> . Upload of the builds --> for mirror propagation/P2P/Torrents/ISO
> . Update of the download page
> . Update of the home page
>
> . L10n QA status
>
> Is there anything I've forgot? if yes, please reply to this message.
> Thanks in advance
> Kind regards
> Sophie
>
> --
> Founding member of The Document Foundation

sophi sophi

Re: Release tasks for Website team

Hi Michael,
On 03/01/2011 18:09, Michael Wheatland wrote:
> Modification of the installation instructions to reflect the correct file
> names.

Installation instructions are a task for the documentation team. The
complete installation instructions will be put on the wiki while the
release notes will be on the website.

Kind regards
Sophie

Stefan Weigel Stefan Weigel

Re: Release tasks for Website team

Hi,

Am 03.01.2011 16:27, schrieb Sophie Gautier:

> Installation instructions are a task for the documentation team. The
> complete installation instructions will be put on the wiki while the
> release notes will be on the website.

Thanks Sophie, for stressing this. There was a discussion the other
day, about whether the installation instructions should be moved
from the wiki to the website and be deleted in the wiki, which I
think is no good idea.

http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/documentation/msg00762.html

However, the majority of postings to the thread seemed to advocate
bringing the complete installation instructions to the website.

Stefan

sophi sophi

Re: Release tasks for Website team

Hi Stefan,
On 03/01/2011 19:23, Stefan Weigel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 03.01.2011 16:27, schrieb Sophie Gautier:
>
>> Installation instructions are a task for the documentation team. The
>> complete installation instructions will be put on the wiki while the
>> release notes will be on the website.
>
> Thanks Sophie, for stressing this.

You're welcome :)

  There was a discussion the other
> day, about whether the installation instructions should be moved
> from the wiki to the website and be deleted in the wiki, which I
> think is no good idea.
>
> http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/documentation/msg00762.html
>
> However, the majority of postings to the thread seemed to advocate
> bringing the complete installation instructions to the website.

We discussed this with David, may be on IRC - I don't remember, and
decided that the shorter ones (the readme) will be on the static
website, and more detailed ones as a documentation that will be along
the other documentation on the wiki, or on Alfresco is the material is
there.

Usually, visitors on the website are lurking for straight and direct
info, not for lengthy discussions ;-)

Kind regards
Sophie

Wheatbix Wheatbix

Re: Release tasks for Website team

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 1:53 AM, Stefan Weigel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 03.01.2011 16:27, schrieb Sophie Gautier:
>
>> Installation instructions are a task for the documentation team. The
>> complete installation instructions will be put on the wiki while the
>> release notes will be on the website.
>
> Thanks Sophie, for stressing this. There was a discussion the other
> day, about whether the installation instructions should be moved
> from the wiki to the website and be deleted in the wiki, which I
> think is no good idea.
>
> http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/documentation/msg00762.html
>
> However, the majority of postings to the thread seemed to advocate
> bringing the complete installation instructions to the website.
>
> Stefan

Stefan,
I did not keep up with this discussion, From your statement it sounds
like there was a decision to upload it to the website.
Can you clarify?

Thanks,
Michael Wheatland

sophi sophi

On 04/01/2011 06:10, Michael Wheatland wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 1:53 AM, Stefan Weigel
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 03.01.2011 16:27, schrieb Sophie Gautier:
>>
>>> Installation instructions are a task for the documentation team. The
>>> complete installation instructions will be put on the wiki while the
>>> release notes will be on the website.
>>
>> Thanks Sophie, for stressing this. There was a discussion the other
>> day, about whether the installation instructions should be moved
>> from the wiki to the website and be deleted in the wiki, which I
>> think is no good idea.
>>
>> http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/documentation/msg00762.html
>>
>> However, the majority of postings to the thread seemed to advocate
>> bringing the complete installation instructions to the website.
>>
>> Stefan
>
> Stefan,
> I did not keep up with this discussion, From your statement it sounds
> like there was a decision to upload it to the website.
> Can you clarify?

Yes, read my mail. I clarified that the readme will be on the site, and
the installation docs with the other documentation.

Kind regards
Sophie