Reminder about localised website

Jean Spiteri Jean Spiteri

Reminder about localised website

A recent Redmine ticket is suggesting that a reminder about localised version of the LibreOffice website is included on top of libreoffice.org. More details can be found in the ticket available  at https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/2032. What does the community think about this? Also, should all localised versions be mentioned or only those that have specific criteria(for example new design ones)?
Daniel A. Rodriguez Daniel A. Rodriguez

Re: Reminder about localised website

> A recent Redmine ticket is suggesting that a reminder about localised version
> of the LibreOffice website is included on top of libreoffice.org. More
> details can be found in the ticket available  at
> https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/2032. What does the community
> think about this? Also, should all localised versions be mentioned or only
> those that have specific criteria(for example new design ones)?

It depends on how it is implemented, IMHO a message like
Wordpress.org's main site suggesting that it's 'also available in
<lang detected>' is in the right path.

Jean Spiteri Jean Spiteri

Re: Reminder about localised website

The idea, as the ticket says, is that if you have your browser language set to Italian, it shows you a bar on top telling you something like  "An italian version of this site is available at it.libreoffice.org". The question is whether this should be shown for every language localised language or specific ones.
Daniel A. Rodriguez Daniel A. Rodriguez

Re: Reminder about localised website

> The idea, as the ticket says, is that if you have your browser language set
> to Italian, it shows you a bar on top telling you something like  "An
> italian version of this site is available at it.libreoffice.org". The
> question is whether this should be shown for every language localised
> language or specific ones.

Every language I believe. We are a global project involving people
from all the world, so why give priority to any language over another.
Unless such priority would be sustained in how many sections of the
main site are localized or something like that.