Reopening document at last saved position

Dave Barton-4 Dave Barton-4

Reopening document at last saved position

Clean installs of 6.4.6.2(x64) and 7.0.2.2(x64) on Win 10Pro(2004). User
Data in Options has been filled in both cases.

For several versions it has been the case that if User Data has been
filled, Writer documents would reopen at the same point within the
document when it was last saved. Has this changed and if so is there
alternative setting to have Writer documents reopen at the same position
as when last saved?

Regards
Dave

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Reopening document at last saved position

Hi Dave, on my 6.4.6.2 it is working as expected.
I have "Use data for document properties" checked. Not sure if it needs
to be.
steve

On 14/10/2020 02:02, DaveB wrote:

> Clean installs of 6.4.6.2(x64) and 7.0.2.2(x64) on Win 10Pro(2004). User
> Data in Options has been filled in both cases.
>
> For several versions it has been the case that if User Data has been
> filled, Writer documents would reopen at the same point within the
> document when it was last saved. Has this changed and if so is there
> alternative setting to have Writer documents reopen at the same position
> as when last saved?
>
> Regards
> Dave

Dave Barton-4 Dave Barton-4

Re: Reopening document at last saved position

Hi Steve,

Thanks for taking the time to check. It seems there might have been a
glitch on the Windows machine yesterday, because I couldn't replicate
the condition on a Linux machine, but after booting up the Windows
machine today the load at last saved position works as expected.

Best Regards
Dave

On 15/10/2020 19:17, Steve Edmonds wrote:

> Hi Dave, on my 6.4.6.2 it is working as expected.
> I have "Use data for document properties" checked. Not sure if it needs
> to be.
> steve
>
> On 14/10/2020 02:02, DaveB wrote:
>> Clean installs of 6.4.6.2(x64) and 7.0.2.2(x64) on Win 10Pro(2004). User
>> Data in Options has been filled in both cases.
>>
>> For several versions it has been the case that if User Data has been
>> filled, Writer documents would reopen at the same point within the
>> document when it was last saved. Has this changed and if so is there
>> alternative setting to have Writer documents reopen at the same position
>> as when last saved?
>>
>> Regards
>> Dave

Luuk Luuk

Re: Reopening document at last saved position

Also, repositioning seems to not work when you have no information under 'User
Data'. (That is leave all fields from 'Company' until 'Fax/email' empty)

When reopening a document, it will start at the top of that document.

LO 7.0.0.3 (x64)  Windows 10

On 15-10-2020 20:48, DaveB wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks for taking the time to check. It seems there might have been a
> glitch on the Windows machine yesterday, because I couldn't replicate
> the condition on a Linux machine, but after booting up the Windows
> machine today the load at last saved position works as expected.
>
> Best Regards
> Dave
>
> On 15/10/2020 19:17, Steve Edmonds wrote:
>> Hi Dave, on my 6.4.6.2 it is working as expected.
>> I have "Use data for document properties" checked. Not sure if it needs
>> to be.
>> steve
>>
>> On 14/10/2020 02:02, DaveB wrote:
>>> Clean installs of 6.4.6.2(x64) and 7.0.2.2(x64) on Win 10Pro(2004). User
>>> Data in Options has been filled in both cases.
>>>
>>> For several versions it has been the case that if User Data has been
>>> filled, Writer documents would reopen at the same point within the
>>> document when it was last saved. Has this changed and if so is there
>>> alternative setting to have Writer documents reopen at the same position
>>> as when last saved?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Dave

Windows10 / LibreOffice  (latest?)