SDW file format specification

Marcin Trendota Marcin Trendota

SDW file format specification

Hello

I'm looking a way to crack my old password-protected StarOffice files. I
was able to load unprotected files with old OpenOffice (as LO doesn't
support it anymore), but i can't remember the password(s) for protected
ones. I would like to feed John The Ripper with password hashes taken
from these files. Is there any way to obtain them?

Thanks!
--
Over And Out
MoonWolf

jonathon-6 jonathon-6

Re: SDW file format specification

On 07/19/2017 01:02 PM, Marcin Trendota wrote:

> I'm looking a way to crack my old password-protected StarOffice files.

http://libreoffice-environment.blogspot.com/search/label/encryption
might be helpful.

For various reasons, I haven't yet gotten to writing a Python script
that runs an optimized brute force approached to decrupting documents
created by AOo/AnOo/EO/LibO/NO/OOo/SO/etc.

jonathon

Shinnok Shinnok

Re: SDW file format specification

Marcin,

There's a odf2john.py in JtR Jumbo available. Though it might be outdated:
https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/blob/bleeding-jumbo/run/odf2john.py <https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/blob/bleeding-jumbo/run/odf2john.py>

Last I know, even Johnny was capable of importing ODF and creating a john session:
https://github.com/shinnok/johnny/ <https://github.com/shinnok/johnny/>

If you get around to adjusting the script to StarOffice or current ODF format please also submit a PR to JtR/Johnny. Let me know.

Regards,
Shinnok