SOLVED Default Template

Tinkerer Tinkerer

SOLVED Default Template

This post was updated on .
I inadvertently created a Default Template.
It arrived very time I opened Writer, so in Manage Templates I deleted it.
Now when I open Writer I get the following Message:  Users/jt/Library/Application Support/LibreOffice/4/user/template/LettersJT.ott does not exist.
It is still calling for the Default Template.
How can I stop it?
I am using a Mac 10.9.1. and LO 4.2.0.2.

Tink.
Tinkerer Tinkerer

Re: SOLVED Default Template

I do not know whether this was correct, but I made Writer "Untitled 1" my Default Template.

Tink.
Brian Barker Brian Barker

Re: Default Template

At 11:51 12/01/2014 -0800, J Taylor wrote:
>I inadvertently created a Default Template.  It arrived very time I
>opened Writer, so in Manage Templates I deleted it.  Now when I open
>Writer I get the following Message:
>Users/jt/Library/Application
>Support/LibreOffice/4/user/template/LettersJT.ott does not
>exist.  It is still calling for the Default Template.  How can I
>stop it?  I am using a Mac 10.9.1. and LO 4.2.0.2.

o In the Template Manager dialog, click the Action Menu icon (on the right).
o Go to Reset Default Template > | Text Document.

This option does not appear unless it is useful, i.e. unless you have
set an alternative template as the default.

At 13:27 12/01/2014 -0800, J Taylor wrote:
>I do not know whether this was correct, but I made Writer "Untitled
>1" my Default Template.

That depends on which template was actually used to create "Untitled
1".  If your alternative template had ben deleted, we can hope that
the default Default was used.  In any case, now that you have
successfully set an alternative template as default, you can reset
the original if you wish.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Tinkerer Tinkerer

Re: Default Template

Many thanks Brian.

I wasn't until widened the Template Manager Window that I realised all these other options Existed.

Tink.