Safe Mode dialog

htietze htietze

Safe Mode dialog

The Safe Mode was introduced with version 5.3 and some users struggle with the UI, recently in tdf#120269. Samuel is open to modifications when we agree on the new layout. So I made a first proposal in https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/Zj8nsETFTyPgeEB and would like to discuss it in the next design meeting.

Please take a look and comment on Nextcloud or per message to the mailing list.

Cheers,
Heiko

htietze htietze

Re: Safe Mode dialog

The mockup made it to the second iteration. So far we have the following topics to discuss:
* Short button labels Apply/Cancel instead of Apply Changes and Restart/Restart in Normal Mode (beside the length, at least Cancel is more clear; Samuel's argument is that these buttons not just close the dialog but restart LibreOffice)
* Get Help changed to Submit a bug report (the link points to https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/feedback/; would expect "help" with the current label)
* Show user profile (Samuel argues that QA is often being asked where the data are stored and it is an advanced function for admins; I believe that users should not fiddle with the files)
* the overall UX, of course

Alternative ideas are welcome.