Scripting LO

bunk3m bunk3m

Scripting LO

Hello.

I see that there are a number of ways to script LO  within the program
itself, but is it possible to automate LO open file and save as odt,
ods, odp?  Something like Applescript used to be able to manipulate
programs?

For example,

I have many old files in various formats like .doc, .xls, .ppt,
Pagemaker, etc. etc. I have concerns about future compatibility and
access to those documents.

I would to run perhaps a bash script on a folder to open each file in
the folder and then save it in the appropriate ODF 2.0 format.

Is there a way to script LO like that?

Thank you in advance.

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: Scripting LO

Howdy,

Support for that is built in and is available from a command line or script
as you prefer.

Here is a good overview of that:
https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/2641/convert-to-command-line-parameter/

Best wishes,

Drew

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 11:29 AM bunk3m <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I see that there are a number of ways to script LO  within the program
> itself, but is it possible to automate LO open file and save as odt,
> ods, odp?  Something like Applescript used to be able to manipulate
> programs?
>
> For example,
>
> I have many old files in various formats like .doc, .xls, .ppt,
> Pagemaker, etc. etc. I have concerns about future compatibility and
> access to those documents.
>
> I would to run perhaps a bash script on a folder to open each file in
> the folder and then save it in the appropriate ODF 2.0 format.
>
> Is there a way to script LO like that?
>
> Thank you in advance.

bunk3m bunk3m

Re: Scripting LO