Season Of Docs from Google

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Season Of Docs from Google

Olivier Hallot-4 Olivier Hallot-4

Re: Season Of Docs from Google

Hi Drew

Yes. Lets plan to use it.

--
Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: Season Of Docs from Google

Interesting that the program will recognize standard and long projects.

Standard projects would begin on Sep. 2 and end NLT Nov. 22, 2019.

Long projects would begin also on Sep. 2 but can run through Feb. 21, 2020.

Either way the first deadline is April 23, 2019 at 20:00 UTC (Deadline for
organization applications)
per the timeline here:
https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/timeline

K-J LibreOffice K-J LibreOffice

Am 13.03.2019 um 13:14 schrieb Olivier Hallot:
> Hi Drew
>
> Yes. Lets plan to use it.

<side note>
Do we know all the US embargoed countries? [1]
They are changing faster than the tweet of a bird.
Do we have Technical writers or a possible mentors from there?

[1] https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/get-started/
"A resident of a country not currently embargoed by the United States"
</side note>

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation
https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/
https://de.libreoffice.org
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

catdance catdance

Re: Season Of Docs from Google

Good question. As you may have found out, finding a clear answer on the
US Treasury Department website is hopeless.

However, Google lists what are probably the current countries/regions:
Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria

https://support.google.com/adspolicy/answer/6023676?hl=en

It is not right that citizens of those countries are prevented from
participating in a program such as this but presumably Google has no
choice.

This sounds like a good program for us to participate in.

On 3/13/2019 11:53 AM, K-J LibreOffice wrote:

> Am 13.03.2019 um 13:14 schrieb Olivier Hallot:
>> Hi Drew
>>
>> Yes. Lets plan to use it.
> <side note>
> Do we know all the US embargoed countries? [1]
> They are changing faster than the tweet of a bird.
> Do we have Technical writers or a possible mentors from there?
>
> [1] https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/get-started/
> "A resident of a country not currently embargoed by the United States"
> </side note>

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: Season Of Docs from Google

The 'embargo' rule is also found on the GSOC website, BTW. Just buried
deeper.