Self nomination for Membership Committee: Muhammet Kara

Muhammet Kara Muhammet Kara

Self nomination for Membership Committee: Muhammet Kara

Hi all,

I would like to nominate myself for the next MC of TDF.

I am Muhammet Kara from Turkey, member/translator/developer/advocate of various FOSS projects since early 2000s, and I have been contributing to LibreOffice in various ways since 2016, including code contributions, translation, qa work, marketing/advocacy, taking part in the Design Team as a developer...

Although I would like to see LibreOffice and other FOSS projects flourish in every aspect, I have a secret agenda of attracting more developers (especially cs students from universities) to our community, and helping maintain/increase its diversity. -Oh, it is no more a secret! :)-

Some other FOSS projects I contribute(d) to:
  • GNOME
    • GNOME Turkish Translation Team (coordinator)
    • GNOME Engagement Team (member)
  • KDE
    • Retired translator
  • The (GNU) Translation Project
    • Translator
  • Fedora
    • Bug reporting
    • Advocacy
    • Translation
Some links:

My statement:
"
A member of this great community from Turkey. Working on LibreOffice as a developer, marketer, tester, translator... Trying to spread the love of FOSS around here, by running workshops, giving talks and coordinating local teams, in the hope of bringing fresh blood into our community. I would be happy to play my part in making this already great community even greater. If elected, I will focus on diversity, and making our processes smoother for all.
"

My name: Muhammet Kara
E-mail adress: [hidden email]
Corporate affiliation: Pardus

I will provide information on all future changes as soon as possible.

Regards,
Muhammet