Separate IRC Channel for the Marketing Team

Danishka Navin Danishka Navin

Separate IRC Channel for the Marketing Team

Hi Folks,

As you all know we have been using #documentfoundation for IRC
communication.
But it would be more useful if we have separate channel for marketing team.

Apart from the confcall meeting we can use it for marketing related requires
from newbies.
And also it would be useful for build get to know each other.

Best Regards,
--
Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com

Charles Marcus Charles Marcus

Re: Separate IRC Channel for the Marketing Team

On 2010-12-02 9:48 AM, Danishka Navin wrote:
> As you all know we have been using #documentfoundation for IRC
> communication.

Shouldn't these be broken up like:

#tdf-libo-dev
#tdf-libo-discuss
#tdf-libo-marketing
etc...

Or maybe just leave out the tdf-?

?

Charles

Danishka Navin Danishka Navin

Re: Separate IRC Channel for the Marketing Team

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 12:06 AM, Charles Marcus
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> On 2010-12-02 9:48 AM, Danishka Navin wrote:
> > As you all know we have been using #documentfoundation for IRC
> > communication.
>
> Shouldn't these be broken up like:
>
> #tdf-libo-dev
> #tdf-libo-discuss
> #tdf-libo-marketing
> etc...
>
> Or maybe just leave out the tdf-?

libo-marketing is fine if many products coming under TDF umbrella

> ?
>
> --
>
> Best regards,
>
> Charles

Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/danishkanavin
http://identi.ca/danishka

Sadiq Saif Sadiq Saif

Re: Separate IRC Channel for the Marketing Team

I'm in agreement with this idea as well. I have taken the liberty of
registering the #libo-marketing channel.

Sadiq S
mailto: [hidden email]
http://about.me/staticsafe/bio
staticsafe on Freenode.

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Danishka Navin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 12:06 AM, Charles Marcus
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > On 2010-12-02 9:48 AM, Danishka Navin wrote:
> > > As you all know we have been using #documentfoundation for IRC
> > > communication.
> >
> > Shouldn't these be broken up like:
> >
> > #tdf-libo-dev
> > #tdf-libo-discuss
> > #tdf-libo-marketing
> > etc...
> >
> > Or maybe just leave out the tdf-?
> >

> libo-marketing is fine if many products coming under TDF umbrella
>

> > ?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Charles
> >
> > --
> > *** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
> >

> --
> Danishka Navin
> http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
> http://twitter.com/danishkanavin
> http://identi.ca/danishka

bedipp bedipp

Re: Separate IRC Channel for the Marketing Team

Hi Danishka, all,

Danishka Navin schrieb:
> Hi Folks,
>
> As you all know we have been using #documentfoundation for IRC
> communication.
> But it would be more useful if we have separate channel for marketing team.

If there is too much traffic on #documentfoundation I agree.

I have to admit, that I don't lurk on IRC very often, but the last time
I've been there I didn't see more than approximately one discussion per
hour.

As long as there are not too many overlapping discussions on
#documentfoundation I'd like to keep the community as closely together
as possible.

Several discussions relate to different teams (marketing, website,
design ...) so it is great if anybody can join even if she/he has not
been part of this team before.

This way we might reach contributors who never thought before to join
our marketing team...

> Apart from the confcall meeting we can use it for marketing related requires
> from newbies.
> And also it would be useful for build get to know each other.

Both points are at least as valid on the general IRC channel too:

For newbies it's much easier to ask their questions on a common channel
instead of finding out, which is the right channel / team for them.

And knowledge about each other is even more important across the
"borders" of dedicated teams.

Therefore I plead to stay on the general IRC channel
irc://irc.freenode.net/#documentfoundation
until work will become harder because of the numbers of postings there...

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: When TDF becomes host for several products we might think of using
#libreoffice for general LibO discussions while devs might move to
#dev-libo or something similar. But we probably will not have to discuss
this before 2012...