Set page size in LO Impress?

Spencer Graves-2 Spencer Graves-2

Set page size in LO Impress?

       How can I set the page size with LO Impress?

       There's a Page option under Format in LO Writer and Calc, but I
can't find one in LO Impress.  In LO Draw, Format has a "Page/Slide
properties" option.

       I'm making a poster presentation at a conference, and I need to
produce one PowerPoint slide that's 36.5" wide and 20.5" high. The
conference has computers with MS Office loaded plus a reader for Adobe
Portable Document Format (PDF).  However, when I exported my *.odg file
from LO Impress to PDF, it looks like it lost that size information,
though I'm not sure -- and I don't know if I can find out until shortly
before my presentation!

       Thanks,
       Spencer Graves
p.s.  I'm using LO 5.1.4.2.

Spencer Graves-2 Spencer Graves-2

Re: Set page size in LO Impress?

p.p.s.  I'm using LO 5.1.4.2 under Mac OS X 10.11.6.  Secondarily, LO
Draw is shockingly slow on this machine.  I have to wait several seconds
for it to do almost anything.  This is on a MacBook Pro that's quite
fast for virtually everything else I do.   Thanks.

On 7/28/2016 12:26 PM, Spencer Graves wrote:

>       How can I set the page size with LO Impress?
>

>       There's a Page option under Format in LO Writer and Calc, but I
> can't find one in LO Impress.  In LO Draw, Format has a "Page/Slide
> properties" option.
>

>       I'm making a poster presentation at a conference, and I need to
> produce one PowerPoint slide that's 36.5" wide and 20.5" high. The
> conference has computers with MS Office loaded plus a reader for Adobe
> Portable Document Format (PDF).  However, when I exported my *.odg
> file from LO Impress to PDF, it looks like it lost that size
> information, though I'm not sure -- and I don't know if I can find out
> until shortly before my presentation!
>

>       Thanks,
>       Spencer Graves
> p.s.  I'm using LO 5.1.4.2.

V Stuart Foote V Stuart Foote

Re: Set page size in LO Impress?

In an Impress session (start a new one and copy from initial attempts).
1. Set your slide Layout to blank.
2. Point to the Slide and open its Context menu
3. Select the Page Properties dialog
4. Set the Paper format Width and Height as needed -- the Format field will change to "User"
5. Set orientation and margins as preferred.

When saving the ODF document the size will be retained. Also when exporting to PDF.

Can do similar from Draw, or Writer depending on how you'd like to layout your poster.

Enjoy.

On 7/28/2016 12:47 PM, V Stuart Foote wrote:
> In an Impress session (start a new one and copy from initial attempts).
> 1. Set your slide Layout to blank.
> 2. Point to the Slide and open its Context menu

       Thanks.  I had a hard time finding the Context menu.  For others
who might read this thread in the future, I will document here how I
found it:  Rt-click (Ctrl-click on my Mac) in the slide [not in the
slide thumbnail on the left] -> "Format slide...". This has page width
and height options.

> 3. Select the Page Properties dialog
> 4. Set the Paper format Width and Height as needed -- the Format field will
> change to "User"
> 5. Set orientation and margins as preferred.
>
> When saving the ODF document the size will be retained. Also when exporting
> to PDF.
>
> Can do similar from Draw, or Writer depending on how you'd like to layout
> your poster.

       Draw is painfully slow for me on my MacBook Pro.  Virtually
everything else runs shockingly fast, especially compared the computer I
replaced with the MacBook.  I'm running LO 5.1.4.2 under Mac OS X
10.11.6.  I rarely use Draw, in part because it's been painfully slow
for me in the past, if my memory is correct.

       Thanks again,
       Spencer Graves