Silverstripe CSS - Strong tag changes text colour

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Wheatbix Wheatbix
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Silverstripe CSS - Strong tag changes text colour

I have just noticed that due to the CSS on Silverstripe there is no
way to <strong> text without it turning green. Is there any way we can
change this and just use the <h#> tags for colours?

Mike Wheatland

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
xslidian xslidian
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Silverstripe CSS - Strong tag changes text colour

 my normal <strong style="color:black;">strong</strong> text

This can work for now but it's better to make some change to the global CSS. :)

Best wishes & happy new year,
Dean


On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Michael Wheatland
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have just noticed that due to the CSS on Silverstripe there is no
> way to <strong> text without it turning green. Is there any way we can
> change this and just use the <h#> tags for colours?
>
> Mike Wheatland
>
> --
> Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
> List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/website/
> *** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
>

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
Ivan M. Ivan M.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Silverstripe CSS - Strong tag changes text colour

Hi Christian, all,

> Michael Wheatland wrote:
>> I have just noticed that due to the CSS on Silverstripe there is no
>> way to <strong> text without it turning green. Is there any way we can
>> change this and just use the <h#> tags for colours?

Could you please delete the following style from typography.css:

.typography strong {
        color: #18A303;
}

Thanks,
Ivan

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

epix epix
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Silverstripe CSS - Strong tag changes text colour

Hi Ivan, *

Am 24.01.2011 06:56, schrieb Ivan M.:
> Could you please delete the following style from typography.css:
>
> .typography strong {
> color: #18A303;
> }

done
Erich

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

klaus-jürgen weghorn ol klaus-jürgen weghorn ol
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Silverstripe CSS - Strong tag changes text colour

Hi Erich,
Am 24.01.2011 07:19, schrieb Erich Christian:

> Hi Ivan, *
>
> Am 24.01.2011 06:56, schrieb Ivan M.:
>> Could you please delete the following style from typography.css:
>>
>> .typography strong {
>> color: #18A303;
>> }
>
> done
I'm not glad that you change this so quickly.
There was last year a discussion about that. And if we change it we
should wait some time but not only for 45 minutes.

Change it back, please, and let us disuss this before we make facts.

--
Grüße
k-j

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

epix epix
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Silverstripe CSS - Strong tag changes text colour

Hi,

Am 24.01.2011 07:53, schrieb klaus-jürgen weghorn ol:

>> Am 24.01.2011 06:56, schrieb Ivan M.:
>>> Could you please delete the following style from typography.css:
>>> .typography strong {
>>>     color: #18A303;
>>> }
>> done
> I'm not glad that you change this so quickly.
> There was last year a discussion about that. And if we change it we
> should wait some time but not only for 45 minutes.
> Change it back, please, and let us disuss this before we make facts.

Ok if it makes you happy...
yes there was a discussion and now I read a 'request' so my impression
was there is a consensus about it and it just wasn't done yet - pls
don't expect from me to reread the discussions to find out...
Btw in this concern I fully agree with Michael to use the <h> tags.

ciao
Erich

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Ivan M. Ivan M.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Silverstripe CSS - Strong tag changes text colour

In reply to this post by klaus-jürgen weghorn ol
Hi Klaus-Jürgen,

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 7:53 PM, klaus-jürgen weghorn ol
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]
>
> I'm not glad that you change this so quickly.
> There was last year a discussion about that. And if we change it we should
> wait some time but not only for 45 minutes.
>
> Change it back, please, and let us disuss this before we make facts.

Sorry, I didn't think there would be much contention about what
appears (to me at least) to be a small change - especially since the
strong tag had the same color as links, which is a usability concern.
In future I'll leave more time before making a request (Erich, sorry
for the inconvenience).

So, let's discuss (I guess we'll have to do it again, because last
year's discussions pertain to the old theme, and lots of things
changed in the meantime without being discussed here).

IMO, <strong> should, by default, just make text bold; it should, by
default, inherit its color from the parent element. If people want a
green <strong> tag, they should use something like <strong
class="green">, but then it should be a darker green so as not to be
confused with links.

Regards,
Ivan.

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

klaus-jürgen weghorn ol klaus-jürgen weghorn ol
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Silverstripe CSS - Strong tag changes text colour

Hi Erich, Ivan,
Am 24.01.2011 10:02, schrieb Ivan M.:

> Hi Klaus-Jürgen,
>
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 7:53 PM, klaus-jürgen weghorn ol
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> I'm not glad that you change this so quickly.
>> There was last year a discussion about that. And if we change it we should
>> wait some time but not only for 45 minutes.
>>
>> Change it back, please, and let us disuss this before we make facts.
>
> Sorry, I didn't think there would be much contention about what
> appears (to me at least) to be a small change - especially since the
> strong tag had the same color as links, which is a usability concern.
> In future I'll leave more time before making a request (Erich, sorry
> for the inconvenience).

First I have no problem with changing it.
As I have a short look on the international page the lessiest things are
bolded without beeing a link (and so will be green).
On the German page e.g. mostly the word "LibreOffice" is bolded [1].
So it will be in meantime no change of look.

> So, let's discuss (I guess we'll have to do it again, because last
> year's discussions pertain to the old theme, and lots of things
> changed in the meantime without being discussed here).

I only think that it was a little bit to fast. There were no
possibilities to react. Sorry for the break.

>
> IMO,<strong>  should, by default, just make text bold; it should, by
> default, inherit its color from the parent element.

[---]

> If people want a
> green<strong>  tag, they should use something like<strong
> class="green">, but then it should be a darker green so as not to be
> confused with links.

I think it is a decision about the theme given by the css. If we say
bold inherits its color from the parent element then it will inherit for
the almost things.
If someone changes it by hard-formatting then you will not be able to
convince him that he have to take a darker green (and with "Libre"Office
IMHO it won't be good because of the branding).

The problem of hard-formatting is the change of themes and the revision
of the pages.
Hard formatting should be the exception.
David and I changed more pages from hard-formatting blue in normal. It
is work we can avoid.


Grüße
k-j

[1] http://de.libreoffice.org/product/

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Wheatbix Wheatbix
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Silverstripe CSS - Strong tag changes text colour

In reply to this post by xslidian
On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Dean Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  my normal <strong style="color:black;">strong</strong> text
>
> This can work for now but it's better to make some change to the global CSS. :)
>
> Best wishes & happy new year,
> Dean
>
>
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Michael Wheatland
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have just noticed that due to the CSS on Silverstripe there is no
>> way to <strong> text without it turning green. Is there any way we can
>> change this and just use the <h#> tags for colours?
>>
>> Mike Wheatland

That was a lot quicker than I thought.

I believe it is a good change to allow authors distinguish between
bold text they wish to draw attention to / links / headings.

I think the discussion about using the LibreGreen for the branding is
another topic, as there will always be bolded/strong text which we
wish to draw attention to other than the word 'LibreOffice'. Another
preformatted option might be better for this.

Does anyone object to this change?

Thanks,
Mike Wheatland

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
epix epix
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Silverstripe CSS - Strong tag changes text colour

Hi *

Am 24.01.2011 10:02, schrieb Ivan M.:
[...]
> strong tag had the same color as links, which is a usability concern.

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Dean Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]
>> ... it's better to make some change to the global CSS. :)

Am 24.01.2011 13:42, schrieb Michael Wheatland:
> I believe it is a good change to allow authors distinguish between
> bold text they wish to draw attention to / links / headings.
[...]
> Does anyone object to this change?

Doesn't look like, so I'll change it now to get this off my list.

Cheers
Erich


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
Wheatbix Wheatbix
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Silverstripe CSS - Strong tag changes text colour

>> Does anyone object to this change?
>
> Doesn't look like, so I'll change it now to get this off my list.

Thanks for the good work.

Michael Wheatland

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***