Silverstripe: Tables not inserting

Next » 12
Wheatbix Wheatbix

Silverstripe: Tables not inserting

While trying to structure the content for the Apple Mac installation
instructions I have been trying to develop a layout that works well
with the large number of images and small quantity of text.
To do this I was going to use tables.

Problem: The WYSIWYG editor on Silverstripe is not inserting the
table. The table insert dialogue comes up ok, but when I click insert
nothing happens.

What editor are we using?
There were huge discussions about this a while ago, and I thought that
ckEditor was the most appropriate for the task.
If we are not using ckEditor, can we install it as the WYSIWYG editor
plugin we are using at the moment seems very buggy.

Thanks,
Mike Wheatland

Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman ) Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman )

possible to use photoshuffler.js

  Hi to all
Is possible to use the photoshuffler.js in home page
http://el.libreoffice.org/  for our start page to slide some screenshot
images like here  http://www.libreoffice.org/
I can't find how insert some images to make it slide show .
I upload some screenshot but can't find the way for slide show .
Thank you .

Don't send me documents in .doc , .docx, .xls, .ppt . , .pptx
Send it with ODF format : .odt , .odp , .ods or .pdf .
Try to use Open Document Format : http://www.openoffice.org/
Save you money&   use GNU/Linux Distro http://distrowatch.com/

Re: possible to use photoshuffler.js

Hi *,

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:09 AM, Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman )
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>  Hi to all
> Is possible to use the photoshuffler.js in home page
> http://el.libreoffice.org/  for our start page to slide some screenshot
> images like here  http://www.libreoffice.org/
> I can't find how insert some images to make it slide show .
> I upload some screenshot but can't find the way for slide show .
> Thank you .

I added the possibility to use photoshuffler, You now see a photo
shuffler tab in the CMS, please read the instructions here:
https://website.libreoffice.org/silverstripe/photo-shuffler-howto/

ciao
Christian

Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman ) Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman )

Re: possible to use photoshuffler.js

Στις 28/01/2011 03:30 πμ, ο/η Christian Lohmaier έγραψε:

> Hi *,
>
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:09 AM, Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman )
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>   Hi to all
>> Is possible to use the photoshuffler.js in home page
>> http://el.libreoffice.org/  for our start page to slide some screenshot
>> images like here  http://www.libreoffice.org/
>> I can't find how insert some images to make it slide show .
>> I upload some screenshot but can't find the way for slide show .
>> Thank you .
> I added the possibility to use photoshuffler, You now see a photo
> shuffler tab in the CMS, please read the instructions here:
> https://website.libreoffice.org/silverstripe/photo-shuffler-howto/
>
> ciao
> Christian

Thank you very match , is possible to work now on other sites like
international .

Don't send me documents in .doc , .docx, .xls, .ppt . , .pptx
Send it with ODF format : .odt , .odp , .ods or .pdf .
Try to use Open Document Format : http://www.openoffice.org/
Save you money&   use GNU/Linux Distro http://distrowatch.com/

Re: Silverstripe: Tables not inserting

Hi Michael,

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Michael Wheatland
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Problem: The WYSIWYG editor on Silverstripe is not inserting the
> table. The table insert dialogue comes up ok, but when I click insert
> nothing happens.

What browser and what version of the browser are you using?

> What editor are we using?

tinyMCE

> There were huge discussions about this a while ago, and I thought that
> ckEditor was the most appropriate for the task.

No, at least not when you were referring to the cms-requirements
discussion. All the editors that were showcased in the drupal demo did
lack essential features. Editor within silverstripe will not be
changed.

ciao
Christian

Wheatbix Wheatbix

Re: Silverstripe: Tables not inserting

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Christian Lohmaier
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Michael Wheatland
>> Problem: The WYSIWYG editor on Silverstripe is not inserting the
>> table. The table insert dialogue comes up ok, but when I click insert
>> nothing happens.
>
> What browser and what version of the browser are you using?

Chrome 9.0 on Linux.

>> What editor are we using?
>
> tinyMCE
>
>> There were huge discussions about this a while ago, and I thought that
>> ckEditor was the most appropriate for the task.
>
> No, at least not when you were referring to the cms-requirements
> discussion. All the editors that were showcased in the drupal demo did
> lack essential features. Editor within silverstripe will not be
> changed.

Which essential features are you referring to? We have a fully working
CKEditor instance on the libreofficeaustralia.org development where
all functions work as specified.

If we are flat out not going to discuss the options of changing the
WYSIWYG editor, then can someone who knows how the Silverstripe to
TinyMCE link works to get the table and image dialogues to work?
This is a road block for creating beautifully crafted page content in
the editor.

Michael Wheatland

Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman ) Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman )

Re: possible to use photoshuffler.js

???? 28/01/2011 03:30 ??, ?/? Christian Lohmaier ??????:

> Hi *,
>
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:09 AM, Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman )
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>   Hi to all
>> Is possible to use the photoshuffler.js in home page
>> http://el.libreoffice.org/  for our start page to slide some screenshot
>> images like here  http://www.libreoffice.org/
>> I can't find how insert some images to make it slide show .
>> I upload some screenshot but can't find the way for slide show .
>> Thank you .
> I added the possibility to use photoshuffler, You now see a photo
> shuffler tab in the CMS, please read the instructions here:
> https://website.libreoffice.org/silverstripe/photo-shuffler-howto/
>
> ciao
> Christian

I follow you instructions but the photoshuffler not work .
I open the html code on our page  http://el.libreoffice.org/  and on
http://www.libreoffice.org/ and see on our not load the

<script  type="text/javascript">
var pkBaseURL = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://piwik.documentfoundation.org/" : "http://piwik.documentfoundation.org/");
document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + pkBaseURL + "piwik.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
</script><script  type="text/javascript"src="http://www.libreoffice.org/mysite/javascript/photoshuffler.js?m=1296175791  <view-source:http://www.libreoffice.org/mysite/javascript/photoshuffler.js?m=1296175791>"></script><script  type="text/javascript">
try {
var piwikTracker = Piwik.getTracker(pkBaseURL + "piwik.php", 2);
piwikTracker.trackPageView();
piwikTracker.enableLinkTracking();
} catch( err ) {}
</script>

Load only the

<script  type="text/javascript">
var pkBaseURL = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://piwik.documentfoundation.org/" : "http://piwik.documentfoundation.org/");
document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + pkBaseURL + "piwik.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
</script><script  type="text/javascript">
try {
var piwikTracker = Piwik.getTracker(pkBaseURL + "piwik.php", 2);
piwikTracker.trackPageView();
piwikTracker.enableLinkTracking();
} catch( err ) {}
</script>

Ok is not big problem to do not use  photoshuffler for us , is not the
important think to load some images , I ask about it if is possible is
nice to work for international sites not only for  Greek Team .

Don't send me documents in .doc , .docx, .xls, .ppt , .pptx .
Send it with ODF format : .odt , .odp , .ods or .pdf .
Try to use Open Document Format : http://el.openoffice.org/
Save you money and use GNU/Linux Distro http://distrowatch.com/

Emese Kovacs Emese Kovacs

Re: possible to use photoshuffler.js

Hi Christian,

Thank you so much, for adding the photoshuffler to localized sites! Works
like a charm.
http://hu.libreoffice.org/

Best regards,
Emese Kovacs

Emese Kovacs Emese Kovacs

Re: possible to use photoshuffler.js

Hi Christian,

Is there a way to remove an image from the photoshuffle set once I have
added it?
I'd like to change the images because some have alpha channel and don't
display OK in IE, but
I can't seem to be able to find a way to remove them from the set.

Any advice is welcome :)

Thanks you,
Emese Kovacs
hu.libreoffice.org content manager

Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman ) Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman )

Re: possible to use photoshuffler.js

Στις 28/01/2011 01:23 μμ, ο/η Emese Kovacs έγραψε:
> Hi Christian,
>
> Thank you so much, for adding the photoshuffler to localized sites! Works
> like a charm.
> http://hu.libreoffice.org/
>
> Best regards,
> Emese Kovacs
Nice , but on me is not load , can you tel me what you do to work it ?
I missing something on instructions ?
Thank you .

Don't send me documents in .doc , .docx, .xls, .ppt , .pptx .
Send it with ODF format : .odt , .odp , .ods or .pdf .
Try to use Open Document Format : http://el.openoffice.org/
Save you money and use GNU/Linux Distro http://distrowatch.com/
Emese Kovacs Emese Kovacs

Re: possible to use photoshuffler.js

Hi Sergios,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Sergios T.S.(aka linuxman) <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Στις 28/01/2011 01:23 μμ, ο/η Emese Kovacs έγραψε:
>
>  Hi Christian,
>>
>> Thank you so much, for adding the photoshuffler to localized sites! Works
>> like a charm.
>> http://hu.libreoffice.org/
>>
>>  Nice , but on me is not load , can you tel me what you do to work it ?
> I missing something on instructions ?
> Thank you .

Make sure you set the id for both the div and the img.
Also make sure you set the size properly (in the img tag and the
photoshuffler UI).

And finally try to force reload or clear cache if the js is still not
included in the greek site.

Hope it helps :)

Cheers,
Emese

Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman ) Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman )

Re: possible to use photoshuffler.js

Στις 28/01/2011 02:23 μμ, ο/η Emese Kovacs έγραψε:

> Hi Sergios,
>
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Sergios T.S.(aka linuxman)<
> [hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Στις 28/01/2011 01:23 μμ, ο/η Emese Kovacs έγραψε:
>>
>>   Hi Christian,
>>> Thank you so much, for adding the photoshuffler to localized sites! Works
>>> like a charm.
>>> http://hu.libreoffice.org/
>>>
>>>   Nice , but on me is not load , can you tel me what you do to work it ?
>> I missing something on instructions ?
>> Thank you .
>>

> Make sure you set the id for both the div and the img.
> Also make sure you set the size properly (in the img tag and the
> photoshuffler UI).
>
> And finally try to force reload or clear cache if the js is still not
> included in the greek site.
>
> Hope it helps :)
>
> Cheers,
> Emese

Sorry for my question , I find the *Photo Shuffler tab and how work with
them , images now slide perfect !!!
*
Christian thank you for this help .

Don't send me documents in .doc , .docx, .xls, .ppt , .pptx .
Send it with ODF format : .odt , .odp , .ods or .pdf .
Try to use Open Document Format : http://el.openoffice.org/
Save you money and use GNU/Linux Distro http://distrowatch.com/

Re: possible to use photoshuffler.js

Hi Sergios, *,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Sergios T.S.(aka linuxman)
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Στις 28/01/2011 03:30 πμ, ο/η Christian Lohmaier έγραψε:
>
> I follow you instructions but the photoshuffler not work .
> I open the html code on our page  http://el.libreoffice.org/  and on
> http://www.libreoffice.org/ and see on our not load the

I see it working now for you , so you figured out what was missing...

The photoshuffler javascript is only inserted when there are images
added on the PhotoShuffler tab.

ciao
Christian

Re: possible to use photoshuffler.js

Hi Emese, *;

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Emese Kovacs <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a way to remove an image from the photoshuffle set once I have
> added it?

On the PhotoShuffler tab, hover ofer the preview images - on the
bottom-right you will see a little trash-can on the preview image,
click that to remove the image from the set.

ciao
Christian

Rimas Kudelis Rimas Kudelis

2011.01.27 00:50, Michael Wheatland rašė:
> While trying to structure the content for the Apple Mac installation
> instructions I have been trying to develop a layout that works well
> with the large number of images and small quantity of text.
> To do this I was going to use tables.
>
> Problem: The WYSIWYG editor on Silverstripe is not inserting the
> table. The table insert dialogue comes up ok, but when I click insert
> nothing happens.

Dropping the editor part, I don't think a table is semantically the best
thing to use for that. Let's say your text is split into paragraphs and
some paragraphs are illustrated by images. In this case, here's what you
could do for that to look right:
1) put the image in the very beginning of each paragraph, float it
right, and add a left margin of say 20px
2) for each paragraph that you want to fall below any images in the
previous paragraphs, add a clear:right style attribute

I understand that it's perhaps not possible to achieve easily through
the WYSIWYG editor (without manually editing HTML code), but even
changing it wouldn't help much. And don't be too optimistic – they all
have their cons and pros. The reason why I think Christian refuses to
even discuss changing the WYSIWYG editor in use is because most CMS'es
tune the editor they supply by default to achieve greater integration
with it. Christian has repeatedly stated that there's a requirement to
easily link to other pages within the same website, and this is the
reason why he's reluctant.

One way to make adding nicely styled images easier I think would be to
simply specify a few base classes in the CSS (or maybe they are already
specified?). E.g., there could be a class that floats right and adds a
left margin, and a second class which clears right.

HTH
Rimas

2011.01.28 03:30, Christian Lohmaier rašė:

> Hi *,
>
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:09 AM, Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman )
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>   Hi to all
>> Is possible to use the photoshuffler.js in home page
>> http://el.libreoffice.org/  for our start page to slide some screenshot
>> images like here  http://www.libreoffice.org/
>> I can't find how insert some images to make it slide show .
>> I upload some screenshot but can't find the way for slide show .
>> Thank you .
> I added the possibility to use photoshuffler, You now see a photo
> shuffler tab in the CMS, please read the instructions here:
> https://website.libreoffice.org/silverstripe/photo-shuffler-howto/

Christian, have you noticed that the shuffler is inactive on the main
website now?

Rimas

Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman ) Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman )

Re: possible to use photoshuffler.js

Στις 28/01/2011 04:27 μμ, ο/η Rimas Kudelis έγραψε:

> 2011.01.28 03:30, Christian Lohmaier rašė:
>> Hi *,
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:09 AM, Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman )
>> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>>   Hi to all
>>> Is possible to use the photoshuffler.js in home page
>>> http://el.libreoffice.org/  for our start page to slide some screenshot
>>> images like here  http://www.libreoffice.org/
>>> I can't find how insert some images to make it slide show .
>>> I upload some screenshot but can't find the way for slide show .
>>> Thank you .
>> I added the possibility to use photoshuffler, You now see a photo
>> shuffler tab in the CMS, please read the instructions here:
>> https://website.libreoffice.org/silverstripe/photo-shuffler-howto/
>
> Christian, have you noticed that the shuffler is inactive on the main
> website now?
>
> Rimas

Is active , but some images is gone , not load all .

Don't send me documents in .doc , .docx, .xls, .ppt , .pptx .
Send it with ODF format : .odt , .odp , .ods or .pdf .
Try to use Open Document Format : http://el.openoffice.org/
Save you money and use GNU/Linux Distro http://distrowatch.com/

Re: possible to use photoshuffler.js

Hi *,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Sergios T.S.(aka linuxman)
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Στις 28/01/2011 04:27 μμ, ο/η Rimas Kudelis έγραψε:
>>
>> 2011.01.28 03:30, Christian Lohmaier rašė:
>>>
>> Christian, have you noticed that the shuffler is inactive on the main
>> website now?

It wasn't meant to use the custom photoshuffler on the main page.

I'll rip out the code that included the hardcoded one, then there
should no longer be the conflict.

but *PLEASE* read the instructions, especially when it comes to
setting the size and width for existing pages.

ciao
Christian

Daniel A. Rodriguez Daniel A. Rodriguez

Re: possible to use photoshuffler.js

> I added the possibility to use photoshuffler, You now see a photo
> shuffler tab in the CMS, please read the instructions here:
> https://website.libreoffice.org/silverstripe/photo-shuffler-howto/

Great job, works like a charm.-

Escuelas Libres :: Porque la educación es mucho mejor cuando es libre
http://www.escuelaslibres.org.ar/
---
Para entrenar, cualquier programa sirve. Para educar, sólo Software Libre.
(Federico Heinz)
---

Re: Silverstripe: Tables not inserting

Hi Michael, *,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 5:37 AM, Michael Wheatland
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Christian Lohmaier
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Michael Wheatland
>>> Problem: The WYSIWYG editor on Silverstripe is not inserting the
>>> table. The table insert dialogue comes up ok, but when I click insert
>>> nothing happens.
>>
>> What browser and what version of the browser are you using?
>
> Chrome 9.0 on Linux.

I updated the version of tinyMCE that has this bug fixed. Please make
sure to clear the browser's cache to actually get the fixed version.

> We have a fully working
> CKEditor instance on the libreofficeaustralia.org development where
> all functions work as specified.

OK, great that you got it sorted out. Essential features are not
limited to the editor itself, what I meant was also integration in the
CMS, i.e inserting images, inserting links to other pages on the same
site, etc.

ciao
Christian

Next » 12