Silverstripe: Tables not inserting

12 « Prev

Re: Silverstripe: Tables not inserting

Hi Rimas, *,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 2011.01.27 00:50, Michael Wheatland rašė:
>
> Dropping the editor part, I don't think a table is semantically the best
> thing to use for that. Let's say your text is split into paragraphs and some
> paragraphs are illustrated by images. In this case, here's what you could do
> for that to look right:
> 1) put the image in the very beginning of each paragraph, float it right,
> and add a left margin of say 20px

Yes, basically how the "attention-quote" style works, one paragraph
has flat right, so the next one will flow next to it.

> 2) for each paragraph that you want to fall below any images in the previous
> paragraphs, add a clear:right style attribute
>
> I understand that it's perhaps not possible to achieve easily through the
> WYSIWYG editor (without manually editing HTML code),

Yes, depends on how complicate it gets code wise. If only one class
attribute per paragraph is necessary, then you can do it with the
editor, if you need to apply more than one class, you have to use the
HTML-source

> [...]
> One way to make adding nicely styled images easier I think would be to
> simply specify a few base classes in the CSS (or maybe they are already
> specified?).

Yes, that's definitely the better approach. Although there are no
dedicated styles for this currently.

Quickly looking at the css there are:

.FloatLeft {
        float: left;
}
.FloatRight {
        float: right;
}
.captionImage.FloatRight {
        margin-left: 1em;
}
.captionImage.FloatLeft {
        margin-right: 1em;
}

i.e. class="captionImage FloatRight" will give you a right-floating
one with 1em left-margin.

But of course this could be enhanced, extended.

> E.g., there could be a class that floats right and adds a left
> margin, and a second class which clears right.

.clear{
        clear:both;
}

does exist already

ciao
Christian

Wheatbix Wheatbix

Re: Silverstripe: Tables not inserting

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 5:43 AM, Christian Lohmaier
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Michael, *,
>
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 5:37 AM, Michael Wheatland
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Christian Lohmaier
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Michael Wheatland
>>>
>>> What browser and what version of the browser are you using?
>>
>> Chrome 9.0 on Linux.
>
> I updated the version of tinyMCE that has this bug fixed. Please make
> sure to clear the browser's cache to actually get the fixed version.

Thanks :)

>> We have a fully working
>> CKEditor instance on the libreofficeaustralia.org development where
>> all functions work as specified.
>
> OK, great that you got it sorted out. Essential features are not
> limited to the editor itself, what I meant was also integration in the
> CMS, i.e inserting images, inserting links to other pages on the same
> site, etc.

I am not sure whether you took a look at the site after Carlos
configured the editor, but linkit (the same internal link system used
on Silverstripe) is operational. Also functional is inserting images
with automatic resizing with cache is also available, so that images
are never delivered in a larger resolution than they need to be or
resized for every user.

All of this 'CMS integration' with CKEditor is configured and has been
working well for the past 6 weeks.
Carlos did a great job in configuring the editor correctly such that
updates to the editor are very easy.

12 « Prev