(Solved) Libreoffice not able to write to Rclone mount points

ashish128 ashish128

(Solved) Libreoffice not able to write to Rclone mount points

This post was updated on .
Hi,
I am on Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon edition and using Libreoffice 6.4.6.2 (and
rclone version 1.50.2)

I use rclone mounts and am able to access them as RW under terminal and GUI (using Nemo file manager).

Libreoffice has issues working with the files on the mounts in term of Write access. Read-only
works good.

Error while saving to a rclone mount is as below.

Error saving the document Untitled 1:
‘Object not accessible.

The object cannot be accessed

due to insufficient user rights.
<http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/file/t497146/LO_writer_save_error.png>

Error while Opening a document is as below.

Document Could Not Be Locked °

The lock file could not be created for exclusive access by LibreOffice, due to
missing permission to create a lock file on that file location or lack of Free
disk space.
<http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/file/t497146/LO_Writer_File_Open_Error.png>

Surprisingly, All other programs are working fine with rclone mounts viz abiword, xed, geany etc.I searched a lot and found solutions like using a .xcd file to remove file locking but it did not work.
(webpage link: https://askubuntu.com/questions/553824/how-to-disable-locking-in-libreoffice)
echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>                      false
' |sudo tee /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/registry/disable-file-locking.xcd

Am looking for a solution to be able to work upon my files on rclone mounts.

Kindly advise.

ashish128 ashish128

Re: Libreoffice not able to write to Rclone mount points