Sophie's blog article on LibreOffice Marketing contributors

marcpare4 marcpare4

Sophie's blog article on LibreOffice Marketing contributors

So, you are on the marketing list, either contributing with discussions
on marketing; either on the sidelines, just curious to see what we do;
on the sidelines not knowing what to do or how to do it ...

Have a read of Sophie's blog article on marketing. This may clear up
some aspects of our marketing team's job.[1]

If you see somewhere you can help out, even if it is just for one little
request for help or even helping out with larger time-consuming requests
... any help is appreciated. Even better if you think you can help
representing LibreOffice at conferences; check out our international
events calendar and you may find an upcoming conference happening near
you.[2]

Have a read of the blog article. It is really worth it!

Cheers,

Marc

[1]
http://sophiegautier.com/blog/index.php/2012/11/08/181-are-you-a-contributor-part-4-marketing
[2]
http://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/libreoffice-international-events-calendar/

--
Marc Paré
[hidden email]

Danishka Navin Danishka Navin

Re: Sophie's blog article on LibreOffice Marketing contributors

I think we should take out BOD meeting from the Calender as its not useful
for outsiders.
Lets focus on what community events but not our internal meetings.

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Marc Paré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So, you are on the marketing list, either contributing with discussions on
> marketing; either on the sidelines, just curious to see what we do; on the
> sidelines not knowing what to do or how to do it ...
>
> Have a read of Sophie's blog article on marketing. This may clear up some
> aspects of our marketing team's job.[1]
>
> If you see somewhere you can help out, even if it is just for one little
> request for help or even helping out with larger time-consuming requests
> ... any help is appreciated. Even better if you think you can help
> representing LibreOffice at conferences; check out our international events
> calendar and you may find an upcoming conference happening near you.[2]
>
> Have a read of the blog article. It is really worth it!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marc
>
> [1] http://sophiegautier.com/blog/**index.php/2012/11/08/181-are-**
> you-a-contributor-part-4-**marketing<http://sophiegautier.com/blog/index.php/2012/11/08/181-are-you-a-contributor-part-4-marketing>
> [2] http://www.libreoffice.org/**about-us/libreoffice-**
> international-events-calendar/<http://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/libreoffice-international-events-calendar/>
>

> --
> Marc Paré
> [hidden email]
> http://www.parEntreprise.com
> parEntreprise.com Supports OpenDocument Formats (ODF)
> parEntreprise.com Supports http://www.LibreOffice.org

Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/danishkanavin
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danishkanavin/

marcpare4 marcpare4

Re: Sophie's blog article on LibreOffice Marketing contributors

Hi Danishka,

Le 2012-11-10 05:39, Danishka Navin a écrit :
> I think we should take out BOD meeting from the Calender as its not useful
> for outsiders.
> Lets focus on what community events but not our internal meetings.

Visitors can filter the calendar with the small button on the top right
hand of the calendar. If I remember our conversations correctly, the
meetings on the calendar were to encourage visitors to join the project
and to show our transparency.

IMO, I think it is good to show that our community is involved and
committed. People will also realize that even with committee meeting, we
do attend some conferences.

But, sure, we could remove them if we agree that it would help. I would
rather leave it up to visitors to filter the calendars if they wish.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré
[hidden email]

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Sophie's blog article on LibreOffice Marketing contributors

Hi,

Marc Paré wrote on 2012-11-10 11:56:

> Visitors can filter the calendar with the small button on the top right
> hand of the calendar. If I remember our conversations correctly, the
> meetings on the calendar were to encourage visitors to join the project
> and to show our transparency.

indeed. I'd leave the BoD meetings in the calendar. They are open for
the general public, and the more people know about it, the better it is. :)

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108