Spellchecker/Dictionary Functions not working

arakish arakish

Spellchecker/Dictionary Functions not working

Although there is a newer version available, I seriously doubt y'all have fixed this problem.

Your spellchecker/dictionary functions do not work.  In every document I open, the same words I have already told to "Add to dictionary" are still flagged as misspellings no matter how often I tell Libre Writer to "Add to dictionary".

Version: 4.4.0.3

Build ID: de093506bcdc5fafd9023ee680b8c60e3e0645d7

Locale: en_US

rmfr
odfman odfman

Re: Spellchecker/Dictionary Functions not working

Version: 5.1.5.2
Build ID: 7a864d8825610a8c07cfc3bc01dd4fce6a9447e5
CPU Threads: 2; OS Version: Linux 3.19; UI Render: default;
Locale: en-AU (en_AU.UTF-8); Calc: group

Linux Mint 17.3

I am having no issues with adding words to the user-defined dictionary.

When I go to:
Tools - Options - Language Settings - Writing Aids - User-defined
dictionaries - standard
and then click the Edit button I can see the words that I have added to the
standard dictionary.

When I reopen documents that I have added words flagged as misspelt to the
standard user dictionary, these words are no longer marked as misspelt.

Do the words that you add to the user dictionary actually appear in the
dictionary?

regards

Mike

arakish arakish

Re: Spellchecker/Dictionary Functions not working

Another couple of questions.

Why is not that specific dictionary automatically checked?

I found I had to check it.

2) Why must we be subscribed to the mailing list to post questions on these forums?

I feel this is an unneeded requirement since I bookmark my question for later review for a possible answer.

Thanks for your understanding and help.

rmfr
V Stuart Foote V Stuart Foote

Re: Spellchecker/Dictionary Functions not working

arakish wrote
Another couple of questions.

Why is not that specific dictionary automatically checked?

I found I had to check it.
Tools -> Options -> Language Settings -> Writing Aids: User-definded dictionaries  Standard (all)

With a default new user profile it is empty and unused until you add a word to it, at which point it will show checked enabled. It can be unchecked/disabled (or deleted), but not clear why once a word had been added it did not remain enabled for you.

2) Why must we be subscribed to the mailing list to post questions on these forums?

I feel this is an unneeded requirement since I bookmark my question for later review for a possible answer.
We view subscription as a rather low hurdle to access these support channels.

Non-subscribed ML submission goes to moderation--and often to the bit-bucket.

If you want to be taken seriously, subscribe and hopefully also participate on the ML(s).

The same hold true for our Ask site (https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/questions/).

Stuart