Spellchecker not working

John Cleland John Cleland

Spellchecker not working

Hi

I am using libre office version 5.472 on Windows 10

The Spellchecker has stopped working.  In the spelling dialog box it
says the language is none, and refuses to let me select a language.

I uninstalled the program and deleted the configuration files in appdata
and reinstalled but spellchecker still does not work.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this.

Regards

John Cleland

remygauthier remygauthier

Re: Spellchecker not working

Hi,

The language is taken from the language associated with your character
formatting (Format -> Character). In my version (LO 6), when the
language on the font tab is set to None, I get the behaviour you are
describing. You can change this by editing the associated style(s) and
set the language you want or by selecting the text and changing the
language.

I hope this helps.

Rémy Gauthier.
Le dimanche 24 juin 2018 à 15:29 +0100, John Cleland a écrit :

> Hi
>
> I am using libre office version 5.472 on Windows 10
>
> The Spellchecker has stopped working.  In the spelling dialog box it
> says the language is none, and refuses to let me select a language.
>
> I uninstalled the program and deleted the configuration files in appdata
> and reinstalled but spellchecker still does not work.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this.
>
> Regards
>

> John Cleland

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Spellchecker not working

Hi John.
Can you select all text and click on the language in the centre of the
very bottom status bar of the window (mine sayse English(UK).
If you then click on More.... can you select a language with an A next
to it, A means spell checking is available).
steve