StarBasic 64Ko Limit, where ?

Regis Perdreau Regis Perdreau

StarBasic 64Ko Limit, where ?

Hi,

I'm interested to know where is the starbasic module size limit definition in the code ?
Some Help documents talk about a limit of 64 ko, but some users experiment an error message "program too big" before this limit.

RĂ©gis Perdreau

sberg sberg

Re: StarBasic 64Ko Limit, where ?

On 30/10/2019 12:11, Regis Perdreau wrote:
> I'm interested to know where is the starbasic module size limit
> definition in the code ?
> Some Help documents talk about a limit of 64 ko, but some users
> experiment an error message "program too big" before this limit.

should be relatively easy to grep for the error message in the source code?

Noel Grandin-2 Noel Grandin-2

Re: StarBasic 64Ko Limit, where ?

We store basic compiled code in one of our document formats, and use a 16-bit length field for the compiled code.

Changing the length of that field is non-trivial (I tried).