Starting libreoffice 5.1.4.2 in listening mode

Jim Byrnes Jim Byrnes

Starting libreoffice 5.1.4.2 in listening mode

I have been trying to start LO in listening mode so I can connect to it
with a external Python macro. I've tried various 'helloworld' examples
and I get errors with all of them.

Such as:

__main__.NoConnectException: Connector : couldn't connect to socket
(Success)

_main__.DisposedException: Binary URP bridge disposed during call

Googling hasn't been any help.

Could someone please show me a short example of how to do this?

Thanks,  Jim

anne-ology anne-ology

Re: Starting libreoffice 5.1.4.2 in listening mode

       Just 'searched' for 'listening modes' & 'listening modes in LO';
          under the first, there are numerous manuals, etc. - under the
second, nil.

       Hoping this helps you locate that for which you're searching,

TomD TomD

Re: Starting libreoffice 5.1.4.2 in listening mode

Hi :)
Is this the same as "headless mode".  A good search-term might be for;

headless mode for LibreOffice

Jim Byrnes Jim Byrnes

On 02/03/2017 11:26 AM, anne-ology wrote:
>        Just 'searched' for 'listening modes' & 'listening modes in LO';
>           under the first, there are numerous manuals, etc. - under the
> second, nil.
>
>        Hoping this helps you locate that for which you're searching,

Once I changed LO to libreoffice I got some hits. Most of them I had
seen already but there was a couple of new ones and one of them actually
worked.

Thanks,  Jim