Statistics for "Get involved" infobar in LibreOffice

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Statistics for "Get involved" infobar in LibreOffice

Hello everyone,

Recent versions of LibreOffice include an infobar that shows 90 days
after installation. It includes a "Get involved" button that points to
this page:

https://www.libreoffice.org/community/get-involved/

I've looked at some statistics to see how effective this is. Taking a
sample day, Monday 23 September, we had 1126 visits to that page from
the button in LibreOffice. And where do the people go?

INTERNAL PAGES

 * 26% to download
 * 25% to the front page
 * 16% to the developer page
 * 7% to the localisation page
 * 5% to the donate page
 * 19% elsewhere

EXTERNAL PAGES

 * 33% to Ask LibreOffice
 * 18% to the design page on the wiki
 * 12% to "What can I do for LibreOffice" site
 * 6% to the FAQ on the wiki
 * 6% to https://documentation.libreoffice.org/en/english-documentation/

So we can see that the "Get involved" infobar in the app is having some
effect, bringing over 1000 people a day to the page, and then some
people are going on to look in more detail at the development,
localisation, design and documentation projects.

--
Mike Saunders, Marketing & PR
The Document Foundation