Stepping down from Membership Committee

Katarina Behrens-2 Katarina Behrens-2

Stepping down from Membership Committee

Fellow MCMs, dear BoD,

I hereby resign from my position in Membership Committee of The Document
foundation effective immediately. If my resignation doesn't mean automatic
loss of TDF membership, I'd like that to happen separately as soon as it is
technically possible, preferably before BoD elections.

The change I would love to see in TDF and in the community around Libreoffice
is unlikely to happen in any foreseeable future. I tried to change a thing
here or there, but I failed and I feel burned-out from fighting a very lonely
fight.

I'm not doing this because I want to blackmail someone (anyone) into something

I'm not doing this because I want you people to start convincing me to stay
[1]

I'm doing this because I grieve for the community I would like to be part of,
but can't anymore.

Sometimes values re-align and then people leave. Good night and good luck.

B.

[1] I don't, so please don't do that, thank you

Michael Meeks-5 Michael Meeks-5

Re: Stepping down from Membership Committee

Hi Bubli,

On 23/07/17 22:57, Katarina Behrens wrote:
> The change I would love to see in TDF and in the community around Libreoffice
> is unlikely to happen in any foreseeable future. I tried to change a thing
> here or there, but I failed and I feel burned-out from fighting a very lonely
> fight.

        That's an unexpected shock. I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm deeply
curious as to the fights you're fighting that burned you out - or is it
some cumulative final-straw that breaks the camel's back type thing.

> I'm doing this because I grieve for the community I would like to be part of,
> but can't anymore.  Sometimes values re-align and then people leave.
        Again - I'd love to persuade you to re-consider; at the least - I'd
like to get your list of things that grieve you, and list of fights so
we can process them before this is made final. Your contribution has
been appreciated and distinctive =) there is much you've offered in the
MC, code, mentoring and lots of other places that it is a significant
loss to the project.

        All the best,

                Michael.

--
[hidden email] <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot

Eike Rathke-3 Eike Rathke-3

On Sunday, 2017-07-23 23:57:30 +0200, Katarina Behrens wrote:

> [... burned-out ...]

Sad to hear.

If there's something we, the community, TDF and board could had done
better (I'm sure there is) or that specifically upset you I'd like to
know (in private).

  Eike

--
GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Eike Rathke, Member of the Board of Directors

Osvaldo Gervasi Osvaldo Gervasi

Re: Stepping down from Membership Committee

Dear Katarina,
      I was extremely saddened by your message and I think TDF is losing one of the most significant and representative figures. If there is something I can do, please feel free to contact me in private.
--Osvaldo

Hi Bubli,

On Sunday, 2017-07-23 23:57:30 +0200, Katarina Behrens wrote:

> [... burned-out ...]

Sad to hear.

If there's something we, the community, TDF and board could had done
better (I'm sure there is) or that specifically upset you I'd like to
know (in private).

  Eike

--
GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Eike Rathke, Member of the Board of Directors
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, Germany

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Stepping down from Membership Committee

Dear Bubli,

these are very sad news indeed, and I am very sorry to hear that, both
on a professional, and even more on a personal level.

You've been around in the community ever since. I still remember how we
first met at a gathering after dinner back at openSUSE Conference in
Nuremberg. Wasn't that the evening where we got served those insanely
large pizzas, Fridrich helped to translate with his language skills and
then we all went to a party afterwards? Feels as if it was yesterday,
but it was a few days after LibreOffice was launched in 2010. Back in
the good old early days, when everything smelled so new. How time goes
by... I probably had half the weight and twice as many hairs back then. ;-)

I am very proud to say that over all these years, you've not only been a
valued contributor, but also have become a close friend.

It is burning inside me to convince you to stay, but at least for this
public forum and for the moment, I will respect your wish. Let me say
thank you for all you did inside the community. My sincere hope (and
possibly also my sincere conviction) is that our paths will cross again
in the near future, in this very project, in this very community.

TDF to me is always about people. About their dedication, their passion,
their enthusiasm, their engagement. All of us working jointly on one
common goal, everyone in the area they're best skilled at, and everyone
as friends. Even with friends, we sometimes have hard times, but if at
the end of the day we can sit together at a beer, coffee or tea and
rejoice again, then everything is fine.

Having been in the community for more than 13 years now, reading that
you encountered a different TDF makes me very sad. My sincere wish is we
can all together work on resolving the woes and issues, and I would be
very happy to see you in Rome at the conference. Friends stay friends,
no matter if in official capacity or not. And we all owe it to TDF to
make it a place everyone feels appreciated, respected, welcomed and happy.

All the best,
Florian

Thorsten Behrens Thorsten Behrens

you wrote:
> The change I would love to see in TDF and in the community around
> Libreoffice is unlikely to happen in any foreseeable future. I tried
> to change a thing here or there, but I failed and I feel burned-out
> from fighting a very lonely fight.

Thx a million for pushing for change (code, UX, people, diversity),
and for being all-round wonderful.

Much more has been, and will be said in private my love. Just that
much here: it's a terrible blow, also for me personally.

And now I'll respect your wish & let things rest.

Especially,

-- Thorsten

Katarina Behrens-2 Katarina Behrens-2

Re: Stepping down from Membership Committee

Hullo Eike, Osvaldo, Thorsten, Flo, Michael, every1 in MC, ...

... and every1 else who poked me privately: thanks for your support, I
appreciate it. The extent of it was something I didn't expect (I saw some "K
thx bye" coming, but that was about it ...)

> If there's something we, the community, TDF and board could had done
> better (I'm sure there is) or that specifically upset you I'd like to
> know (in private).

Right ... I have some long(er) list of feedback items, but unless there's some
TDFLeaks service somewhere, I suspect almost nothing of it is public, no eye
deer who reads misc private mailing lists ... so honestly, except for mailing
it privately to ppl as requested, I don't know what else to do with it *sigh*

B.

Cor Nouws-3 Cor Nouws-3

Re: [tdf-membership] [board-discuss] Stepping down from Membership Committee

Hi Bubli,

Katarina Behrens wrote on 27-07-17 23:43:

> ... and every1 else who poked me privately: thanks for your support, I
> appreciate it.

We already had a short communication on the MC mailing list. And of
course execute the changes in your roles, as you requested.

> Right ... I have some long(er) list of feedback items, but unless there's some
> TDFLeaks service somewhere, I suspect almost nothing of it is public, no eye
> deer who reads misc private mailing lists ... so honestly, except for mailing
> it privately to ppl as requested, I don't know what else to do with it *sigh*

We've been discussing some topics in the past year. If there is anything
that may be relevant for me to know, from my position in the MC, I'd
indeed appreciate if you can mail me or set up a chat.

Ciao,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws, Chairman Membership Committee

mobile  : +31 (0)6 25 20 7001
skype   : cornouws
blog    : cor4office-nl.blogspot.com
twitter : cor4office