Stop jenkins when new patchset uploaded?

Tamás Zolnai Tamás Zolnai

Stop jenkins when new patchset uploaded?

Hi there,

I wonder whether it can be solved somehow to stop jenkins build, when
a new patch set is uploaded to gerrit. It seems a waste of resources
to finish build of a previous patch set if a new one is there.

Thanks,
Tamás
Mike Kaganski Mike Kaganski

Re: Stop jenkins when new patchset uploaded?

Hi,

On 2/5/2017 6:58 PM, Zolnai Tamás wrote:
I wonder whether it can be solved somehow to stop jenkins build, when
a new patch set is uploaded to gerrit. It seems a waste of resources
to finish build of a previous patch set if a new one is there.

I believe that this isn't the best solution. There are sometimes cases when it's not desirable (and it's not guaranteed that *the last* patch set will necessarily be the one pushed).
IMO the best option is to provide meand to manually do that from gerrit by owner of the patch set (if possible), or the same from the build page itself.

Mike Kaganski

Ashod Nakashian-2 Ashod Nakashian-2

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 3:02 AM, Kaganski Mike <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 2/5/2017 6:58 PM, Zolnai Tamás wrote:
I wonder whether it can be solved somehow to stop jenkins build, when
a new patch set is uploaded to gerrit. It seems a waste of resources
to finish build of a previous patch set if a new one is there.

I believe that this isn't the best solution. There are sometimes cases when it's not desirable (and it's not guaranteed that *the last* patch set will necessarily be the one pushed).
IMO the best option is to provide meand to manually do that from gerrit by owner of the patch set (if possible), or the same from the build page itself.

+1

Would be great to have a "stop build" button, esp. for when the build server is slow/overwhelmed and we need to build a newer patch than the one wasting valuable cycles (and electricity).

-Ash