Styles and Formatting

Gert Faller Gert Faller

Styles and Formatting

Hi,

I've been working on the "Styles and Formatting window does not remember
hierarchical view" bug.
It seems I got it.
I've noticed that, the window does not remember the Frame Styles but reverts to
Paragraph Styles.
Is that an another bug or a feature ?
(The same in openoffice)

Regards.
Caolán McNamara Caolán McNamara

Re: Styles and Formatting

On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 14:55 +0200, Gert Faller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been working on the "Styles and Formatting window does not remember
> hierarchical view" bug.
> It seems I got it.
> I've noticed that, the window does not remember the Frame Styles but reverts to
> Paragraph Styles.
> Is that an another bug or a feature ?

Looks like context awareness fights with the last-selected setting a
bit. So when you restore the window, and it realizes there's no frame
selected it goes and selects the more relevant remaining thing, i.e.
paragraph styles. That's not so bad and is defensible, the lack of
memory of the view mode is more annoying.

C.

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: Styles and Formatting

Gert Faller wrote (29-10-10 14:55)

> I've been working on the "Styles and Formatting window does not remember
> hierarchical view" bug.
> It seems I got it.
> I've noticed that, the window does not remember the Frame Styles but reverts to
> Paragraph Styles.
> Is that an another bug or a feature ?
> (The same in openoffice)

In my experience, at the moment that I select a frame / graphic, the
section Frame Styles is activated. Which IMO is very good.

Does that fit in what you found?

Cor