TDF Budget for 2012 as of 2012-09-01

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

TDF Budget for 2012 as of 2012-09-01

TDF Budget for 2012 as of 2012-09-01

This is a non-binding draft.
Empty fields declare either no spending, or amount already booked.
For SPI donations, including Advisory Board fees, see
http://www.spi-inc.org/meetings/minutes/2012/2012-08-09/

Incoming

Bank account 40.819,57 €
PayPal 983,75 €
Flattr 4,84 €

INCOMING TOTAL 41.808,16 €


Outgoing recurring fees, extrapolated to the rest of the year
               
Servers and bandwith -2.692,00 €
Mail forwarding service -714,00 €
SIP line -203,20 €
Domain names -678,22 €
Tax advisory (est.) -1.500,00 €
Authoritiy fees -150,00 €
Authority fees reserve -621,47 €

OUTGOING TOTAL -6.558,89 €

TOTAL BALANCE 35.249,27 €
SAFETY RESERVE -15.000,00 €
BUDGET 20.249,27 €

--
Florian Effenberger, Chairman of the Board (Vorstandsvorsitzender)
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108
The Document Foundation, Zimmerstr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint

marcpare4 marcpare4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TDF Budget for 2012 as of 2012-09-01

Thanks Florian for doing this.

Marc

Le 2012-09-01 08:07, Florian Effenberger a écrit :

> TDF Budget for 2012 as of 2012-09-01
>
> This is a non-binding draft.
> Empty fields declare either no spending, or amount already booked.
> For SPI donations, including Advisory Board fees, see
> http://www.spi-inc.org/meetings/minutes/2012/2012-08-09/
>
> Incoming
>
> Bank account 40.819,57 €
> PayPal 983,75 €
> Flattr 4,84 €
>
> INCOMING TOTAL 41.808,16 €
>
>
> Outgoing recurring fees, extrapolated to the rest of the year
>
> Servers and bandwith -2.692,00 €
> Mail forwarding service -714,00 €
> SIP line -203,20 €
> Domain names -678,22 €
> Tax advisory (est.) -1.500,00 €
> Authoritiy fees -150,00 €
> Authority fees reserve -621,47 €
>
> OUTGOING TOTAL -6.558,89 €
>
> TOTAL BALANCE 35.249,27 €
> SAFETY RESERVE -15.000,00 €
> BUDGET 20.249,27 €
>


--
Marc Paré
[hidden email]
http://www.parEntreprise.com
parEntreprise.com Supports OpenDocument Formats (ODF)
parEntreprise.com Supports http://www.LibreOffice.org


Thorsten Behrens Thorsten Behrens
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

August 2012 profits & losses (was: TDF Budget for 2012 as of 2012-09-01)

In reply to this post by Florian Effenberger
Florian Effenberger wrote:

> TDF Budget for 2012 as of 2012-09-01
>
> This is a non-binding draft.
> Empty fields declare either no spending, or amount already booked.
> For SPI donations, including Advisory Board fees, see
> http://www.spi-inc.org/meetings/minutes/2012/2012-08-09/
>
> Incoming
>
> Bank account 40.819,57 €
> PayPal 983,75 €
> Flattr 4,84 €
>
> INCOMING TOTAL 41.808,16 €
>
>
> Outgoing recurring fees, extrapolated to the rest of the year
>
> Servers and bandwith -2.692,00 €
> Mail forwarding service -714,00 €
> SIP line -203,20 €
> Domain names -678,22 €
> Tax advisory (est.) -1.500,00 €
> Authoritiy fees -150,00 €
> Authority fees reserve -621,47 €
>
> OUTGOING TOTAL -6.558,89 €
>
> TOTAL BALANCE 35.249,27 €
> SAFETY RESERVE -15.000,00 €
> BUDGET 20.249,27 €
>
Dear members, TDF supporters,

please find attached our August 2012 profits & losses report. Sorry
for the delay, we're slowly growing accounting into budgetting
expenses. September report will take a few extra cycles, I still
need to integrate Concardis reporting (our credit card payment
service provider).

Many thanks for your ongoing support, with kind regards,

--
Thorsten Behrens, Director, Deputy Chairman of the Board
The Document Foundation, Zimmerstr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint

tdf-2012-08-report.html (16K) Download Attachment
attachment1 (205 bytes) Download Attachment
marcpare4 marcpare4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: August 2012 profits & losses

Hi Thorsten,

Le 2012-10-31 06:36, Thorsten Behrens a écrit :

>>
> Dear members, TDF supporters,
>
> please find attached our August 2012 profits&  losses report. Sorry
> for the delay, we're slowly growing accounting into budgetting
> expenses. September report will take a few extra cycles, I still
> need to integrate Concardis reporting (our credit card payment
> service provider).
>
> Many thanks for your ongoing support, with kind regards,
>

Thanks for doing this. Much appreciated.

A couple of questions and remarks:

* The Revenues section has different titles with the words: "from
donation receipt", "donation receipt to", "against tax receipt" -- were
these supposed to mean "with tax receipt"?

* What are "2565 Members boarding costs" -- boarding costs usually mean
putting up members in hotels/houses as well as perhaps food, etc. Is
this what you mean by this title?

* What is meant by "2900 Other costs charitable mission"?

I wonder if the accounting software that is being used for the TDF could
output these reports more as .pdf files, or, in our native Calc format
(better for us to show off our software potential). This would preserve
the double-entry column setup rather than leaving it up to the
particular browser to render the columns (the file you posted is in .html).

It would also be nice to have "Assets" and "Liabilities" included in the
report for the membership to keep track of.

Finally, is the accounting package being used by the TDF a German based
package and the file output posted on our mailing lists are a
translation of these files? Would it be possible for us to know the name
of the accounting package?

Cheers,

Marc


--
Marc Paré
[hidden email]
http://www.parEntreprise.com
parEntreprise.com Supports OpenDocument Formats (ODF)
parEntreprise.com Supports http://www.LibreOffice.org


Thorsten Behrens Thorsten Behrens
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: August 2012 profits & losses

Hi Marc,

you wrote:
> A couple of questions and remarks:
>
> * The Revenues section has different titles with the words: "from
> donation receipt", "donation receipt to", "against tax receipt" --
> were these supposed to mean "with tax receipt"?
>
well, the translations came from you IIRC - I have in my script:

("3221 Geldzuwendungen gegen Zuwendungsbestätigung", "3221 Monetary donations from donation receipt"),
("3223 Geldzuwendungen ohne Zuwendungsbestätigung", "3223 Monetary donations without tax receipt"),
("3225 Sachzuwendungen gegen Zuwendungsbestätigung", "3225 Benefits in kind donation receipt to"),
("3227 Sachzuwendungen ohne Zuwendungsbestätigung", "3227 Benefits in kind donation receipt without"),
("3230 Aufwandszuwendungen gegen Zuwendungsbestätigung", "3230 Expense allowances against tax receipt"),
("3232 Aufwandszuwendungen ohne Zuwendungsbestätigung", "3232 Expense benefits without tax receipt"),

, which are all donations (money, goods, stuff not reimbursed by
members), either with someone wanting a receipt to hand in to
tax authorities, or without.
 
> * What are "2565 Members boarding costs" -- boarding costs usually
> mean putting up members in hotels/houses as well as perhaps food,
> etc. Is this what you mean by this title?
>
Nope, that is paying e.g. lunch on a project meeting. Hotel costs
would end up in 2560.

> * What is meant by "2900 Other costs charitable mission"?
>
Expenses valid under German charitable law, that don't fit other
accounts.

> I wonder if the accounting software that is being used for the TDF
> could output these reports more as .pdf files, or, in our native
> Calc format (better for us to show off our software potential). This
> would preserve the double-entry column setup rather than leaving it
> up to the particular browser to render the columns (the file you
> posted is in .html).
>
PDF should be easy to come by (print2pdf in my browser), for ODS I'm
sure there's scripting somewhere - any hints appreciated, the
software in use is gnucash.

> It would also be nice to have "Assets" and "Liabilities" included in
> the report for the membership to keep track of.
>
Yep, though that needs some report hacking - again, help appreciated
from someone familiar with gnucash. I'll look into that myself
eventually, just currently quite busy with getting Concardis
working. ;)

> Finally, is the accounting package being used by the TDF a German
> based package and the file output posted on our mailing lists are a
> translation of these files? Would it be possible for us to know the
> name of the accounting package?
>
See above. Also, again IIRC you yourself were instrumental in
getting this translation going. The original accounts unfortunately
have to be German (using the so-called SKR49 account setup), which
is natively avaible in gnucash, but I hope we can get the
translation script improved enough that this is comprehensible.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

attachment0 (205 bytes) Download Attachment
marcpare4 marcpare4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: August 2012 profits & losses

Hi Thorsten,

Le 2012-10-31 11:34, Thorsten Behrens a écrit :

> Hi Marc,
>
> you wrote:
>> A couple of questions and remarks:
>>
>> * The Revenues section has different titles with the words: "from
>> donation receipt", "donation receipt to", "against tax receipt" --
>> were these supposed to mean "with tax receipt"?
>>
> well, the translations came from you IIRC - I have in my script:
>
> ("3221 Geldzuwendungen gegen Zuwendungsbestätigung", "3221 Monetary donations from donation receipt"),
> ("3223 Geldzuwendungen ohne Zuwendungsbestätigung", "3223 Monetary donations without tax receipt"),
> ("3225 Sachzuwendungen gegen Zuwendungsbestätigung", "3225 Benefits in kind donation receipt to"),
> ("3227 Sachzuwendungen ohne Zuwendungsbestätigung", "3227 Benefits in kind donation receipt without"),
> ("3230 Aufwandszuwendungen gegen Zuwendungsbestätigung", "3230 Expense allowances against tax receipt"),
> ("3232 Aufwandszuwendungen ohne Zuwendungsbestätigung", "3232 Expense benefits without tax receipt"),
>
> , which are all donations (money, goods, stuff not reimbursed by
> members), either with someone wanting a receipt to hand in to
> tax authorities, or without.

Yup[1]. I am not sure what happened with the "Revenues" (Income) section
that I submitted, weird. So, these then need more EN "tweaking",

Suggestions:

3221 Monetary Donations With Tax Receipt
3223 Monetary Donations Without Tax Receipt
3225 Benefits in Kind With Tax Receipt
3227 Benefits in Kind Without Tax Receipt
3230 Expense Allowances With Tax Receipt
3232 Expense Allowances Without Tax Receipt

or if the GNuCash field allows for a longer description

3221 Monetary Donations With Receipt for Tax Purposes
3223 Monetary Donations Without Receipt for Tax Purposes
3225 Benefits in Kind With Receipt for Tax Purposes
3227 Benefits in Kind Without Receipt for Tax Purposes
3230 Expense Allowances With Receipt for Tax Purposes
3232 Expense Allowances Without Receipt for Tax Purposes


>
>> * What are "2565 Members boarding costs" -- boarding costs usually
>> mean putting up members in hotels/houses as well as perhaps food,
>> etc. Is this what you mean by this title?
>>
> Nope, that is paying e.g. lunch on a project meeting. Hotel costs
> would end up in 2560.
>

Ah OK.

Suggest:

2560 Travel Costs Refunds --> change to -->
2560 Member Travel Cost Refunds (this would take care of plane, train,
boat, auto, mileage expenses)

2565 Members Boarding Costs --> change to -->
2565 Member Meal Refunds (this will take care of breakfast, lunch,
dinners, snacks, food etc.)

Add new expense account to the ledger:

2564 Member Accommodation Refunds (this would take care of hotels,
motels, hostels, housing etc.)

This will help to better identify/report travel, accommodation and meal
expenses. It will also help in pulling up details to help plan for
future events.

I wonder about account "2704 Other Costs" -- I am not sure of DE, but in
Canada, if you add anything to this account, you must detail what the
"other costs" are or breakout into sub-accounts under it, just like with
what you did with the "2900 Other Costs Charitable Mission".

If account 2704 is meant to take care of "other office costs", then, if
the ledger has been properly set up, there should be a place for all
costs, and, there would be no need for account 2704.

>> * What is meant by "2900 Other costs charitable mission"?
>>
> Expenses valid under German charitable law, that don't fit other
> accounts.

Thanks.

>
>> I wonder if the accounting software that is being used for the TDF
>> could output these reports more as .pdf files, or, in our native
>> Calc format (better for us to show off our software potential). This
>> would preserve the double-entry column setup rather than leaving it
>> up to the particular browser to render the columns (the file you
>> posted is in .html).
>>
> PDF should be easy to come by (print2pdf in my browser), for ODS I'm
> sure there's scripting somewhere - any hints appreciated, the
> software in use is gnucash.
>
>> It would also be nice to have "Assets" and "Liabilities" included in
>> the report for the membership to keep track of.
>>
> Yep, though that needs some report hacking - again, help appreciated
> from someone familiar with gnucash. I'll look into that myself
> eventually, just currently quite busy with getting Concardis
> working. ;)

Sorry, I should have just said that it would be nice to also get a
"balance sheet". Now that I think of it, maybe this could be put out
just once a year (maybe at the TDF accounting year end). In that case
monthly accounting reports would be fine.

Maybe consider leaving the reports on the TDF website instead of as an
attachment on the mailing list.

I used GnuCash quite a few years ago and kept having problems with
reports and updates that would break the software and my ledger. I moved
to Quasar which is a clone of MYOB. If you are used to MYOB, then you
can use Quasar ... Quasar is no longer opensource, but you only need to
buy a commercial license if you plan on using Quasar over a network or
POS system -- the software is free to download for all people[2]. Solid
piece of Linux accounting software and the devs are very accommodating
-- they will literally create a binary package for your Linux distro if
it isn't available on their site. Don't be fooled by their cheesy
looking site, their devs are serious about accounting and listen closely
to their user feedback comments.

I took a look at Concardis ... no EN version on their site. Does it
offer service in EN? I am not in the loop, is it being used with
TDF/LibreOffice transactions?

>
>> Finally, is the accounting package being used by the TDF a German
>> based package and the file output posted on our mailing lists are a
>> translation of these files? Would it be possible for us to know the
>> name of the accounting package?
>>
> See above. Also, again IIRC you yourself were instrumental in
> getting this translation going. The original accounts unfortunately
> have to be German (using the so-called SKR49 account setup), which
> is natively avaible in gnucash, but I hope we can get the
> translation script improved enough that this is comprehensible.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Thorsten

Thanks again for doing all of this.

Cheers,

Marc

[1]
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.steering-discuss/2586
[2] http://www.linuxcanada.com/faq.shtml#open


--
Marc Paré
[hidden email]
http://www.parEntreprise.com
parEntreprise.com Supports OpenDocument Formats (ODF)
parEntreprise.com Supports http://www.LibreOffice.org