TDF and KOffice

Danishka Navin Danishka Navin

TDF and KOffice

Is there any collaboration between KDE's KOffice and TDF?

--
Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay

Re: TDF and KOffice

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Danishka Navin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there any collaboration between KDE's KOffice and TDF?

Would you like to be a bit more specific ? I did notice a somewhat
long discussion between you and @aseigo over identi.ca - is this
contextually related ?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>

Danishka Navin Danishka Navin

Re: TDF and KOffice

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Danishka Navin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Is there any collaboration between KDE's KOffice and TDF?
>
> Would you like to be a bit more specific ?

I was supposed to ask this question in earlier as I could not see KDE in the
supporters list.

for example: Mozilla Foundation had joint research projects with Google

Simply I just want to know are we open to work with other foss projects
specially similar applications, such as KOffice.

(we might now work with OO.org if Oracle not accepting the invitation.)

> I did notice a somewhat
> long discussion between you and @aseigo over identi.ca - is this
> contextually related ?

yes, we were in a discussion and we might continue it ;-)
it was really good to know how they think about new foundation

> --
> sankarshan mukhopadhyay
> <http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>

Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/danishkanavin
http://identi.ca/danishka

Danishka Navin Danishka Navin

Re: TDF and KOffice

I know this is too early to talk about R&D :)

--
Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/danishkanavin
http://identi.ca/danishka

André Schnabel André Schnabel

Re: TDF and KOffice

> Is there any collaboration between KDE's KOffice and TDF?

there is no formal agreement, you know - we are very new in the game :)

But people work together at several levels. E.g KOffice and people
from TDF both work on ODF standard conformance. Christoph Noack had several
talks with KOffice people regarding UX related work (although they
have much better technical options that we have, they face similar
problems when it comes to workflows ...).

regards,

André
--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 &euro;/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit

Christoph Noack-2 Christoph Noack-2

Re: TDF and KOffice

Hi André,

thanks for answering this question...

Am Dienstag, den 05.10.2010, 15:04 +0200 schrieb Andre Schnabel:

> Hi,
>

> > Is there any collaboration between KDE's KOffice and TDF?
>
> there is no formal agreement, you know - we are very new in the game :)
>
> But people work together at several levels. E.g KOffice and people
> from TDF both work on ODF standard conformance. Christoph Noack had several
> talks with KOffice people regarding UX related work (although they
> have much better technical options that we have, they face similar
> problems when it comes to workflows ...).

If anybody is interested in some details, here is the link to my "CeBit
2010 Experience" :-)

http://uxopenofficeorg.blogspot.com/2010/03/cebit2010-ribbonator.html

In general, I hope that we can improve the collaboration with the other
projects like KOffice, OpenUsability.org, ... at least, they share a
very similar vision.

Cheers,
Christoph