TDF website on mobile

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

TDF website on mobile

Hello,

it seems the TDF website (in comparison to the LibreOffice one) is not
looking decent on a mobile, there's horizontal scrolling. Seems it's
related to the logo(s) size. Italo, Mike, one of you can have a look?

Thanks,
Florian

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TDF website on mobile

Hi,

I see no horizontal scrolling both on Chrome and Firefox on Android. I use the mobile website daily for to run our twitter feed.... Maybe I am missing something ?

Best,

Charles.

Le 18 juillet 2017 09:03:49 GMT+02:00, Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]> a écrit :

>Hello,
>
>it seems the TDF website (in comparison to the LibreOffice one) is not
>looking decent on a mobile, there's horizontal scrolling. Seems it's
>related to the logo(s) size. Italo, Mike, one of you can have a look?
>
>Thanks,
>Florian
>
>--
>To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
>Problems?
>http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
>Posting guidelines + more:
>http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
>All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
>deleted

--
Envoyé de mon appareil Android avec K-9 Mail. Veuillez excuser ma brièveté.
--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Brett Cornwall Brett Cornwall
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TDF website on mobile



On July 18, 2017 1:32:05 AM MDT, "Charles-H. Schulz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>I see no horizontal scrolling both on Chrome and Firefox on Android. I
>use the mobile website daily for to run our twitter feed.... Maybe I am
>missing something ?

The main page has horizontal scrolling for me on Firefox for android as well as LineageOS's Jelly browser. The Libreoffice and TDF logos side-by-side are causing the overflow.

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TDF website on mobile

Hi,

Brett Cornwall wrote on 2017-07-18 at 09:52:
> The main page has horizontal scrolling for me on Firefox for android as well as LineageOS's Jelly browser. The Libreoffice and TDF logos side-by-side are causing the overflow.

indeed!
Italo, thanks for trying to fix it - can you poke Cloph for help with
the error message and wear the hat on correcting the page?

Thanks,
Florian

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Christian Lohmaier (klammer) Christian Lohmaier (klammer)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TDF website on mobile

Hi *,

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 12:24 PM, Florian Effenberger
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Brett Cornwall wrote on 2017-07-18 at 09:52:
>>
>> The main page has horizontal scrolling for me on Firefox for android as
>> well as LineageOS's Jelly browser. The Libreoffice and TDF logos
>> side-by-side are causing the overflow.

Seem you mean LibreOffice and Document Liberation logo..

> indeed!
> Italo, thanks for trying to fix it - can you poke Cloph for help with the
> error message and wear the hat on correcting the page?


Italo already did some changes to the page, and I added back the logos.

The current design is using explicit tables (eek!), changed that to
inline-block for the links/images, that allows them to reflow.

I'll leave the final review/publishing the draft to Italo

ciao
Christian

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted