Table toolbar

John Jason Jordan-2 John Jason Jordan-2

Table toolbar

LO 6.342 from the LO PPA on Xubuntu 18.04

I have a simple table with text data, no calculations or fancy stuff.
Every time I put the cursor in a cell the table toolbars pop up, and
usually on top of my work. I don't ever need the table toolbar. If I
really wanted the toolbar I know how to get it to appear. How can I tell
LO to cool its jets and leave me alone?

Dave Barton-4 Dave Barton-4

Re: Table toolbar

On 25/02/2020 05:49, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> LO 6.342 from the LO PPA on Xubuntu 18.04
>
> I have a simple table with text data, no calculations or fancy stuff.
> Every time I put the cursor in a cell the table toolbars pop up, and
> usually on top of my work. I don't ever need the table toolbar. If I
> really wanted the toolbar I know how to get it to appear. How can I tell
> LO to cool its jets and leave me alone?

Next time the table toolbar appears go to the main menu "View ->
Toolbars" and uncheck "Table".

V Stuart Foote V Stuart Foote

Re: Table toolbar

John Jason Jordan-2 wrote
> LO 6.342 from the LO PPA on Xubuntu 18.04
>
> I have a simple table with text data, no calculations or fancy stuff.
> Every time I put the cursor in a cell the table toolbars pop up, and
> usually on top of my work. I don't ever need the table toolbar. If I
> really wanted the toolbar I know how to get it to appear. How can I tell
> LO to cool its jets and leave me alone?

That is the "contextual" nature of the toolbar responding to UI navigation
onto a Table object.

You can limit its annoyance by launching the toolbar (View -> Toolbars ->
Table) and from its context menu: select 'Dock Toolbar'.   Default position
will be at the bottom of the LibreOffice frame, above the 'Status bar'. But
it can be dragged to redock at any location in the frame.

And aside from simply docking the toolbar,  as Dave B. notes, if you uncheck
View -> Toolbars menu entry while the toolbar is visible it will remain
hidden while navigating onto Table objects, or when creating new tables.