Template manager

JohnSmith JohnSmith

Template manager

Hi all.
In one of the latest user guides is a screen-shot of the Template
Manager, taken from a Mac I think, showing a Repository button (File >
New > Templates, or whatever route you wish to use to open it). This
button does not exist on my Win XP system in LO release 4.2.3.1. Would
someone check to see if this button still exists in other OSes than XP
please?
It's either gone now or a bug. If it's gone I can rewrite, else I'll
file a bug.
Thanks.

Regards
JohnS

JohnSmith JohnSmith

Re: Template manager

I should have included the info that the button appears in the
screen-shot to the left of the 'Import' button with 'My Templates'
selected in the 'Documents' tab.

JohnS
On 20/03/2014 17:26, John Smith wrote:

> Hi all.
> In one of the latest user guides is a screen-shot of the Template
> Manager, taken from a Mac I think, showing a Repository button (File >
> New > Templates, or whatever route you wish to use to open it). This
> button does not exist on my Win XP system in LO release 4.2.3.1. Would
> someone check to see if this button still exists in other OSes than XP
> please?
> It's either gone now or a bug. If it's gone I can rewrite, else I'll
> file a bug.
> Thanks.
>
> Regards
> JohnS

Milos Sramek-2 Milos Sramek-2

Re: Template manager

Dňa 20.03.2014 18:26, John Smith wrote / napísal(a):
> Hi all.
Hi,
in 4.2.2.1 on Linux I have in the Template manager:
4 tabs: Document Spreadsheets Presentation Drawings
One button on left: New Folder
three buttons on right: Search, Action menu, Get more templates from...

Perhaps the last one is that you mean

best
Milos

--
Milos Sramek, [hidden email]

Gary Schnabl Gary Schnabl

Re: Template manager

As I recall, there were some bugs with the Template Manager in the
earlier versions. Also, the older documentation also contained some
errors. However, due to bugs being present, it would be very difficult
to have error-free documentation about something that didn't work properly.

Gary

On 3/20/2014 1:26 PM, John Smith wrote:

> Hi all.
> In one of the latest user guides is a screen-shot of the Template
> Manager, taken from a Mac I think, showing a Repository button (File >
> New > Templates, or whatever route you wish to use to open it). This
> button does not exist on my Win XP system in LO release 4.2.3.1. Would
> someone check to see if this button still exists in other OSes than XP
> please?
> It's either gone now or a bug. If it's gone I can rewrite, else I'll
> file a bug.
> Thanks.
>
> Regards
> JohnS

Jean Weber Jean Weber

Re: Template manager

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 3:26 AM, John Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all.
> In one of the latest user guides is a screen-shot of the Template Manager,
> taken from a Mac I think, showing a Repository button (File > New >
> Templates, or whatever route you wish to use to open it). This button does
> not exist on my Win XP system in LO release 4.2.3.1. Would someone check to
> see if this button still exists in other OSes than XP please?
> It's either gone now or a bug. If it's gone I can rewrite, else I'll file a
> bug.
> Thanks.
>
> Regards
> JohnS

It's definitely still there on Windows8 in LOv4.2.3.1. I'm downloading
4.2.3.1 right now to install and check on the Mac. I'll get back to
you when I've done that.

However, please note that if you happen to have a template selected,
that button does not appear. It does appear when a template folder is
open but no template is selected, or when no template folder is open.

--Jean

Jean Weber Jean Weber

Re: Template manager

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 7:55 AM, Jean Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 3:26 AM, John Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all.
>> In one of the latest user guides is a screen-shot of the Template Manager,
>> taken from a Mac I think, showing a Repository button (File > New >
>> Templates, or whatever route you wish to use to open it). This button does
>> not exist on my Win XP system in LO release 4.2.3.1. Would someone check to
>> see if this button still exists in other OSes than XP please?
>> It's either gone now or a bug. If it's gone I can rewrite, else I'll file a
>> bug.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Regards
>> JohnS
>>

> It's definitely still there on Windows8 in LOv4.2.3.1. I'm downloading
> 4.2.3.1 right now to install and check on the Mac. I'll get back to
> you when I've done that.
>
> However, please note that if you happen to have a template selected,
> that button does not appear. It does appear when a template folder is
> open but no template is selected, or when no template folder is open.
>
> --Jean

I've found what it is. If "Enable experimental features" is not
selected in Options > Advanced, then the "Repository" button does not
appear. What I wrote in GSCh1 therefore needs modification. Sorry
about the confusion, John.

(The first sentence of my second paragraph is a bit silly, I now
realise, because a completely different set of buttons appears when a
template is selected.)

--Jean

Martin Saffron Martin Saffron

Re: Template manager

Hello John,

I've just checked all my machines: the 'Get More Templates' button is
present in LO 4.2.2.1 running on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 12.04.

Regards

Martin

On 20/03/14 17:26, John Smith wrote:

> Hi all.
> In one of the latest user guides is a screen-shot of the Template
> Manager, taken from a Mac I think, showing a Repository button (File >
> New > Templates, or whatever route you wish to use to open it). This
> button does not exist on my Win XP system in LO release 4.2.3.1. Would
> someone check to see if this button still exists in other OSes than XP
> please?
> It's either gone now or a bug. If it's gone I can rewrite, else I'll
> file a bug.
> Thanks.
>
> Regards
> JohnS

Jean Weber Jean Weber

Re: Template manager

Martin,
The "Get More Templates" button (on the right-hand end of the Template
Manager) is NOT the same as the "Repository" button (on the left-hand
side), which is what John was asking about. However, as I just
discovered and posted about, the difference is whether experimental
features are enabled in the Options.

--Jean

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 10:46 AM, Martin Saffron
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello John,
>
> I've just checked all my machines: the 'Get More Templates' button is
> present in LO 4.2.2.1 running on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 12.04.
>
> Regards
>
> Martin
>

> On 20/03/14 17:26, John Smith wrote:
>>
>> Hi all.
>> In one of the latest user guides is a screen-shot of the Template Manager,
>> taken from a Mac I think, showing a Repository button (File > New >
>> Templates, or whatever route you wish to use to open it). This button does
>> not exist on my Win XP system in LO release 4.2.3.1. Would someone check to
>> see if this button still exists in other OSes than XP please?
>> It's either gone now or a bug. If it's gone I can rewrite, else I'll file
>> a bug.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Regards
>> JohnS

Jean Weber Jean Weber

Re: Template manager

Clarifying: the "Get More Templates" button is present whether or not
experimental features are enabled. It's only the "Repository" button
that is affected.

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Jean Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Martin,
> The "Get More Templates" button (on the right-hand end of the Template
> Manager) is NOT the same as the "Repository" button (on the left-hand
> side), which is what John was asking about. However, as I just
> discovered and posted about, the difference is whether experimental
> features are enabled in the Options.
>
> --Jean
>

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 10:46 AM, Martin Saffron
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello John,
>>
>> I've just checked all my machines: the 'Get More Templates' button is
>> present in LO 4.2.2.1 running on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 12.04.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Martin
>>

>> On 20/03/14 17:26, John Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all.
>>> In one of the latest user guides is a screen-shot of the Template Manager,
>>> taken from a Mac I think, showing a Repository button (File > New >
>>> Templates, or whatever route you wish to use to open it). This button does
>>> not exist on my Win XP system in LO release 4.2.3.1. Would someone check to
>>> see if this button still exists in other OSes than XP please?
>>> It's either gone now or a bug. If it's gone I can rewrite, else I'll file
>>> a bug.
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JohnS

>> deleted

Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: Template manager

Le 21/03/2014 01:44, Jean Weber a écrit :

Hi Jean,

> I've found what it is. If "Enable experimental features" is not
> selected in Options > Advanced, then the "Repository" button does not
> appear. What I wrote in GSCh1 therefore needs modification. Sorry
> about the confusion, John.

The "Repository" button feature was made experimental because it is
incomplete, unstable, unfinished, or however you choose to call it once
you have tried adding a few different online repositories and found that
it doesn't always work as expected ;-)

Currently, I recall having read something about the fact that GoogleDocs
repositories no longer worked, but that may, or may not, have been fixed
by now.

Alex

Jean Weber Jean Weber

Re: Template manager

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Jean Weber <[hidden email]> >

> I've found what it is. If "Enable experimental features" is not
> selected in Options > Advanced, then the "Repository" button does not
> appear. What I wrote in GSCh1 therefore needs modification. Sorry
> about the confusion, John.
>
> (The first sentence of my second paragraph is a bit silly, I now
> realise, because a completely different set of buttons appears when a
> template is selected.)
>
> --Jean

My mistake. It's GS Ch3 (Styles & Templates) that needs amending.

--Jean

JohnSmith JohnSmith

Re: Template manager

HI
Thanks to all who responded, particularly you Jean for the info on the
experimental explanation.
It is actually GS Ch3 I'm dealing with. I'll get it amended and then
uploaded.
Thanks to all once again.

Regards
JohnS