The feed is too long in home page.

ACTom ACTom

The feed is too long in home page.

Hi,

   The feed "scrolling the sidebar with the scroll-wheel" is too long in
home page,it let a lot of blank in the left of page.

Tom

Jean Spiteri Jean Spiteri

Re: The feed is too long in home page.

Where is this problem occurring exactly?
suokunlong suokunlong

Re: The feed is too long in home page.

Hi,

What Tom means is that, on the homepage the "Posts" and "Feeds" are
showing full/complete content of each post.

At this moment, there is no problem, because the 4 posts have almost the
same length of contents and each of them is not too long. But, just a
few days ago (when Tom was posting) the was the 4th post which has very
long content, while the rest 3 is very short, that makes a lot of spaces
on the left side.

When displaying the feed contents it is necessary to truncate its
contents, so that the really long feeds do not break our webpage. (This
is an easy-hack, just some lines of codes will do this.)

Kevin Suo

于 2014年07月01日 23:07, Jean Spiteri 写道:
> Where is this problem occurring exactly?

Re: The feed is too long in home page.

Hi *,

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Kevin Suo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What Tom means is that, on the homepage the "Posts" and "Feeds" are showing
> full/complete content of each post.

most actually don't as the rss feed's description usually is truncated
already (i.e. what silverstripe gets is already truncated)

> When displaying the feed contents it is necessary to truncate its contents,
> so that the really long feeds do not break our webpage. (This is an
> easy-hack, just some lines of codes will do this.)

I did limit the text to 500 characters.

ciao
Christian