Thin Line under Heading - Border Line?

charles meyer charles meyer

Thin Line under Heading - Border Line?

I'm trying to recreate that thin grey line which appears below a title
heading on Wikipedia pages.

ex. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book

Is that considered a Border Line in Libre Writer?

If so, I tried to create one following these steps
https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Defining_Borders_for_Tables_and_Table_Cells

But, after I highlight my heading and the click Table, the Properties under
that is all grayed out.

Thank you.

Dan Lewis Dan Lewis

Re: Thin Line under Heading - Border Line?

You are working with the wrong style. You need to change the style for
the title heading. This style should have several Tabs which include
Font Effects which is where you need. There look for the title
underlining. The drop down list to its right contains the type of
underlining, and the next drop down list contains the possible colors
that can be used.

Dan

On 8/15/20 3:43 PM, charles meyer wrote:

> I'm trying to recreate that thin grey line which appears below a title
> heading on Wikipedia pages.
>
> ex. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book
>
> Is that considered a Border Line in Libre Writer?
>
> If so, I tried to create one following these steps
> https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Defining_Borders_for_Tables_and_Table_Cells
>
> But, after I highlight my heading and the click Table, the Properties under
> that is all grayed out.
>
> Thank you.

Dave Howorth Dave Howorth

Re: Thin Line under Heading - Border Line?

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 15:43:47 -0400
charles meyer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm trying to recreate that thin grey line which appears below a title
> heading on Wikipedia pages.
>
> ex. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book
>
> Is that considered a Border Line in Libre Writer?
>
> If so, I tried to create one following these steps
> https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Defining_Borders_for_Tables_and_Table_Cells
>
> But, after I highlight my heading and the click Table, the Properties
> under that is all grayed out.

Why would you expect the formatting for a Header to be within a Table
properties?

Why didn't you select the header then styles/edit and then choose
an appropriate border? That appears to work as you wish.

> Thank you.

Dave Howorth Dave Howorth

Re: Thin Line under Heading - Border Line?

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 16:25:26 -0400
Dan Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You are working with the wrong style. You need to change the style
> for the title heading. This style should have several Tabs which
> include Font Effects which is where you need. There look for the
> title underlining. The drop down list to its right contains the type
> of underlining, and the next drop down list contains the possible
> colors that can be used.

The underlining only underlines the text itself. To 'underline' the
whole row, you need to set a border.