Tip Of The Day

htietze htietze

Tip Of The Day

We have the awesome daily tip on Twitter and shouldn't withhold this great resource of knowledge to our actual users. So I implemented a tip-of-the-day dialog that pops up once per day when a module is started. There is no sequence and the "Next tip" button and what comes the other day is random (just to not store the last used id). Advanced users can easily disabled the dialog. It will be in the nightly build tomorrow (or the next days).

For now I used the strings from https://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/marketing. But not all tips are up-to-date and it may need some revisions for proper English. I'd like to ask you to go through the list and change the strings or remove, if needed. Of course, additions are also also welcome. For collaborative work it's shared on https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/D6zAC5wddW83xWT

Every string may contain of _one_ hyperlink, which is separated from the text (taken from "http" until the end of the line). Single \ need escaping \\.

Last but not least every tip can have a small illustration (max 120px IIRC; larger sizes increase the dialog width). The first tip searches for tipoftheday_0.png, the second for tipoftheday_1.png etc. If not present, the light bulb from our gallery is shown. I believe those images could be a really cool eye catcher and helpful to get the point of the tip. That's a task for our great designers. Just send me the images or store it somewhere.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Heiko

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Tip Of The Day

Hello there,

Great idea! As one of the main twitter admins for our project, I would like to invite the docs team to add to our tips database located here: https://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/marketing
Scroll down for the tips.

Thank you,

Charles.

Le 10 avril 2019 18:23:26 GMT+02:00, Drew Jensen <[hidden email]> a écrit :

>Howdy,
>
>Great idea.
>
>So, I took a quick scan and noticed a type in tip 28. Fixed it in the
>pad
>but can't get an editable view in NC with the direct link and couldn't
>find
>it doing a quick scan through the shared folders. Can you post where it
>is
>there and I would do that there also.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Drew
>
>On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 11:38 AM Heiko Tietze <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>
>> We have the awesome daily tip on Twitter and shouldn't withhold this
>great
>> resource of knowledge to our actual users. So I implemented a
>> tip-of-the-day dialog that pops up once per day when a module is
>started.
>> There is no sequence and the "Next tip" button and what comes the
>other day
>> is random (just to not store the last used id). Advanced users can
>easily
>> disabled the dialog. It will be in the nightly build tomorrow (or the
>next
>> days).
>>
>> For now I used the strings from
>> https://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/marketing. But not all tips are
>> up-to-date and it may need some revisions for proper English. I'd
>like to
>> ask you to go through the list and change the strings or remove, if
>needed.
>> Of course, additions are also also welcome. For collaborative work
>it's
>> shared on https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/D6zAC5wddW83xWT
>>
>> Every string may contain of _one_ hyperlink, which is separated from
>the
>> text (taken from "http" until the end of the line). Single \ need
>escaping
>> \\.
>>
>> Last but not least every tip can have a small illustration (max 120px
>> IIRC; larger sizes increase the dialog width). The first tip searches
>for
>> tipoftheday_0.png, the second for tipoftheday_1.png etc. If not
>present,
>> the light bulb from our gallery is shown. I believe those images
>could be a
>> really cool eye catcher and helpful to get the point of the tip.
>That's a
>> task for our great designers. Just send me the images or store it
>somewhere.
>>
>> Thanks a lot in advance,
>> Heiko

>https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/

Rosmaninho Rosmaninho

Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Tip Of The Day

Ah! This is a genius idea. :D

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 5:57 PM Drew Jensen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Great idea.
>
> So, I took a quick scan and noticed a type in tip 28. Fixed it in the pad
> but can't get an editable view in NC with the direct link and couldn't find
> it doing a quick scan through the shared folders. Can you post where it is
> there and I would do that there also.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Drew
>
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 11:38 AM Heiko Tietze <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > We have the awesome daily tip on Twitter and shouldn't withhold this
> great
> > resource of knowledge to our actual users. So I implemented a
> > tip-of-the-day dialog that pops up once per day when a module is started.
> > There is no sequence and the "Next tip" button and what comes the other
> day
> > is random (just to not store the last used id). Advanced users can easily
> > disabled the dialog. It will be in the nightly build tomorrow (or the
> next
> > days).
> >
> > For now I used the strings from
> > https://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/marketing. But not all tips are
> > up-to-date and it may need some revisions for proper English. I'd like to
> > ask you to go through the list and change the strings or remove, if
> needed.
> > Of course, additions are also also welcome. For collaborative work it's
> > shared on https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/D6zAC5wddW83xWT
> >
> > Every string may contain of _one_ hyperlink, which is separated from the
> > text (taken from "http" until the end of the line). Single \ need
> escaping
> > \\.
> >
> > Last but not least every tip can have a small illustration (max 120px
> > IIRC; larger sizes increase the dialog width). The first tip searches for
> > tipoftheday_0.png, the second for tipoftheday_1.png etc. If not present,
> > the light bulb from our gallery is shown. I believe those images could
> be a
> > really cool eye catcher and helpful to get the point of the tip. That's a
> > task for our great designers. Just send me the images or store it
> somewhere.
> >
> > Thanks a lot in advance,
> > Heiko

htietze htietze

Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Tip Of The Day

Please don't fix the marekting pad. I don't plan to compare this with
the document shared on Nextcloud. It's public and everyone with the link
should be able to change. If there is an issue the infra team an me are
happy to help.

Thanks a lot for creating the initial list,

Heiko

Am 10-Apr-19 um 18:33 schrieb Charles-H. Schulz:

> [...]
>>> IIRC; larger sizes increase the dialog width). The first tip searches
>> for
>>> tipoftheday_0.png, the second for tipoftheday_1.png etc. If not
>> present,
>>> the light bulb from our gallery is shown. I believe those images
>> could be a
>>> really cool eye catcher and helpful to get the point of the tip.
>> That's a
>>> task for our great designers. Just send me the images or store it
>> somewhere.
>>> Thanks a lot in advance,
>>> Heiko
>>>

>>> --
>> https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
>>> Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Tip Of The Day

Hello Heiko,

I must be dense but I've looked on NextCloud and cannot find the
document. Also, I would like to have one centralized place for tips so
if it goes on one place on NextCloud, so be it. But please DON'T ERASE
the pad! :-)

Thanks,

Charles.

htietze htietze

On 11.04.19 14:40, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
> I must be dense but I've looked on NextCloud and cannot find the document. Also, I would like to have one centralized place for tips so if it goes on one place on NextCloud, so be it. But please DON'T ERASE the pad! :-)

Shared the link in the first message here again https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/D6zAC5wddW83xWT
It's LOOL powered so direct editing possible. Access is granted for everyone (just enter an alias first).

I don't dare to touch the marketing board :-)

Le 11.04.2019 16:18, Heiko Tietze a écrit :

> On 11.04.19 14:40, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
>> I must be dense but I've looked on NextCloud and cannot find the
>> document. Also, I would like to have one centralized place for tips so
>> if it goes on one place on NextCloud, so be it. But please DON'T ERASE
>> the pad! :-)
>
> Shared the link in the first message here again
> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/D6zAC5wddW83xWT
> It's LOOL powered so direct editing possible. Access is granted for
> everyone (just enter an alias first).
>
> I don't dare to touch the marketing board :-)

Thanks! Do you happen to have the path to the document or is it
willingly obfuscated?

Best,

Charles.

htietze htietze

On 11.04.19 17:21, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
> Thanks! Do you happen to have the path to the document or is it willingly obfuscated?

It's under resources, here is the direct link https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/apps/files/?dir=/Resources&fileid=63842
Not sure the folder structure is the same for everyone.

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Tip Of The Day

Heiko,

Heiko Tietze @ 2019-04-11 18:51 CEST:

> On 11.04.19 17:21, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
>> Thanks! Do you happen to have the path to the document or is it willingly obfuscated?
>
> It's under resources, here is the direct link https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/apps/files/?dir=/Resources&fileid=63842
> Not sure the folder structure is the same for everyone.

That's what I feared. I checked again following the link above and I was not
able to reach the document; in fact I was prohibited from accessing it. This
is why I couldn't locate the document in the folder tree today. Do you think
you could change the permissions on the folder or should we ask Guilhem for help?

Thank you,

--
Charles-H. Schulz Co-founder, The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint Mobile Number: +33 (0)6 98 65 54 24.

htietze htietze

On 11.04.19 23:00, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
> ...is why I couldn't locate the document in the folder tree today. Do you think
> you could change the permissions on the folder or should we ask Guilhem for help?

Permission granted on the folder now.

Cheers,

Heiko Tietze @ 2019-04-12 08:00 CEST:

> On 11.04.19 23:00, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
>> ...is why I couldn't locate the document in the folder tree today. Do you think
>> you could change the permissions on the folder or should we ask Guilhem for help?
>
> Permission granted on the folder now.
>
> Cheers,
> Heiko

I still cannot access it with the path you gave and a search in the search
bar did not return it. Do you think you could put the spreadsheet under
Common > Documentation or Common > Design ?

Thank you,