To get involved to LibreOffice project

Asela Rukmal Asela Rukmal

To get involved to LibreOffice project

Hello Everyone

Hi I'm Asela Dasanayaka, a computer engineering undergraduate from
University of Peradeniya Sri Lanka. I have used LibreOffice and I
would like to support and contribute to LibreOffice. I have basic
knowledge about core technologies of LibreOffice (java,c++,python). I
am new to open source projects. I have already downloaded and built
LibreOffice 5. Can anyone suggest me how to start with small bug
fixing.
Thanks a lot!

Best Regards
Asela Dasanayaka
www.asela-rukmal.blogspot.com
Efe Gürkan YALAMAN Efe Gürkan YALAMAN

Re: To get involved to LibreOffice project

Hello Asela,

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GetInvolved

This will help you alot,

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/EasyHacks

Also this will help you alot. Good thing you have basic setup, just browse these bugs, find yourself a suitable bug. Don't hesitate to ask code pointers. And ask for help on IRC if you stuck.

Have a lot of fun,

Cheers,

On 27 Jun 2016 19:35, "Asela Rukmal" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Everyone

Hi I'm Asela Dasanayaka, a computer engineering undergraduate from
University of Peradeniya Sri Lanka. I have used LibreOffice and I
would like to support and contribute to LibreOffice. I have basic
knowledge about core technologies of LibreOffice (java,c++,python). I
am new to open source projects. I have already downloaded and built
LibreOffice 5. Can anyone suggest me how to start with small bug
fixing.
Thanks a lot!

Best Regards
Asela Dasanayaka
www.asela-rukmal.blogspot.com
jan iversen jan iversen

Re: To get involved to LibreOffice project

hi Asela, Rosen and Nadith.

Welcome to our project, nice that you all want to help make this project even greater.

I assume you know each other ? it is often easier to be a little group when starting on a big project like LibreOffice, so you can help each other.

We have made a step by step guide, to help you get your first patch successfully merged:

It is kind of hard to suggest specific bugs to be solved. You should look in bugzilla for easyHacks with DifficultyBeginner:

The skill<foo> tells which language the bugs needs to be written in.

Choose something that interest you, that is the most important part of working with open source. You need to have fun while hacking on the bug,  working on opensource is not like having a job, where the manager tells you what to do, here you decide what you like to do.

I am here to help new people through the first steps of contributing to LibreOffice, so feel free to ping me.

have a nice week.
rgds
jan I.